Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and food response Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

I have just recently signed up to this forum and am looking to make new friends who are going through kundalini awakenings or have been going through the process for a number of years now. Even though this forum is a 'support network' it would be good to make a few really good friends that can be part of a support network of friends so that we can share ideas on what works for us, challenges we are having and what I find most challenging of all - kundalini and food.

In particular I am really interested to know what issues/ challenges people have with their digestion with kundalini and when kundalini is flowing? What foods do people eat most of by category (Proteins, Carbs, Fats, Grains, Raw, natural sugars) and in what ratio? What foods have people found work for them?

I have personally found that my own issues with digestion and food in particular have been fatigue, nausea and dizziness. Has anyone else experienced similar things? What did they do to overcome it??

Much love and blessings, Mark

Posts: 5 | Location: leeds | Registered: 26 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

I honestly haven't had to pay too much attention to diet in relation to kundalini. As long as I eat in moderation, I've been able to enjoy almost anything. Recently however, I've been off red meat because it upsets my digestion. I eat lots of fruit and take probiotic yoghurt each morning which helps. But I don't think kundalini has made much difference. Most folk digest red meat slowly.

I still drink coffee, used to drink a little alcohol, but not any more, eat chocolate, pizza from time time. I try not to eat too late at night but apart from that, I enjoy eating. Moderation is the key, I think.

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about kundalini, but I have had good results from my diet of avoiding salt, sugar, wheat, and dairy. My weight is down 30 pounds, and my blood pressure is down 10 or 20 points.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my epxerience kundalini 'drives' us to improve every aspect of our life including our diet. I myself have extensively experimented with diet including many and prolonged phases of fasting.

Now I eat a diet that is vegetarian and free of sugar, white flour and unhealthy fats. It is relatively high in protein.

If you suffer from digestive problem, in my experience, diet is rarely the culprit but you should look at the topic of the navel chakra: how are you getting on with topics like power, success, sex and money? Are you in conflict with them, do you avoid them or do you focus too intensively on them? This will be the key to get over your stomach troubles.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I had a period early on when I was sensitive to certain foods, but that eventually came to pass. Now I can eat or drink (including alcohol) pretty much anything, though some foods leave me feeling more sluggish, so I tend to avoid them. My leanings are toward a whole food diet, with minimal processed foods.

Consequences seem to be our best teachers when it comes to kundalini issues. What makes things worse? Stop doing that. What seems to help? Do more of that. Pretty simple, but unique to each person.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone thanks for your simple but straight forward responses. It reminds me that I need to listen to my own body and adjust constantly to what I feel/ my body needs. Its great that you can all eat anything and gives me faith. Samson, I do sometimes eat red meat which is the strange thing because I need the iron/ grounding and strength from this but a lot of people might say that is 'bad' following a spiritual lifestyle but as you say just have to have most things in moderation and have faith. I also started eating more salt as it helps kick my digestion into gear as gets nutrients into cells (and before was drinking too much water). Derek I try and avoid wheat too and don't eat hardly any dairy. Recently though needing to drink more. Kundalini therapist I completely agree with what you are saying and the main issue for me is getting back into the real world and working (which I have been doing a lot recently and is starting to clear things up) by taking my attention off me and getting me out my house to focus on love and others.

Hi Phil, good to know your sensitivities passed as mine seem to be doing the same on a lot of levels. I find that the symptoms come and go depending on what you are dealing with at the time and would be most anxious of. How does everyone else's symptoms manifest?

Thanks everyone, Mark Smiler

Posts: 5 | Location: leeds | Registered: 26 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey BlissInTheHeart, haha yeah I know what you mean!! Sometimes it the anticipation and the thoughts about things including food that actually cause it (and the actual cause is minimal). I am realising the importance of drinking plenty water again and realised how much my body was using it to undergo it's growth process! Thanks for your reply Smiler

Anyone else get symptoms related to thoughts or certain food types - carbs, proteins, water intake etc?

Much peace, Mark

posted Hide Post
I am holding decidedly the view that kundalini is foremost an event of the mind and not of the body. It is simply an amplification of all our thoughts, emotions and our awareness, so that we notice things in ourselves and others that we did not notice before.

All this can manifest as pains, blockages and over-sensitivities in our body but the origin is always our mind and it is also our mind where we can find the solution to all our kundalini troubles.

I am living in the kundalini process all my adult life for the last 30 years, so I can not really say if I have 'symptoms' because I have not much to compare it with. I have always been that way - lol.

Over the course of the last 30 years I think I had almost every kundalini symptom in the book - both positive and difficult ones.

