Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St.Teresa, prayer of union, kundalini Login/Join 
posted
I came accross this passage from STA's Life (XVIII, 4):

"How this, which we call union, is effected, and what it is, I cannot tell. Mystical theology explains it, and I do not know the terms of that science; nor can I understand what the mind is, nor how it differs from the soul or the spirit either: all three seem to me but one; though I do know that the soul sometimes leaps forth out of itself, like a fire that is burning and is become a flame; and occasionally this fire increases violently—the flame ascends high above the fire; but it is not therefore a different thing: it is still the same flame of the same fire. Your learning, my fathers, will enable you to understand the matter; I can go no further."

Do you think that what she describes as the flame ascending high above the fire, but being still the same fire, might be related to kundalini experience, rising, perhaps opening of the crown in ecstasy?
Or is it pure theological metaphor to describe the unity and distinction between spiritual part of the soul and its lower parts? (STA doesn't seem to be very theological - rather highly experiential, as we know...)

So...? Smiler

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Mt, it could be K-related. Years ago I attended a workshop where the presenter correlated some of STA's stages to chakras and K activity. I think somewhere in her writings (6th mansion, I believe) she also describes a lot of commotion in her head -- buzzing sounds and what not. It's been awhile since I've read her so I'll check it out sometime.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post