Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surviving Kundalini: Tip #2 Login/Join

posted
Hey folks, I'm back to offer another tip on how to cope with Kundalini energy! This week I'd like to speak about the adrenal glands. Although very small, sitting atop the kidneys, they play a HUGE role in the overall function of the human body, and are vital for sustaining human life.

After my uprooting awakening, I had turned to alcohol for a number of years as a way to try and cope with the overwhelming energy. This certainly effected my adrenals much more than they would have been, but nevertheless I believe - whether you're a drinker or not - that optimizing your adrenal glands can restore you to great health.

I had such little strength in the first few years after my awakening, that even holding a coherent line of thought required energy that I did not have. I was far beyond exhausted - my performance at work greatly suffered because of it, and I became more and more isolated, as I lacked the strength to even engage in social gatherings. At least three times per day during my shift, I'd retire to the bathroom to literally sprawl out flat on the floor, and just lay there, begging for motivation to make it through the day. Here's how I changed all of that:

One responsibility of the adrenal glands is to help us deal with stress, by releasing certain hormones, as well as endorphins, to comfort our body and mind. As with any machine, the output of said chemicals can only be sustained for so long. If you'd endured a lifetime of panic attacks as I have, only to have that pushed to the extreme post-awakening, eventually you reach the point of adrenal exhaustion. There are simply no more resources to draw off of, and the stress, depression, lethargy, and anxiety only worsens. When you do not know how to heal this problem, it's absolutely terrifying, and the condition causes dramatic upheaval in your personal life.

Caffeine will cause a temporary spike in energy, and possibly mania, with an inevitable crash coming within the same day or the next. It's likely that you'll be sensitive to EVERYTHING - certain foods, liquids, sugar, wheat, and even the level of outdoor humidity will throw your mental and physical health into disarray, as your adrenals are nearly completely shut down, unable to provide any defense to what are normally easily-handleable issues.

Luckily, there are treatments to help. This week, I'd like to focus on natural herbs, known as adaptogens. The two adaptogens with which I have had GREAT success are known as Ashwagandha and Siberian Ginseng (or Siberian Root). These can be purchased at many health stores, such as GNC, and also online, at a very affordable cost.

Adaptogens work primarily with cortisol. Cortisol is an essential chemical, released each day by the adrenal glands, to provide energy to the organism. As with everything in life, cortisol must be in balance to properly fuel the body. Too much - or too little - can cause fatigue, lethargy, depression, anxiety, or other problems. Adaptogens are very special in that they work to normalize cortisol levels - they will raise it if it's low, and lower it if it's high.

After a few months of adaptogen use, my adrenals have returned to nearly perfect function. I have most of my energy back, I'm not exhausted all day long for no reason, and I can even occasionally enjoy coffee again, and can now handle green tea daily without problem. If you are suffering from extreme fatigue due to stress induced by a Kundalini awakening, then I highly suggest that you give adaptogens a try!

With love & light,

Jay

Posts: 18 | Location: CT, USA | Registered: 03 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jay.

If you're going to be doing other tips, let's collect them all in one thread. That way they won't be scattered around. What say?

I've noticed good results from ginseng as well. It's now part of my multi-vitamin.

For those who are interested, see http://biologyofkundalini.com Lots of good material on getting one's biochemistry straight. I don't go in for some of her metaphysical stuff, however.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan, brother!

Posts: 18 | Location: CT, USA | Registered: 03 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What at the dosages of the supplement. I too hI justave experienced the same going on 15 years now.

Posts: 1 | Location: rhode island | Registered: 08 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome, workinthroughit.

It's been a few months since "limbo" has been around, but maybe he'll show up to respond to your question. What I'd suggest is that you take the dose amount recommended on the bottle of herbs and see how it goes. Let us know.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post