Shalom Place Community
F. The magical, mystical world of Purple

This topic can be found at:
https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/898105598/m/2461068511

15 March 2006, 09:28 AM
Phil
F. The magical, mystical world of Purple
see slides 19-28 in our slideshow for input.
- http://heartlandspirituality.org/premium/slideshows/spiral/

-----

Use this thread to share your questions, comments, and resources you've found helpful.

How do you experience "Purple" consciousness in your own life? How do you see it at work in others? In the Church?
15 March 2006, 10:15 AM
Carole
Hello all,

I'm finding this material extremely interesting. The little video of Beck was very impressive, rather, I thought he was very impressive. I was struck not only by his words, but by his spirit. I'm wishing I had more concrete examples of how these abstract concepts are actually played out. I'm presently having trouble shifting between the abstract and in the flesh examples. But I keep reading it, attempting to take it in through osmosis. It seems that these layers are constantly operating all the time, just shifting from stronger and weaker in our actions.....almost as if we could pick and choose from wherever we choose to observe and act, if we were given to being conscious of what was happening....I guess now I'm being vague.

I'm really hoping this forum will become active as I often learn through the questions and thoughts of others. Right now I don't really have a good enough grasp to formulate a question of my own.

I think its fascinating.....I sure hope we get something going here.
Carole
17 March 2006, 11:39 AM
Phil
Carole, I think the discussions provide the best opportunity to flesh out examples of how we experience these levels. I provide a few in the presentations, but what we add can help to clarify.

I had a very strong Purple upbringing -- Catholic schooling, with all its stories of Saints, angels and devils; Latin Mass, incense, candles. The Catholic Cajun community I was raised in was very strong Purple, and the good part about this is that you do come away with a deeply felt sense of a universe of spiritual beings who are looking out for you. In my growth through the years, I haven't lost this conviction, and I still settle into Purple in different times of the year, especially Christmas. The songs, sights and smells of the season awaken something of the child in me. Increasingly, I think what we mean by the inner child has much to do with our inner Purple. Purple is about exploring a magical, mysterious, good/bad world in search with the hope of finding safety and security. How that that go for us?