Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yearning for the Holy Spirit Login/Join 
posted
Hello - I am new here -

I am writing because I am wondering if anyone here has experienced an intensely strong, overwhelming desire for more of the Holy Spirit - and as I write this, knowing the nature of this forum, I feel silly, as I am sure a lot of you have -

I have followed a spiritual path of contemplative prayer for many years now, and have had what I call "glimpses" of the Spirit, which I can only describe as "exquisite"...these glimpses often come to me while I am praying, but I also tend to experience them through music and singing...

Lately, this desire for more of the Spirit, more experience of the Spirit, has been very intense, and as I wrote above, almost overwhelming. I feel a deep desire to be around others who want to be close to Him, but I have always had a very difficult time finding a church or group where I can be nurtured in this growth in the Spirit - I have gone to Catholic Charismatic groups, but I tend to hear the Spirit more in silence or certain types of music, rather than the sometimes boisterous atmosphere of these charismatic groups.

I am a Catholic and attend Mass, but the strict format of the Mass sometimes makes me feel as if there is no room for the Spirit. I do feel His Presence during the Eucharist, however, which is why I still attend.

I really am deeply interested in those of you who have experienced this longing for more of the Spirit, and how you were able to encounter Him and encourage His growth in your lives. I know your path may not be my path, and vice-versa, but I still would like to hear from anyone who wants to post about this.

I used to be very involved in what were called "house churches" in the '70s, when these informal, non-denominational churches were very prevalent. I think I came the closest to finding my ideal church within this kind of format. Have any of you formed small groups that meet and encourage each other in regards to growth in the Spirit? I live in the NYC area, and we tend to have huge mega-churches, rather than the small-group, more intimate experience. Has anyone here started a small group for the purpose of worship and/or sharing, and how has it worked out?

Thank you for any suggestions or posts.

Blessings, Janet

Posts: 4 | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there Janet,

I'm from a Protestant background but have really come to love many things Catholic. I have never been to a Catholic church though and so I cannot comment on what it is like.

I too feel drawn to a contemplative spirituality (which is not really allowed amongst many Protestants, though things are starting to change now - or maybe I'm just changing haha!).

I'm wondering whether the house church movement can really be fully expressed in a Roman Catholic setting with so much emphasis on the hierarchy and clergy. I think it is one of the obstacles that keep me Protestant rather than Catholic. For example, would you be allowed to take communion together if no Priest was present. And are the other gifts of the spirit allowed to function or are there rules on what gifts are okay for everyone and what gifts are only for ordained priests?

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear W.C. and Jacques:

Thank you for responding to my post.

W.C., I agree with you that the yearning I have for the Spirit is a gift from the Spirit - I have had this yearning before, but never this intensely...so I feel that the Spirit is inviting me to more intimacy with Him - but I don't know exactly how to nurture and encourage this, and so can only depend on the Spirit to direct me - "The Spirit blows where It wills", as it says in Scripture, and so I feel the important thing is to stay open to Him at all times...as there is no one environment or situation where there is a "guarantee" that He can be experienced...(I am using the words "He and "Him" for lack of a word that can be used to describe the Spirit...)

Yes, I know what you mean about the Mass being the focus in the Catholic Church, with no (for the most part) opportunity for community or fellowship, which would perhaps give the Spirit more of an opportunity to manifest among His people...

Jacques, the house churches I belonged to were not Catholic - I was attending them during a time when I was disillusioned and sad about the Catholic Church - the house churches were non-denominational - there was a minister, but he did not think of himself as the "leader"...and he did not associate himself with a denomination - we had Communion, and during these times (of taking Communion with the others in the community) - I felt the presence of Christ very strongly -

I consider myself to be a Catholic who has received many gifts from Protestantism! (As you feel you have received from Catholicism...)

I know that there used to be an entire area in Michigan, Ann Arbor, where there were many small communities that were Catholic and charismatic. I think to this day, these communities are still strong. But I have not heard of any other Catholic communities or house churches. I just attended a Charismatic Catholic prayer group, one of the few remaining ones left in NYC, but there was no real opportunity for fellowship, so it was disappointing.

