Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Revelation and the Mass Login/Join 
<w.c.>
posted
Anybody read the book "The Lamb's Supper," by Scott Hahn? I actually listened to the book on tape, which was not an easy thing to do . . .

What happens when you cross a Calvinist with a Roman Catholic? You'll have to listen to find out, cause I can't describe the sound of finger nails on a chalk board very well . . .

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Phil>
posted
- originally posted 5/29/03 -

It's been awhile, but I heard Scott Hahn's views on this presented in a series he did on EWTN. Very interesting! It seemed to make a great impression on him, but I was not sure why as I already very much believed in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and in the ancient roots of the Mass.

Picture of jk1962
posted Hide Post
- originally posted 5/29/03 -

Hi w.c.,

I was wondering if you could toss out some of the things he said. I have to admit, I've never thought about the Revelation in relation to the Eucharist. Is that a common Catholic thought? I'm not Catholic, so ya gotta bear with me here in my lack of complete understanding. My Catholic friends and I talk about the Eucharist often, but the Revelation has never come into it....so I'm curious.

Oh..and that wasn't fingernails on the blackboard...that was Calvin trying to roll over in his grave ....muuuuwaaahahaha. Eeker Big Grin

**waves to Phil...hiya!**

Blessings,
Terri

Posts: 609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<johnboy>
posted
- originally posted 5/31/03 -

I was wondering if you could toss out some of the things he said. I have to admit, I've never thought about the Revelation in relation to the Eucharist. Is that a common Catholic thought?
+++ +++ +++

Terri and w.c. , I'd like to hear more, too, when you get a chance.

Thanks.
pax, amor et bonum,
jb

<Phil>
posted
- originally posted 6/1/03 -

You all check out this link. (and be thankful you didn't have to type it in.

You might also try Google-ing "Scatt Hahn, The Lamb's Supper" and see what you get. I found a bunch of interviews and even Real Audio clips.

<johnboy>
posted
- originally posted 6/2/03 -

The excerpts available at Amazon per Phil's link were generous and Scott Hahn's treatment was a heavenly delight. It brought back vivid memories of my childhood wonder at the Mass, its sacredness and holiness and mystical touches --- altogether a very nice wonder to reinvigorate via the liturgical language in the Book of Revelation.

Picture of brjaan
posted Hide Post
Hi

I am a big Scott Hahn fan and just purchased the ebook version of the book from bookwise.com. I have listened to the teaching tapes based off the book and am looking forward to reading it.

Posts: 205 | Location: McHenry Illinois | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know your thoughts on it, brjaan. This seems to be an area where Dr. Hahn has some really perceptive insights.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post