New
Find
Notify
Tools

For women only Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tate:

And the true blessings to all of this, is Mike is being brought to Christ.
[/QB]
Dear Tate,
I am so glad to hear this! It has been our deepest prayer for our son...that he not just return to "normal" but that he might be transformed by this crisis, and recognize his need of Christ. I guess all of us Christian parents have the same hope.
Revkah

Posts: 82 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{freebird}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{everyone}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Every once in awhile, my twelve step family has a
"group conscience" where everyone checks in on various housekeeping issues. Everyone gets a chance to voice concerns, decisions are weighed and voted on as a group, and everyone agrees to abide by the
"group conscience" for the time being, at least until the next time. Guess we are in harmony, unless wopik cares to chime in... Wink

I've been busy, and have some catching up to do around here. Am looking forwardTUIT. Smiler

caritas, mysticalmichelle <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi MM,

What a super bird formation. That's all of us spreading our wings and flying back to Heaven.

We all need more of your unique, enlightened words to inspire us, so hopefully you will post more once again.

Bless you. Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freebird,

Thank you for your kindness. I am relationally challenged in a deep and profound way. I met this gal and we went for a walk. I called her every day
for a couple of weeks and we we very intimate. We made plans to go and see V for Vendetta. After leaving four messages the other day and feeling a tad bit obsessed, I decided to leave her alone for a few days. Even mom suggested backing off for awhile.

I like intensity, but stalkers and clingers can be
rather unattractive. I've looked at threats of restraining orders from both sides now... Wink

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This poem describes well my own sense of feeling lost. If not for Shalom Place, I fear kundalini symptoms would have me locked away somewhere. Smiler

Grace and Mercy to us all,
Tate

Closing from Prayer of One Who Feels Lost

Dear God,
why do I keep fighting you off?
One part of me wants you desparately,
another part of me unknowingly
pushes you back and runs away.

What is there in me that
so contradicts my desire for you?
These transition days, these passage ways,
are calling me to let go of old securities,
to give myself over into your hands.

Like Jesus who struggled with the pain
I, too, fight the "let it all be done."
Loneliness, lostness, non-belonging,
all these hurts strike out at me,
leaving me pained with this present goodbye.

I want to be more but I fight the growing.
I want to be new but I hang unto the old.
I want to live but I won't face the dying.
I want to be whole but cannot bear
to gather up the pieces into one.

Is it that I refuse to be out of control,
to let the tears take their humbling journey,
to allow my spirit to feel its depression,
to stay with the insecurity of "no home"?

Now is the time. You call to me,
begging me to let you have my life,
inviting me to taste the darkness
so I can be filled with the light,
allowing me to lose my direction
so that I will find my way home to you.

---Joyce Rupp
Praying Our Goodbyes

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Tate,

Wonderful poem and what really stuck out for me is:

Now is the time. You call to me,
begging me to let you have my life,
inviting me to taste the darkness,
so I can be filled with the light,
allowing me to lose my direction
so that I will find my way home to you.

This is truly the answer for all of us. By dying to this life and by surrendering our lives to God, a miracle happens, and that miracle is the light of the new life that is given to us coming forth from the darkness of ourselves. The incorruptible seed of God's life in us awakens within our hearts to shine forth His light and to be witnessed.

The last couple of days I stayed away from Shalom Place, without any addictive need to post, and to totally give my all to God. He rewarded me with His graces and goodness as my heart radiated forth His love. I was aware that we are all the black Madonna birthing the light of God, and that in dying we are truly born again and at home with Him.

The Lord God is our greatest treasure, and all else that our eyes desire are mere dust of the earth.

We all must return to the days of innocence and be like little children in entrusting ourselves to Him, for it is truly the little children that will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. The hardest thing for us adults is to let go of having any control and power over our lives, loved ones and things. It is truly in humbleness and prayer when we say "Father, thy Will be done, and not mine, and it is in knowing that He will guide and lead us :

From the unreal, to the Real!
From darkness, lead me to light.
From death of this life lead me to Immortality.

Saturday seeing a client another counseler waited for me at the office to tell me about a friend of hers who was killed in an automobile accident the day before. It was a shock for everyone and made us all aware that death can come upon us at any instant with no clues. I hope and pray that this woman had died to this life before and been born anew,for the death by accident was just a crossing over into her Heavenly new home. How fleeting this life of ours and how we fuss and worry about things that are in the hands of God.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought for today:

All creation is a manifestation
of the delight of God----God
seeing Himself in form, experiencing Himself
in His own actions, and knowing
Himself in us as us.
-Ernest Holmes

Love one another as I have loved you. Smiler

posted Hide Post
Dear Freebird,

You have such a beautiful soul.
Thank you for dedicating this to Women.
I have just had the experience of being a Mum.
I had 9 beautiful months of pregnancy.
There were the occasional hiccups, literallySmiler
I really felt connected to Christ during those days. Just being a vessel and almost co-creator...
For those of you pregnant, have kids or even wanting to have kids, or just even knowing children, it is an absolutely spiritual experience.
Dance in your Womanhood.

Posts: 17 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post