New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini Art Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Bob, where did I recommend "What is Self?" I don't recall doing that anywhere, though there is some thought-provoking material in it. We've had several long discussions of her work on this board, if you're interested.

Nice reflections on fiery serpents and the Cross. Thanks.

Hi Phil,
Off the top of my head I thought that you had recommended her book within your book, but I may be wrong. I may have read it in one of the threads here.

Bob>
quote:
I think right thinking may be the entire key to right energy flow within us. And sometimes the wrong thinking we have is below the surface enough that we don't realize it is still there.

Phil>
quote:

I completely agree, as it is thought that gives form to "energy." That's why Paul, in Rm. 12:1 calls for a complete renewal of mind, and why I emphasize so much the importance of sound theology and doctrine -- or, at least, of not ascribing to bad theology and heterodox doctrines.

Which brings us back to the Israelites who gazed at the serpent on the pole.

Ga 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So if the reconciliation happened at the cross and it includes all things, that would include our wrong thoughts. Paul used the cross as a guide and guage. Fear, for example, can be a big problem when dealing with strange spiritual experiences and expanded awareness. Ego is another big one.
When we look at what happened at the cross it has to become apparent that it is not up to us or within our power or worthiness anyway.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

What strange things God has wrought in us. As evidenced by the experiences shared on this forum. Yet knowing that it all began with the Grace bestowed on us at the cross we can be assured of the knowledge of Christ in us that it leads us to.

All the best,
Bob

Posts: 14 | Location: Illinois River Valley | Registered: 15 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post