Blessings, Janet

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Janet. It seems the Spirit is calling you to a deeper intimacy with God, and that you have discovered how difficult it is to find a community that is completely congruent with your desires and theology. I suspect a centering prayer group or some kind of contemplative group might be more satisfying. If not, then why not start a group that does what you'd find helpful -- e.g., read scripture, sharing time, quiet sitting, etc.? There's certainly no restriction against Catholics doing so, and many parishes would welcome such a group.

Re. Catholicism and house churches . . . I'm not sure what the disparity would be. I guess it depends on what one means by "house church." The emergent church model is usually postmodern in its theology, but that need not be unorthodox if undertaken properly. It would seem that Catholics ought to be able to meet together in a home for prayer, study and sharing just as Protestants do.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Janet, for your story.
I think I know what you mean, about this hunger for more intimacy. I experience it as ever deepening. Funny thing - the deeper the intimacy is, the less I feel satisfied - so perhaps I felt more satisfied at the beginning of my journey Big Grin .

What is a "problem" for me is that when I ask for more, and I receive more - it becomes unbearable. The effects of the original sin are such that we're not able to receive fully the Holy Spirit. It's fire is unbearable, causes pain, because I'm sinful. So I ask for more and at the same time I ask Him to go away. Very paradoxical, tension, but it's an experience of many people on the path, I believe, until the transforming union that makes the Flame burn without pain, as JOC writes in his poem "Living Flame of Love". But it's a long way until that moment - if, as W.C. points out, we ever reach that point in this body of death.
I think there's no way to endure the living fire of God, but what has been a help is for me a prayer to Holy Virgin - she was the only one free from original sin, and she received the Spirit fully without pain and agony, because she was entirely pure. So her presence is soothing. Is Mary part of your devotion?

I also understand very well your feelings about Catholic mass. I had a problem with that for several years - I felt more close to God in my silent meditation, in Nature, listening to music, singing etc. But I'm deeply grateful that Jesus let me also experience His presence in sacraments. Nowadays, it's so powerful for me, that I rarely experience contemplative Fire outside the context of sacraments or church. It's funny, since I've spent 7 years looking for God in my heart, doing Zen etc., while now the most powerful energies overcome me when I enter a church or during eucharist.
Phil wrote somewhere about different modes of Christ's (and the Holy Spirit's) presence - metaphysical/cosmic, historical, sacramental, community - four, I guess. It sounds like you are now looking for Him in community and you find it a bit difficult to find Him in sacramental context.
I wonder what about metaphysical/cosmic energy or historical, personal relationship? Could share more about this aspect of your spirituality?

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Janet,

Welcome! It's good to have you join us. You're certainly amongst friends here who've shared your yearning for more of God--His ways, His whereabouts, His heart.

I'm a hybrid of sorts too in that I've been attending a charismatic Catholic Church as well as a Vineyard for several years (with my priest's permission, I'm a lay prayer minister at Vineyard). Every once in a while, I pause and seek the Lord if He wants me to quit one, but the answer feels like 'no, not yet,' though my spiritual director, a nun-like Catholic, has subtley pressured me to reconsider my Vineyard connection. Each church seems to meet / feed different parts of my soul in different ways. I'd never give up the Eucharist--that feels like the main dish. In fact, my journey back to Christ (following Eastern self-absorption), came one "born-again" day when I was at my Catholic Church. I'll never forget crumbling uncontrollably with the intensity of God's Love before the Eucharist. Each step approaching the alter was an agonizing, impossible to bear, Love of the Father. At Vineyard, I've learned so much about the Bible, how to love people, and how this translates to praying for the hurting/sick.

The need to be in community is a fairly new development for me as I was much more into silent retreats, solitude, meditation. These things have their seasons, and depending on your gifts and personality, these seasons may never return, persist in more integrated ways, or cycle back again and again.

