Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changes and family? Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,
I must say once again this website you have created is trully a God send. There is virtually nobody I know in a close proximity or even anyone for that matter that I have ever met that I know of (who is Christian)who has experienced kundalini.
I board myself in my daughters room at least once a day to pray and meditate. I put earphones on so I can't hear outside noise, and put on my daughters rain machine to further drown out noise. I pray quietly but I know sometimes my family can hear me praying in Glossalia. My wife believes in Christ and is supportive but I tend to scare her if I speak to openly at times about this inner experience that quite frankly would scare me if the tables were turned.
Anyway tonight when the usual was going on with me praying I started to hear a bell tolling like a church bell in the distance cositently every few seconds with the same exact lapse as a church bell ringing aknowledging a new hour. I couldn't tell if it was an actual church bell at first but it kept on going on and on at the same pace. I'm certainly not going to tell my wife and ask for her opinion although anything at all other than this i would? JD

Posts: 9 | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd:
... I put earphones on so I can't hear outside noise, and put on my daughters rain machine to further drown out noise. ...

I'm curious: why do you want to drown out noise when you pray? Are you very sensitive to sounds/noise? For me, that's been one of the most challenging things about having k. in my head. I can't stand noise, or even certain sounds at times. It's been disruptive to my life as a mother because my children have never seen a mom (or anyone) who has to wear earplugs at times just to be able to relate with their normal, boy loudness. I know it's made them feel like they're hurting me, and that is not at all helpful to their sense of being relaxed around me.

I've never heard inner bells or sounds, but I've read that others hear such things, but that might be more at the beginning of the process. Well, actually, I've heard a whooshing sound at times, but I've assumed that's blood coursing through my ears (?) Is that even an anatomical possibility?

Phil probably knows a lot about this from his years talking with so many people who've experienced k.

Does praying in the Spirit help to calm the energy roaring? What kinds of "inner experience" are you talking about that you think are frightening for your wife?

Yes, thank God for a forum where Christians can safely talk about k. I'm glad that you found SP and we welcome your questins and contributions.

Thank you, Phil, for providing SP!

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply Sasha,
I should clarify that we live in a small duplex inwhich we rent out the upstairs. We have a female boxer "Roxy" and a Peakapoo named "Macho". Our space means that we are all really close all of the time which is great but in order for me to pray I ask the family that I get a half an hour. I'll shut my daughters door as they share the master bedroom and then i'll put on the ear muffs and crank up the waterfall machine to drain out all the backround noise. If I didn't do this I wouldn't be able to hear myself think.
When I put my children down to bed at night I will place the earphones which drown out the noise once again on my head. Depending on how late we get them into their bedroom I try to read them a book before I do this. My nine year old has a ruff time going down so I generally stay by their bunkbeds with the huge earphones on praying the rosary. When I'm done nine times out of ten they are asleep.
I do know what you mean about external noise for sure. I know my oldest daughter used to get upset when I would pray with the headphones on and I try to reassure her that it is absolutely nothing personal. We usually have a few hours when I get home from work to play around anyway. She's old enough now to understand that daddy has to do things to stay well.
The inner experiences I refer to concerning the conversations with my wife are all kundalini related. Explaining to her what it is and how it flows is a little wild to say the least. She gives me the benefit of the doubt that I am not crazy.
Maybe it's a northeast thing at that. Glossalia does not tie well hand in hand with her catholic upbringings(I don't Know). But I try to keep that part of my K experience very private. I know somewhere in the bible, in fact I read it the other night, that speaking in tongues when other's can't interpret should be done in private. Or singing in the spirit should be done in private for that very reason of not scaring people with what would look like babble i suppose.
In general I have kept my K experience private within my family structure. My wife and children know it's going on and give me the time I need to pray and meditate. I know my oldest perhaps at times thinks that I may be acting abit weird but at least she will remember me fighting my battles on my knees.
The bell tolling in the far distance was definately there last night. It was soo distinctfull and was not a blood pressure or pressure fot that matter related thing. I guess I just threw it out there as these things I believe are more easily shared with you guys then feeling perhaps like I'm scaring my wife.
God bless JD

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi JD,

Good to see that you're finding this to be aplace where you can talk about what's going on with k and faith issues.

It's good that your family gives you the time and space to pray. I wonder why you feel the need to be "loud" about it, however. You can always pray in tongues under your breath, and even sing kind of quiet. It's the expression of intent more than sound decibels that matters. Wink

Re. discussing K issues with family: I just never do it any more . . . doesn't do me nor them any good. I'll just say I need some "quiet time" or something they can relate to somewhat and let it go at that. The more "normal" they perceive me to be, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Phil. I've had some time to read alot of old threads today and reread some of your book. It's very helpfull to integrate what is going on with me with the wealth of knowledge here.
There seems to be alot of activity around my forehead region lately. Pressure and release of when I'm meditating and praying. A bright light acompanied by an indigo(very bright) like someone is shinning it right infront of my closed eyes. That lasts what seems like a few seconds. Feeling like I'm moving forward and backwards in some space. Just a few minutes ago I had purple throughout what seemed like my whole field of vision but it wasn't like the intense indigo. My muscles aren't constricting as much either. I'm rambling now and don't mean to use this thread like my online diary.
Anyway I read an old thread that made some references to Christians going through Kundalini seem to be an odd breed and it really resonated.
God Bless, John