Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Transformative Experiences    On the misuse of spiritual power: Isha Yoga, Est, etc.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the misuse of spiritual power: Isha Yoga, Est, etc. Login/Join

posted Hide Post
To the person who was at Isha. This is typical for New Age self development cults. The Leader/ Guru/ Rinpoche /Lama ore Medium has som psychic powers that because we dont understand them, seem God like. It can be felt like a whole lot of energy surrounding the place and the guru. Also in cults there are major contradictions between what is told is ethical behavior and what the guru actually does, and what is told to the followers to do. Contradictions you hafe to supress your notion of, to stay in the cult. Maybe not in Isha direct, but in most other New Age Selfdevelopment cults you find physical, sexsual and emotional abuse. And in these New Age self development cults the Gurus/ Rinpoches also often use their psychic power/ spiritual powers to abuse with. Like splitning someones energy system by inducing involentary kundalini that makes people go into Extreme trauma/ chock...And also typical is that the other followers think they get somewhere in the cult, while they actually get futher away from love/ God/ their potential and the truth. Thats probably why Jesus ore something inside of you said to stay away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SMaria,

Posts: 3 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 17 September 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your post, SMaria. Shasha started this thread nine years ago, and though she was a dear and valued member for many years, she hasn’t posted recently.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Derek:
Thanks for your post, SMaria. Shasha started this thread nine years ago, and though she was a dear and valued member for many years, she hasn’t posted recently.

Okay. But the subject has become even more current today. What she is writting about is so similar to my experiences, and New Age selfdevelopment cults in general. The guru has some kind of seemingly strange powers and an energyfield surrounds him and the cult. And there is and misuse of power - psychological power over people and psychic powers ore what you want to call it. People think they are going somewhere but get strangely more more and more ego and inflated (Jungian terminologi). Afilition ore roots into shamanism and/ore tantra.
It is importent to say something about this because the more people who write about the things nobody tells about in these cults, in fear of being labeled insane, the more it seems plausible, and we are not nuts.
I was actually put into involentary induced kundalini in a cult, and got even more involved with cults and more abused when I tried to fix what had been done to me in the first place. I sought help in Tibetan Buddhism, and I got the opposite of help, but I am “ still alive”.

Posts: 3 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 17 September 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear that, and I agree that these dangers should be publicized. I used to believe Tibetan Buddhism was quite harmless, until I read Exposing Deeds of Darkness by Donald and Cheryl Lynne Rubbo. There is also another one titled Enthralled: The Guru Cult of Tibetan Buddhism by Christine Chandler.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to the Rubbos couple. One of them also experienced something like being put into induced involentary kundalini. like me, but in a less severe version I pressume. Maybe in order to try and cope with it they have become ultra fanatic christian. I am also Christian in the the way that I believe in the message of Jesus and Christianity. (The message of love and compassion).I think that the ultra fanatic Christianity they have gone to after being involved with Tibetan Buddhism has watered down the message somwewhat. And thats unfortunate in that situation. Maybe I should not write that on a christian sight. I dont know how “christian”/ you are/ how litteral you are suppose to be.I heard of another Danish woman who was also put into involentary induced kundalini like state in Diamond way( upstruction of the energysystem). But I cant find her. Maybe she is dead. People who get abused the most in cults are often people who in some way are vulnarable, and despendable. And who is gonna believe this kind of abuse done to someone who came to find liberation in selfdevelopment from a background of other kinds of abuse. Someone who already had “problems”.
Thank you for your replying by he way. I am not sure if I should delete this last answer. I dont want to offend anybody.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, SMaria, and thank you for sharing your concerns and experiences. I think this whole discussion has helped to point out some of the risks associated with various New Age and even Eastern disciplines. Those, especially, that conflate psychic gifts with experiences of God are dangerous, as that's not necessarily the case. So, yes: buyer beware, as the old saying goes.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post