I'm no spiritual director, but I suspect intimacy with God tends to move in the direction of feeding His sheep while bearing His presence. I was a bit surpirsed to discover that my yearning for God translated into a deep call to minister to others. He rewards me beyond words when I pray, and since I'm a basic stimulus-response creature, I go where the rewards are. Smiler

I really appreciate what the others here have shared with you in terms of advise, reflections, feedback. Shalom Place is itself an answer to prayer, yes?

We all seem to agree that the Father places this yearning in our hearts for more of Him, and so you can trust that He will also provide the path and then light the way for you to receive more.

peace,

Shasha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shasha,

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Probably a sidebar to this topic, but . . . give a listen sometime to "Borderline" by Madonna, which is one of my all-time favorites (best quality from iTunes music store or view on youtube). Listen to the words, and consider how very well about 90% of it applies to one's relationship with God, especially in the love mysticism of the Song of Songs.
quote:
Just try to understand, Ive given all I can,
cause you got the best of me

Chorus:

Borderline feels like Im going to lose my mind
You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline.

I've often thought that the passionate eros in Madonna's music is really meant for God, and it seems to be the story of her life that she just can't find any lasting peace or happiness. In that sense, she's different from those who have been awakened in God's love and seek a deeper surrender. Still, it sometimes does feel like "I'm going to lose my mind," but in a good way. I needed to lose the "old mind," and need to have my life and love pushed over the borderline.

Now go listen to the song (best with headphones, volume up). Big Grin

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello -

Forgive me for not responding sooner to these wonderful responses. I am somewhat used to there being a "lag" or no response at all after I post on a forum, so I did not check back for a few days, and was pleasantly surprised to see so many thoughtful and heartfelt responses!

Phil, what you wrote about possibly starting a small group within my Catholic parish is a possibility which I have discussed with another member of my church, who is a new convert to Catholicism (from the Lutheran church.) She is an extremely busy person, however, and it has been difficult to get together with her to sort out starting such a group. I hope to get this going with her help, however...

We do have small groups in our church for Bible study and also a book and film club, but they tend to be somewhat "cerebral" and do people seem to be reticent about sharing their feelings.

I wanted to say that, although I did not focus on the sacraments in my posts as an "avenue" to closeness with God, I have felt that closeness absolutely tied-in with the Eucharist - and still do - both in the time directly before and after the reception of the sacrament (starting at the Elevation) and as I actually receive the Eucharist. So I did not mean to omit this very important way to closeness with God as I described what I am going through.

It is very interesting what you posted, Mt, about not being able to fully receive the Holy Spirit in His entirety. I know what you are speaking about when you write this, but I feel that it is not just because we are sinful that we cannot fully contain the Spirit, but because we are in earthly "containers" of flesh and blood, which were not meant to contain the fullness of the Spirit - although I may be wrong about that, certainly. I just know that even when listening to exquisite music which transports me, I feel like I want to slip out of my body, because my body is holding me back from completely entering into the music. I have never spoken in tongues, but I can imagine that there is a tremendous relief as the Spirit expresses Himself through a person in this manner, through this gift of His, because it is like the Spirit overflowing through the person, so that one's body can contain Him and express Him to the fullest. Perhaps there are some here who can relate to this...

Shasha, like you, I have always been a person who leaned more towards solitude rather than community - but lately, I feel that God is calling me to become closer to the Spirit through community, specifically, and I feel that He is leading me towards more growth in the Spirit through others, who can share Him with me. But my life for the past four years (I have been unemployed the past four years) has been almost hermit-like, as those whom I am close to are working outside the home all day, and I live in a somewhat isolated area - so my natural tendency towards contemplative prayer has been able to emerge full-force during these past years - but now I feel I am ready to venture out into some form of community life -

One possibility is a Christ-centered Quaker group (my husband of 32 years is a Quaker) which a friend of our is trying to start - although I am not a Quaker, I am seriously considering joining them when it gets off the ground - my husband tried to start a Quaker group with Christ as the focus several years ago, but in NYC, where we live, Quakerism is not Christ-centered in the traditional sense, and so he had a difficult time forming the group, in that people were just not interested -
(sadly, because the founder of Quakerism, George Fox, was very Christian....)

