Find
Notify
Tools

one wild & crazy question re: vigils Login/Join 
Picture of philokalia933
posted
Hello, list:

I have a sincere question.

first.....remember I am a convert of soon to be 5 years and am still having to learn, learn, learn the Catholic faith mostly via the internet and reading, so if my question sounds bizarre, well.....????????? Smiler

the question: If one wanted to hold a vigil exactly what does one do? I am most concerned about holding a vigil for a specific request that I have......guess I want to bombard heaven's doors.

so, IF one wanted to have a quiet vigil at home for certain intentions, what would one do? read? ?????????????

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 26 | Location: GA | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good question, and I hope others share input.

I haven't done this very often, but when I have, it's been part of a group's vigil. I was assigned a time slot for prayer and intercession, so I took along a bible and did some reading, reflecting, and praying for the intention.

If the purpose is to "storm heaven," then you might also consider fasting, and/or praying for the intention throughout the day.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post