Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    Biblical anthropology and holistic therapies

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biblical anthropology and holistic therapies Login/Join 
posted
Dear ones,

I said before I was planning to make a trip to SdeC on July 7 and to Medjugorje on August 1, but unfortunately (?) I broke my right foot on July 4!
So I have to 'stay in my cell' quite a while and have had much pain until now, August 9. Not in my foot, but in my chest because of chronic hypventilation. I try to join with Christ in His suffering as good as possible. Elisabeth of the Trinity said: 'L'acceptation, �'est tout'!
I try to practice deep breathing and saying the Jesus prayer. I also read some Psalms every day. That's it. And... I have been reading Jacques Le Goff, world reknowned historian, on the body in the Middle Ages. You would be ashamed being a Christian, reading all this stuff of body rejection in those times (and ours!). Therefore I have asked myself how I can delve more deeply in this disturbing question on biblical anthropology (and all influence by Greek and gnostic thoughts) on the one hand and holistic therapies (esp. body therapies) on the other hand. Since body, soul and spirit are much more one and interrelated than we can imagine, it woul interest me to find fine books on the topic. Kathy has promised in the past to look fo it. Can someone help me?
And please pray for me...
Here is another astounding book:http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=9497068403&author=LaFrance%2C+Jean.&browse=1&qsort=&page=1&cm_sp=inventory*listing*title
Lafrance is a real staretz and master of prayer!
PAX,
Fred

Posts: 123 | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Bless you Freddie, do you mean me? I looked and googled high and low for information on Holistic Health for Christians, but information out there is rare indeed.

Yes, body mind and Spirit are very much ONE in my opinion. I did a Theme bible study on body, mind and spirit years ago.. intereting. I have always been fascinated with the B/M/S connection.

If you want me to look for something more specific, let me know.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Katy a.o.,
Thank you for the message. I have broken my foot on July 4 and I am still at home recovering. So I didn't have Santiago de Compostella or Medjugorje. I am writing this from an Internet office in town, because I don't have a PC at home.
The pain in my foot is nothing compared with the chest pain today. The 'cell' is one big confrontation! But the 'Cell does learn you everything' (desert father)!
I went to a homeopathist, where I went before years ago. He couldn't help me at the time with homeopathy, but now he is working also with: http://www.nutrienergetics.com/. You know this seemingly revolutionary therapy on quantum biology and the human body field? Please read on it! I have taken it in now since one week and I am going through the most weird phenomena in my body I have ever known. I do believe things are moving now, notwithstanding lots of pain. Please pray for me!
PAX,
Fred
PS On prayer: http://www.bookfinder.com/dir/...he_Heart/2890394794/ is outstanding! I also liked the 'Dark night' book by Gerald May, whom you probably knew before on this forum...

Posts: 123 | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post