Phil, what you wrote about Madonna and "Borderline" made me think of the only Madonna song I love, which has in its refrain, "Just like a prayer, I'll take you there"...I don't have the lyrics in front of me now, but that song has always inspired me, and I have heard God in it (especially with the gospel-like choir singing as backup!)

Thank you ALL for your very warm welcome, and for this wonderful group - and yes, Shasha, I agree completely that this group is an answer to prayer, and that God will direct me as I remain open to Him...

Blessings,

Janet

posted Hide Post
I'd like to refer to what you said about "containing" the Spirit.

Theologically, as far as I know, we were designed and created perfectly able to receive the HS fully, even though God is infinite and His essence unfathomable. In the initial/potential state of innocence there was no obstacle to the Trinity's activity within humanity. But the original sin changed this situation - we're not sure in what ways - and it led us to a place where we cannot receive God's light due to the weakness of our intellect (our "inner eye" as Augustine likes to call it) and we cannot receive God's burning love due to the impurity of our will.
Christ died, rose from the dead and entered heaven to enable us anew to receive God's light and love. Even though Christ in us, Christ-life in our being is perfectly able to receive God in the HS, this is a reality that isn't perfect in this life. St. Paul says that we still wait with longing for the redemption of our body.

I think that's why mystics suffer when God reveals to them, the light being blinding, the love being painfully burning. After purification is done in this life (which is rare) we are restored to the state of innocence and there's no obstacle to divine knowledge and love, but even this is not the full vision of God - JOC says it's like seeing the sun rising on the horizon, but it's not the sun at noon, because it'd kill us immediately with it's shine.

I think my own experience of suffering in contemplation, when God's love is painful, when I ask Him to leave and not to leave at the same time, is caused by the impurity and sinfulness of my soul. I don't know if I'll be able to receive this degree of God's fire without pain in this life - maybe I'll have to wait until Purgatory and then resurrection of the body.

There are also "ligher" modes of His presence, that don't hurt - gentle breezes and touches, which give strength. But when you get those, you want more and more, which brings the paradox I described - I can have at the moment either too little, or too much. Funny thing, from a certain point of view.

I have rare experience with glossalalia, but I experience it as gentle energy, rather harmonizing and quieting down, then burning. So sometimes I pray like, when I moved to do this, and this quiets down the crazy energies.

I know what you mean when you speak about leaving the body. Sometimes I feel that. This is also described by STA and JOC. When the soul actually loses contact with the body, we experience ecstatic union.

I noticed that often when this movement to leave the body and sink in God arises, my face is spontaneously lifted up, along with the front of the body by k energy. Have anyone here experienced such movements? Jaws are relaxed, mouth slightly opened, eyes looking into the sky, and the body gently pulled upwards. I guess, maybe the same movement of k, intensified to the extreme, brings about mystical levitation. Which symbolizes the movement towards God.

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Mt -

I am sorry to be responding to what you wrote so late - I did read it and appreciated it very much, and meant to respond to it earlier.

I feel very strongly that any discomfort or yearning we feel when we cannot completely "contain" (for lack of a better word) the Holy Spirit is not due to any sinfulness in our nature. I believe that Christ, in His discourse to His disciples in the upper room, made it clear that the Holy Spirit would come to them (and to His followers after them) in His fullness, and I do not think that our general state of vulnerability to sin has anything to do with our ability to experience or contain the Holy Spirit, EXCEPT if we reject God, and turn from Him.

Christ said (in John 17:9-10): "I pray for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom Thou hast given me, because they belong to Thee. All that is mine is Thine, and what is Thine is mine; and through them has my glory shone".

He also said, (John 17:22-23): "The glory which Thou gavest me I have given to them, that they may be one, as we are one; I in them and Thou in me, may they be perfectly one."