At the moment I have only positive ones - lol - long may it last! But I always have a 'theme' associated with a chakra that challenges me to develop further. The themes usually last between 5 to 10 years and at the moment it is the heart. So, sometimes I feel heart pain and negative emotions around the topic of love. But it's going well - not too much bother at all.

I used to have digestive trouble for decades but it is all gone since I have worked with the navel more extensively during the last 10 years.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this idea of "themes".

I seem to have been stuck in the throat chakra for the past 4 or 5 years, and as I work through the issues and the chakra opens to the energy more, lots of weird and wonderful experiences and connections are unfolding. I'm kind of in awe of the process at the moment and the incredible miracles that surround this chakra, but I'm having to release a lot of stuff and meet the pain that's bundled up here. The past few nights I've lain in bed and allowed the energy to almost pierce my throat, followed by an agonised silent scream as the emotion is released.

I've also noticed that these shifts or issues are raised at certain times and am becoming more interested in how astrological events affect the energy. For instance, I'm usually blasted with a huge dose of blissful energy on the full moon, and recently noticed some issues rising around the time of the spring equinox. I'm led to believe there's a major astrological event during Holy Week this year.

Sorry to digress from food and digestion, but the astrological connections are really quite interesting, although it's probably best to just let things unfold without anticipating too much.

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I am in agreement with that about it being an event of the mind. Sometimes I feel as though I have to work alongside that on the physical level too because in the past I have got too caught up with the idea that its all just an illusion anyway, so I have to be realistic at times too and approach it from both angles, slowly improving my spiritual faith and understanding. Hey I know what you mean about having 'one' set thing that you tend to concentrate on like that whether it be a chakra or something else. My chakra of the last two years has been the throat and working on expression but felt from the heart. Thanks for the link mate, very useful Smiler
Hi Samson, I also notice massive changes on the full moon and also the new moon and like just said am going through a very similar thing with my throat chakra so great to know that I am not alone Smiler I believe that the key to this issue is the navel and also throat chakra, and use toning every now and again directly or indirectly. Much love Smiler

What challenges are people facing at the moment??

posted Hide Post
quote:
in the past I have got too caught up with the idea that its all just an illusion anyway

Hi Mark
This is a common misunderstanding - knowing intellectually that our problems are illusory does not mean that the pain does not exist and that we can forget about the whole thing and that we do not need to address our psychological and physical needs.

The thing with these illusions is that in an unconscious way we are holding on to them. So, we creating the problem on one level while trying to get rid of it at the same time on another level - obviously it can never work.

Here is an example of what I mean from a client; This person suffered from frequent fatigue, so he tried to improve his diet with no effect whatsoever. He then tried to work with energy medicine manipulating his energy body, which brought some very slight improvement.

My approach with him was his suppressed anger, which he vigorously denied. So I simply encouraged him to assert himself more strongly and that brought on a significant improvement. The fatigue went away 50% or so. But there were still spells of bad fatigue. Eventually, he relented about his denial and looked more deeply at his repressed his anger. Much to his dismay he discovered a lot of petty spitefulness in himself that was very much at odds with his previous self-image of a 'good person'.

So, here you have the conflict: acknowledging his 'nasty' side and getting rid of the fatigue (because fatigue equals unawareness and results from suppressing the angry impulses) or keeping his positive self-image and paying the price of fatigue through suppressing his nasty side. let's just say this was not an easy decision for my client.

Many spiritual practitioners want to do away with their psychological problems - I have observed this numerous times. But when kundalini is active this is not possible any more because this energy high-lights our inner conflicts, so that we cannot ignore them any longer.

Having said all this, I am also very much in favour to improve our diet and make it as healthy as possible. It's not all psychological and kundalini asks us to make our entire life more healthy. But generally speaking, digestive problems have a strong psycho-somatic aspect.

Hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
Hi, I realise that I need to look after my psychological and physical needs and I am constantly using mindfulness in my life to observe and feel my way through the illusion or the pain that exists in me. Having said that I realise that I need to look more closely at the exact issues like anger and the emotions which are underlying. I will do that tomorrow when on my trip to London. The reason I want to master it on the physical level too is because at least that gives me some 'buying' time where it allows me to move from the 'physical' to the 'spiritual' at a more measure pace instead of being swept up by the energies pace. Ultimately there is no getting away from it though and I know the only way to deal with this is through the mind and mindfullness and looking at my root issues or the causes of what is going on in my life. I think I will get a lot of clarification on this tomorrow Smiler