Ya Ya - Rah Rah (by Qui Est)

This topic can be found at:
https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/43110765/m/82210075

02 July 2002, 01:31 PM
Phil
Ya Ya - Rah Rah (by Qui Est)
- moved from the forum announcment thread -

quote:
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, winner of the 1999 Adult Trade ABBY Award, may call to mind Prince of Tides in its unearthing of family darkness; in its unforgettable heroines and irrepressible humor and female loyalty, it echoes Fannie Flagg's Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.
http://www.ya-ya.com/books.htm

"But Wells' voice is uniquely her own, funny and generous and full of love and heartbreak, in that grand Louisiana literary tradition of transforming family secrets into great stories"
-- New Orleans Times-Picayune

"This is the sweet and sad and goofy monkey-dance of life, as performed by a bevy of unforgettable Southern belles in a verdant garden of moonlit prose. Poignantly coo-coo, the Ya-Yas (and their Petites Ya-Yas) will prance, priss, ponder, and party their way into your sincere affection."
-- Tom Robbins, author of Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Still Life with Woodpecker, and Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas

Now Y'ALL listen up and hear me well Misters Phil and Brad - you AIN'T no kinda man 'til you bring a woman you love to see da YaYa's or at least read the book after having bought it for them. My journey to individuation is now complete and my anima now courses through my very marrow after having taken my wife and daughter to see The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood . I now understand and appreciate all of my wife's and mother's and sister's and daughter's friends and how and why they have come repeatedly to rescue me from my unredeemed masculinity and to help me wrestle with my own chauvinistic demons.

This is a story of suffering, not unredeemed, of deformation, not escaping transformation, of how we are the sum total of our life's experiences, and not just that total but more, because of Grace, a Grace that is most often mediated through other people - because, somehow, it seems that that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, God likes it.

YaYa,
jb