This fullness of glory, is, I believe, the fullness of the Holy Spirit within us, as believers in Christ - and this fullness is only limited by our putting up barriers to the Spirit - not through our sinfulness, which is part of our nature (and Christ would not have promised this oneness and fullness of the Spirit if He believed that we could not fully contain It) - but because of our wariness, perhaps, in taking in so much Love and Glory. It can be threatening and frightening to be the "vessel" for such Love! I believe that we can grow in our capacity to take in more and more of the Spirit, without any discomfort. Maybe it is simply a matter of becoming more "acclimated" to the Spirit by meditating more in His Presence, or by relaxing more into the Spirit when we experience His Presence through music or nature, as we have been writing about - because I think sometimes I unconsciously resist the bursting-forth of the Spirit within me and almost, God forgive me, brace myself against this mighty force of Love, because it feels so very intense. And I also feel that our sense of ourselves as "unworthy" may, ironically, keep us from experiencing the Presence of the Spirit, or from remaining in His Presence.

I can relate to what you wrote about the position of one's body leaning upwards as the Spirit's Presence is experienced. I know exactly what you mean here...

Blessings, Janet A.

posted Hide Post
I have posted this repeatedly in other forums since i took my time in writing it. But it is important to distinguish correctly between the different religions or philosophies even though they might seem very similar at times.
what I'm about to say might come as a nuisance to Kundalini enthusiasts out there who are intrigued by the power, health, truth, wisdom and emergence of "the self" that Kundalini might offers. Kundalini is not the work of the Holy Spirit. The two could even be seen as opposite forces, although both seem to share psychic, love, and wisdom elements (maybe more). In fact the approach to each is strikingly different. The Holy Spirit is or at least symbolizes the spirit of god and is received by constant prayer and the surrender to God. In other words it implies receiving from above with humility. Kundalini does not involve God. It requires a lot of curiosity and a burning desire to be special, stronger, free of lies, false images, to be a god. (I don't doubt that most of us have the same desire). In my opinion Kundalini feeds on these insecurities. It feeds on our greed and on our self rejection and hate. Not surprisingly, once Kundalini is awakened it can have devastating and lasting effects on our psyches and bodies unleashing tremendous fear and hate in the process. It has no regard to our values, identity, and our right to not be perfect. Some might argue that this is actually good and that this is what spirituality is for. It rids us from our ego based identities, the source of all our suffering. Sure seems great! On paper at least! No one is denying the shortcomings of our conditioned reality. But it is important to make peace with ourselves, and have courage to live this life with our imperfections or conditioned reality. Only true love gives us the patience and wisdom to change the things we can and embrace the rest, slowly building positive momentum that carries us confidently forward. Think of this relationship with yourselves as the relationship great parents have with their child. They love him and let him be a child for a very long time. This is also how God supposedly treats us.

Now imagine parents who think their child is dumb, nonsensical, and funny looking. They constantly ridicule him, prove him wrong, and demonstrate to him how physically and sexually dominant they are. (Funny eh?) This is how kundalini treats its fans (the more insecure ones of course). It is actually how you treat yourselves.
You forget who you are and instead you get absorbed by the evolved bug free final version of yourselves, giving way to anyone or anything that promises you a nice little shortcut.
For readers with Christian backgrounds, this is confirmed in the bible. The wise serpent promises man to become as wise and powerful as god, and gets its way by feeding on man’s greed and insecurities. In the new testament Christ himself is tested by Satan where he is promised the entire material world…of course Jesus has authority over all earthly powers. There are also other references on the devil being cast dawn to the earth by God. (very similar to kundalini serpent that lies dormant in the lowest chakra and once awakened starts making its way up with all its knowledge, wisdom and power)
Now back to reality! Similar to the child in the first example, we all realize how we ought to be but we let go and allow ourselves to slowly gravitate to that image or ideal. This is due to the accepting love present in our lives. We also (maybe more realistically since love kinda lacks in this world) owe that to our busy and hectic lives which leave us lacking insight and away from this entire mind boggling spiritual realm. For those of us who are closer to our dark side, more aware of our fears and conditioning, or criticizing ourselves negatively into insecurity... I have a song for you: ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE (The Beatles) LOL no seriously that all you need folks!
Now some of you more eager fans who find it very hard to let go might coincidentally have a light bulb go off in your heads.

