Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

homosexuality thread Login/Join 
posted
I've been reading over your thread about the psychopathology of homosexuality and would like to add a few items of interest.

As I've read, the percentage of homosexuals in the general population is approximately 10%. In a given group of 1000 heterosexual men and 1000 homosexual men, there will be a greater number of pedophiles in the homosexual group. If there were no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia, then why would this correlation exist?

The work of journalist Jason Berry, the work of
sexual abuse survivor advocate Father Tom Doyle, and the work of the late Dr. Michael Peterson (himself a gay priest) all address various aspects of this issue.

It is an extremely difficult and complex issue and to try to reduce it to civil rights, issues of tolerance/intolerance, and bigotry are simplistic
and antagonistic.

Does a gay subculture exist? You betcha!
The question is "why?" Is the sole purpose of this subculture to perform character assinations on anyone who disagrees with their position? To use covert psychological techniques and undercover activists to brainwash others? To immediately infer and imply that anyone who doesn't see things their way is prejudice and bigoted? Or does the subculture exist as a means of protection of a group that has been hated and persecuted throughout the ages?

Power seems to be the issue here. Persecuted groups often see power as 'power over' others.
The persecuted becomes the persecutor. The gays who were persecuted yesterday become the ones
who persecute today. And God help us if anyone disagrees with them on any issue.

The naive and uninformed like to reduce this to an
easy to solve civil rights issue. But there is much more at stake here. A subculture that discredits, intimidates, violates, and, then, cries "Victim" should be thoroughly studied and
investigated. The lives of our children are at stake.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting points, to which I'll reply sometime later today.

I'm closing this thread, however, and moving your post to the active one. Please register for the forum to participate (you can use a pseudonym, of course, and your IP address is private).

Thanks. Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post