Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

heart and throat chakra Login/Join

Picture of carmel43
posted
Is there a relationship between the heart and throat chakra?
For months now there seems to be a pattern developing with Kundalini symptoms, and my intuition tells me I need to deal with a serious personal situation regarding my relationship with my husband. I am getting councelling for anxiety right now and I know this is all related.
In your book, Phil,Kundalini Energy, on p. 27 you mentioned you had a time where you dealt with anxiety, but really didnt explain much on how it diminished. I would really like to hear more on that subject. I suffer from anxiety in a terrible way and surrender it to Our Lord every day.

Thank you anyone on input on this situation.

Posts: 41 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: 08 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Carmel43--

This may not be relevant to you at all, but I distinctly feel anxiety in my heart and throat, and also in the small muscles that connect the atlas (cervical vertebrae that supports the skull) to the skull. I don't experience K symptoms, so I'm no help there; but learning to release the small atlas/skull muscles helps me in a mechanical way, and being really honest with God with whatever it is I'm genuinely feeling, impious or not, or expressing small concerns or bigger ones, brings a cool rush of air into my throat and generally unknots my heart.

Posts: 578 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Carmel. For me, the anxiety was somewhat generalized and seemingly unrelated to any particular situation. That's why I called it "existential anxiety," which is deep in the unconscious and is a consequence of our basic human woundedness, I guess you'd say. It seems the k process under the guidance of the Spirit brought about a healing at that level, and that has been a great blessing.

If you have anxiety regarding particular situations, it's always best to face them squarely to see what you might be able to do to work through it. Talking it out with a friend or counselor, or dealing with that marriage situation you alluded to could help. Maybe change some of your expectations or beliefs that might be contributing. The k process doesn't resolve these issues without some work on our part as well.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carmel43
posted Hide Post
Well facing my situations squarely is what I am doing, no hiding allowed here!! Letting go of trying to fix everyone and everything is what I am learning to do.

The rotating symptoms are what I am trying to figure out how to manage. They come on suddenly and dissipate just as quickly. I can feel the energy move from my heart, then it feels like my esophagus is inflamed for a day or two, then the base of my neck feels congested, may get a headache, I may get a sore throat suddenly, goes away, various symptoms, but there is a pattern here. It seems to come to an end with the energy making its way toward the front of my face. Very unpredictable. And it seems to get worse when I become upset with people. Although, it certainly happens at other times. Calm is the word of the day I guess.

I also experience pleasant symptoms, that whole body tingling, like I'm drenched in a wave of energy. Its as though waves roll over and through me, just crazy. If it weren't for your Book Phil, I would have thought I was done for, wouldn't have had a clue as to what was going on. I used to have panic attacks when these things would happen, now I just let it happen, and go with the flow.

Ariel, thank you for your response, that spot you mentioned is very much affected , and seems to be a snag for me, and I have to do some deep breathing, I ice it, and that seems to help.

Posts: 41 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: 08 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear my book has been a help to you, Carmel. It seems that, in your case, the process is working itself out. Just give it time and don't try to force anything. Let your focus be on growing closer to God through spiritual disciplines like prayer rather than meditative practices that tend to intensify energy. "Calm" is a good word to keep in mind, along with "gratitude" for anything and everything.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carmel43
posted Hide Post
Yes,learning not to force anything seems to be crucial. Completely putting myself in God's hands and not trying to figure everything out seems to be the lesson for me. A big lesson in Trust. Gratitude.........I haven't been concentrating so much on that, you gave me something there, will certainly incorporate that in my daily prayer. I tend to look at the Kundalini symptoms as a negative, being disruptive in my daily activities, ect. wanting them to just go away......by the way, thank you for your wisdom. Wink

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it helpful. And, of course, anything you learn about your diet/lifestyle that you can associate with kundalini struggles is significant. Just hold it all before God as you would any other life issue, praying for wisdom and discernment.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
It seems that, in your case, the process is working itself out. Just give it time and don't try to force anything.

You might be interested in this transcript of a telephone interview I came across.

It's actually on a Buddhist website, but the subject of the discussion is kundalini.

"You will only get into trouble if you seek to manipulate your experience," says the counselor.

http://kennethfolkdharma.wetpa...Study%3A+IntegralDoc

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Very good article. Thanks.

Note that they consider this a "natural energy." Also, that the energy seems responsive to where and how we place our attention. That resonates with my own experience completely, which is why I encourage people to keep their attention focused prayerfully on God in the present moment. Whatever the energy does when one takes such a stance will be best, even if it's discomforting.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Greetings, Christine. Glad to hear you got the dentist to do that X-Ray; it's always best to be sure that the physical body itself isn't the cause of some quirky energy stuff.

Some have found relief from discomforting symptoms through acupuncture or acupressure so you might keep this in mind. Otherwise, it's usually a matter of just putting up with the symptoms and seeing what helps or what makes things worse.

Picture of carmel43
posted Hide Post
I must say, checking back in to see if there were any more posts was comforting to me. To see from faustina, her symptoms, sound similar to mine. It is good to know "its just not me".

Regarding acupuncture, I did give that a try, and the result for me was like a flood gate was opened up. Energy flow was so intense, especially up my legs, that a deep pain developed that lasted a week, then finally settled down and disappeared. I won't be trying that again Eeker

I just keep having this rotation between my heart and base of skull, which is very distracting. At times, I find I must find a quiet place, deep breath, relax and it usually calms down.