It is clear to you now that the bible writers and the church maliciously kept this secret away from us for ages! Well, once you get a glimpse of the kundalini energy movement you might realize a little too late what fuels it: fear and hate (I think these two emotions underlie all other negative ones), in other words the opposites of love. You can also call them the evil in us. The price you end up paying is you freedom, ironically. You become a slave of the serpent, who again has no regard for you.
Its not the force that is to blame, "just the hunger and greed supplying the ugly drive"... another great song for you guys: "Londinium by Archive

Whatever you decide is right for your development and advancement in life, be patient and slowly research your way into. It’s all about building momentum. And remember to always look for ways to bring more love (some people call it Christ or the holy spirit, I'm one of them) into your lives by surrounding yourselves with the right people, understanding the "wrong people", and most importantly by loving yourselves, the basic version offered for free.

To clarify, by "kundalini energy movement" I am not referring to an organization or sect (although there are ones, some of which genuinely believe this to be the path to liberation, unaware or in denial of their unending enslavement to earth, becoming like a tree, sort of). I am instead referring to the awakening process and the literal movement of energy... All the best

Posts: 4 | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drivesupply: I'm fairly new here, but I've read quite a bit of what has been posted over the years, and I continue to read for the insightful discussions, common sense, and theology I find here.

"Fear and hate"?--from your third-from-last paragraph...I'm not seeing that in the people here. To be honest, I don't quite "get" kundalini myself, and that's 100% fine with me. But I do see the fruit of the Spirit here in people-- people with greater maturity than my own; and those people are discussing theology wisely. So if those same people experience k, and are fine with it, I fail to see a problem.

I don't doubt that you mean well, but reading here first, learning, and observing would either calm your well-meant concerns or would increase your credibility in the event you still felt a need to warn people about kundalini.

Posts: 578 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I apologize to you and others if my message was not well received.
I did not mean that the people who experience it are hateful and afraid. All i'm saying is that in my opinion (I had some diluted kundalini experiences, read so much about other's experiences...) fear and hate serve as the fuel for kundalini. I do think it gives wisdom and knowledge in the process and people do change. But again it's a very invasive and often a damaging force. Love on the other hand drives a more slower, more sustainable, and gentle change.. good luck to all

Posts: 4 | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
drivesupply, I mentioned in another post that you should take some time to read the kundalini forum on this board to see what our approach is. I don't think anyone would disagree that love ought to be the primary focus of one's life. For many of us, the k process was activated precisely because of a deepening love relationship with God in contemplative prayer.

If by "hate and fear serve as the fuel for kundalini," you mean to be saying that this is what makes it such a rocky road for so many, I'd agree. Hate, fear, resentment, etc. present obstacle to the transformative power of the Spirit, and so these must be burned away somehow. But the essence of the K process is much more about a deep integration of body and psyche -- an integral kind of enlightenment. That's my sense of it having lived with this process for 23 years and interacted with hundreds of people on this board and via email exchanges, workshops, retreats, etc.

posted Hide Post
Hi drivesupply,

I see that you've had some very powerful experiences that have led you to conclude how easy it may be to be deceived by kundalini energy.

Can I add to Phil's suggestion for how you might approach our forum? I'd invite you to share a bit of your personal story on the kundalini thread. I'm curious to know how you came to your conclusions about k.? What actually happened that has caused you to conclude that "fear and hate serve as a fuel for kundalini," for instance. Did you have a guru? How did you come into k. energy?

So many of us here have had very challenging, painful experiences, and I think you'll find your story would be met with compassion.

