New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yearning for God Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HeartPrayer:
[qb] The girl has a name for the emptiness inside her, and it is: Father.

Perhaps in time she and you will agree on two different names to distinguish the two roles � creating less potential havoc for both, [/qb]
Thanks so much for your response, HeartPrayer,

We're good a coming up with new words. In one sentence, I used the word "cold" in two different senses: the temperature outside, and her virus that made her nose run. She got confused, so I suggested we come up with a different word for one of the two colds. She suggested "coldie" for the temp outside and that made all the difference. Wink

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
perhaps that yearning will never go away. For me I find there are times that I feel Gods love through my relationships with people but this can also feel invasive as it requires total honesty, patience and compassion and a stripping away of the false self. At other times I need to be quiet and still in order to recharge, I guess I`ve been thinking a lot about the balance between the phrase love our neighbour as you love yourself. You need to love yourself before you can love your neighbour, but in loving your neighbour you also love yourself.
Jesus had times where he went to the top of the mountain alone, but he always went and returned with the purpose of relationship with others.
blessing and prayers to you all

Ryan I think children really need people in their life who can listen to them and through gently creating a safe space for them to explore the world themselves can be invaluable. this is a very interesting read about a home for `disturbed children where the founder just gave them lots of space and time ...http://www.finchden.com/mrlyward/newera/prickett.htm

Posts: 22 | Location: japan | Registered: 11 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rachel:
[qb] Ryan I think children really need people in their life who can listen to them and through gently creating a safe space for them to explore the world themselves can be invaluable. [/qb]
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your those encouraging words. It helped me this week when I was creating such a space. Thanks also for the link.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post