Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matthew 5:9 Login/Join 
posted
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons (children) of God."

Matthew 5:8 also mentions that, "Blessed are the pure of heart, for they will see God."

How do we as Christians sort these two scriptures out? Our Lord and Savior Jesus, our Christ, is quoted to have said these two things in what we consider the Word of God.

love,

tuck

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This question comes to mind: "How can one be a peacemaker and be a Christian at the same time?"

Anybody?

love,

tuck

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tuck,

Looks like nobody is biting.

Why don't you provide all the background thought (and answers, I presume) you have around these questions. It might stir more discussion, if that is what you're looking for.

I checked you out on that forum you posted and saw where you wrote that you'd be "way out there" if you didn't hang out on that forum to keep yourself grounded in the reality "of this world" (seems like a good place to assist that). --- "My" paraphrasing (and understanding) here, not your exact words.

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matthew 5:8 also mentions that, "Blessed are the pure of heart, for they will see God."

ya know i have for years pondered this question.. as i have seen God.. ( Jesus of the Divine Mercy) and i have never considered myself 'pure in heart'.. but then, i did see " Jesus of the ****Divine mercy****.. so maybe i needed mercy so badly, i got to see Him! LOL!

But then........ Paul saw Him to on the road to Damascus and Paul appeared ( at least from our Biblical viewpoint with all his persecuting the Christians) far from pure of heart, at the time too.......................

also the little boy I saw Jesus come to take to heaven , that little boy was a REAL brat in this life( at least thru my eyes ( view point ) at the time,) except when i was allowed thru grace to see him with different eyes prior to his physical death in a way that was , way , way beyond human seeing..he was.. perfection. ( see full story in the trans formative section of the forums-Jesus and the child) i also saw him again like that in that hospital room for those few seconds just before the Lord took his little soul... so............. maybe Gods idea of pure of heart is radically different than ours.. as He see us thru His mercy... and because of this we are seen as clean.. or, as one may say.......... pure of heart.

so how do i explain the blessed are the peace makers and purity of heart ? because in Him we are made clean, thru grace thru HIS mercy...with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible.

the mind could never understand this and His mercy is.. unfathomable.

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KristiMarie:
Hi Tuck,

Looks like nobody is biting.

Why don't you provide all the background thought (and answers, I presume) you have around these questions. It might stir more discussion, if that is what you're looking for.

I checked you out on that forum you posted and saw where you wrote that you'd be "way out there" if you didn't hang out on that forum to keep yourself grounded in the reality "of this world" (seems like a good place to assist that). --- "My" paraphrasing (and understanding) here, not your exact words.

Kristi, Honestly, I do not have any answers and I think that what Faustina posted was an interesting approach to things. I have always been an awkward child so to speak and yet God has always been very patient with me. And as one who has always been an awkward personality, so to speak, the concept of "peacemaker" and "pure of heart" calls to me.

We have choices that we can make when we wish to change who we are, so anyway, peacemaker and pure of heart calls to me as one who has the tendency to get angry and be quick to go to war sometimes. When I am around loving people, I am a loving person, but when I am around mean people I get angry and mean instantly and peacemaker and pure of heart goes straight down the pike quick Smiler

love,

tuck