Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm confused about Kundalini and the Holy Spirit. Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi Phil, have ordered your book by the way. Will let you know what I think. Smiler I don't think I've become anything lol. I don't exercise any faith that there is a personal God. I'm open to the idea of some kind of cosmic consciousness but haven't really delved into that. I'm still a spiritual person I suppose but I no longer pray to Yahweh, through Jesus. I thank the powers that be (whatever, whoever0, for my life and still function the same, maybe freer in spirit and less hung up about feeling guilty etc. I suppose the last 'thread' tying me to 'God' is the experience of this 'power' that I had. Maybe I imagined it and conjured it up in my mind. I don't know. I probably never know. Wink

Posts: 56 | Location: UK | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
CR, the "last thread tying you to 'God'" is really the fact of your existence. Wink

Don't stop searching. It's especially important to consider Jesus -- his message, death and resurrection.

Peace, Phil

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I should have said 'the last thread that stopped my faith going awol. Wink

I am still searching but I am making a concerted effort not to consider Jesus. For the best part of 40 years I've tried to hold up a one way 'relationship' (that's a joke), with Jesus but I stopped kidding myself that he is actually real. Unlike a higher power, there is no evidence at all for Jesus or rather for his claims. If he's real the onus is on him I think. He hasn't revealed himself yet (I'm not meaning road to Damascus stuff) and I am no longer holding out any hope that he will. He is just a legend like all the others. Sorry but that is what I now believe.

Posts: 56 | Location: UK | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
CR, I'd be happy to dialogue with you about Jesus on another thread. You might want to consider the forum, Growing in Christ, wherein I discuss ways of encountering the risen Jesus.
- https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/frm/f/211107858

You are mistaken if you believe Jesus didn't exist and is only a legend. There is near unanimity among scholars on this point.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil, yes I'd like to discuss Jesus with you on the other forum.

I'm sure that there was an itinerant rabbi called Jesus, but I no longer believe the claims about him. That is where the legend has grown up around him.

I'll be busy most of the weekend but I'll come back to you on the other forum asap.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Good deal, CR. Start a new discussion on the Religion and Culture forum, or maybe Christian Morality and Theology forum.

Have a good weekend.