New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Miracle a Day Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 2881 | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE ORIGIN OF THE SHROUD OF TURIN FROM THE NEAR EAST AS EVIDENCED BY PLANT IMAGES AND BY POLLEN GRAINS

Flora of the Shroud of Turin
by Avinoam Danin, Alan D. Whanger, Uri Baruch, Mary Whanger
To order please contact:
Missouri Botanical Garden Press Orders
Attn: Brian Gardner
4344 Shaw Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Tel: 314-577-9534
Fax: 314-577-9534
E-mail: mbgpress@mobot.org

posted Hide Post
Medjugorje Apparitions a Scientific Reality?

JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC EXPLORATION ,VOL15, NO2,ARTICLE.7,P.229-239,SUMMER,2001
by Dr James Paul Pandarakalam

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Keep going! Smiler I'm waiting for a link on the fact of existence to show up sometime. Cool Then, maybe, the LSU men's basketball team beating Arizona earlier this season. Big Grin

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
re: I'm waiting for a link on the fact of existence to show up sometime

Smiler

posted Hide Post
Zoom into Dumbbell Nebula with Hubble

Here's another miracle. I believe it's the remants of a supernova but to me it looks like two galaxies duking it out. Any other captions come to mind?

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's all really very fine stuff, JB! Smiler

For those of you who haven't looked at the Star of Bethlehem presentation, please take the time to do so. I had read all that before, but it's so well done in that Flash presentation as to pretty well establish some credibility to what many had come to regard as only a legend.

(Oh, hi Brad! It seems our posts crossed.)

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeepers, Brad - what a spectacle! Howzabout the title Star Wars !

posted Hide Post
For those of you who haven't looked at the Star of Bethlehem presentation, please take the time to do so.

Agreed. I saw a rather in-depth Nova(?) show on that once. They came to the same conclusion basically.

This one fills me with awe - and pride.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howzabout the title Star Wars !

The galaxy strikes back! And sometimes it helps to remind one's self that if God made man then man can surely make some wondrous things.

posted Hide Post
I believe I have seen a photo of two galaxies passing through one another! Just think what incredible things there must be to see and learn in the universe!

And yes, the iMac is a wonder of the world! Smiler Amazing what you can make from stardust! Cool

posted Hide Post
Okay, dear friends -- as promised, continuing where I left off ---

I submit to you: 'Miracles happen every day'

A Teaser --- click on the above link to read the story

quote:
Gutherman is one of 11 children born to George and Beatrice Gutherman, both deceased. Every night after dinner, he said, the family remained at the table to pray the rosary. Beatrice Gutherman had a deep devotion to Drexel, whose headquarters, St. Elizabeth Convent, were located close to the family's Bensalem home.

The year 1974 would test that devotion and change many lives. Gutherman was diagnosed with a severe infection that destroyed the bones in his ear and his hearing. The danger was that the infection would spread to his skull and his brain.

The pain was so intense that Gutherman missed many school days and was often laid up with fever.

"We didn't pray to Mother Katharine for a miracle. We weren't thinking that," Gutherman said. "We just prayed that the pain would go away or that I would be able to bear it."

In March of that year, he was admitted to St. Christopher Hospital for Children in Philadelphia for ear surgery to remove the diseased tissue. His mother was told that Gutherman never would hear out of that ear again.

pax,
jb

posted Hide Post
Miracles: Eucharistic, Healing, Conversion, etc from Catholic Focus in Real Audio --- very inspirational

I recommend you follow the links at Catholic Focus to Father Benedict Groeschel under Priests Serving You .

pax,
jb