God's peace be with you,
Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Janet 7
I recently read some of the yearning for the Spirit posts and without any self presumptions offer these words whose purpose is to help you get in touch and or understand what many Christians call the gift of the Spirit.I read that you encounter this rarified feeling via Music and various activities.If we're speaking about the same spirit that was originated after Christ resurrected and was sent for the Apostles work then consider my intended descriptive definitions.This rare tool of the inspired could only have Christian witness definition if the individual was actively perpetuating exactly that and that is witnessing Christ and Creator and the Spirit.I think any vagueness that one feels is a measure of their evolved Christian concentrated self.The more aware and attuned to Christian witness the more the sense of the Spirit.My way of defining the Spirit is suggesting the obvious that everyone has some type of agenda.And if that agenda is unequivocably involved with inspired acts and that agenda's asked for sponsor is the Trinity then the potential of perceiving the Spirit and the realization that it has been availed to you is some measure of awareness and witness to it.There seems to suggest two types of encounter and one is the Spirit availed for the purpose of overcoming any challenge your agenda could encounter and the other type of Spirit encounter and that is specifically involved with revelation and its incredulous inspired feeling.I have realized after some agendized work that I was seemingly helped and it would suggest it was the work of the spirit and seemed only availed because it was exactly what was required to complete the task.As far as revelation self investiture is the key yet I have many occasions that I feel an instinctive feeling and invariably encounter rare Biblical revelation.I'll conclude with a couple of perceptions.Everyone has some type of spiritual mechanism whose purpose is asking for the spirit.For me its simply making the sign of the cross and there are occasions I'm seemingly granted the inspired way and it is no doubt because of making that signed gesture.It's beyond physical gesticulation for the sake of itself of course yet after my being got to the point that it was a conversive gesture it no doubt occured and occurs.The final thing I suggest is there are some rare days that my agenda is blessed with the knowledge of the rarified spirit from the beginning of the day and its simply up to me to appreciate it before it dissipates.That seems the appreciation litmus.I didn't necessarily plan a task that given day that seemed requiring the spirit yet an unmistaken feeling from just after dawn beyond suggests the rare inspired state.God doesn't ever seem to waste it being that telapathically the entirety of existence has a chance to witness co perceptually the certain occurances of inspired revelation.That's granted that there is some measure of humanity connected and I don't require overstating that.It simply is.Telepathy itself has gone through a lot since I began researching it during 1990.Remember Janet if you ever feel challenged while connected with that spiritual feeling there is the potential that invariably there exists for every spiritual blessing those who would occasionally be somewhat antithetic.Not to worry God obviously having if He deems it complete resolve of that domain yet there are those who report varying degrees of feeling.I'm simply saying it helps if your encountering potentially ever any antithesis that you've identified without equivocation that your telepathic and succinctly what your domensions are.If its utilized for an asked for God sponsored agenda you can maximize the realm And I utter the word maximize knowing that the inspired don't do telepathically what the uninspired do via telepathy and that's various types of advanced trickery whose nucleus is attemptive imposition.That's not pessimism rather accurately attemptive identifying of anything considered antithesis to anyone's inspired resolve.I've spoken enough and after reading it there's enough continuity and resolve that it could help you withv your path.There's no need to consider any type of self descript such as expertise since God clearly defines what an individual encounter it is and everyone has their own way of getting in touch yet the key seems absolute continuity and if revelation at least occasionally finding a way to make certain it's communicated.Some of my work involves New Testament Biblical research and between telepathy and ostensible printed word much gets communicated.We have the opportunity to expand our knowledge via the Bible.It's there and its merely a matter of perceiving what God inspired and I emphasize to everyone that John's final scribings "Revelations" suggest what Christ his guide said and that was the ultimite tool is "shrewdness".Don't forget!It's amazing!Great wishes with any manifestations of the"sprit" Janet.Obviously the earth's humanity requires it.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 1:51 A.M November 14th. 2009.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Janet, Oh yes. It can get intense almost feels like spiritual love sick. I was bent over a time or two with yearning. I didn't know this type of thing happened. It's like the soul is longing for it's perfect lover to be complete - wholeness. One time, I felt like a golden living energy just stroked it's finger on my soul and that was it. It was overwhelming. Then, there was purple mist that came and went through the body. Words came out of my being. It was so divine it was actually painful for yearning. I would go into tears begging.

Posts: 31 | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post