Shalom Place Community
"The 'Logic' of Happiness" has been reprinted.

This topic can be found at:
https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/43110765/m/5004006997

20 July 2011, 07:48 PM
Phil
"The 'Logic' of Happiness" has been reprinted.
see http://www.lulu.com/product/pa...tual-living/16262278

Also available from lulu.com in pdf and epub ebook form; and from Apple's iBookstore; and Kindle; and Smashwords. Whew! That was some work! Smiler
29 July 2011, 02:35 PM
Katy
I got mine in the mail today! I think I'll be using this often.. looks like a lot of wonderful things to meditate on.

Katy
30 July 2011, 12:45 PM
Derek
I read a little bit on Smashwords last night. It's beautiful, Phil.
01 August 2011, 07:39 PM
Phil
Thanks, Derek.

The Smashwords version is not as nice as the paperback, Kindle, or iBookstore versions. I've not been impressed with how Smashword's "meatgrinder" program converts .doc files to various ebook formats.
20 September 2011, 01:21 AM
Linda Gordon
I finished reading iBookstore versions last night.It's was nice reading it.It's content were just fabulous.

Tim Manning New Zealand
20 September 2011, 12:48 PM
Phil
Thanks, Linda. Glad you enjoyed it so much. Smiler
23 October 2012, 07:46 AM
Derek
I've gone off reading books on the Kindle or on the computer, so I ordered a printed copy from Amazon. According to Amazon's email, it should reach Canada by November 20 LOL.
23 October 2012, 10:05 AM
Phil
What? Eeker That's crazy! I just did a search on Amazon and they said they could have it delivered by tomorrow. I wonder why the delay for Canada?

You could also purchase it through lulu.com and it should be there in a week or so.

Why did you get off Kindle, Derek? I just got the new HD version (letting my wife have my "Touch") and I love it. I have a few bookshelves of basic references on it.
23 October 2012, 02:40 PM
Derek
It's plowing through the snow drifts that takes the time. ;-)

There is a two-day international courier service from Amazon to Canada, but it's very expensive. Hence I chose the scenic route.

The problem I found with the Kindle is that it's so hard to navigate to a page you remember reading before, or to a section in a later chapter you think looks interesting. With a real book you can flick back and forth between pages, skimming the text as you do so. It's way too slow doing that on a Kindle, especially one with a small screen. Real books are just so much more convenient.
24 October 2012, 09:31 AM
Phil
Right Derek: a Kindle is definitely not the same as a book! It has some advantages, but some disadvantages as well.

I make extensive use of highlighting, notes and bookmarks and am able to find my way back to pertinent passages by browsing through these, or doing a keyword search (instant index!) or going to the relevant chapter and paging through until I find my highlight. It's just a different way of interacting with the text.
01 November 2012, 06:25 PM
Derek
Look what came in the mail:

01 November 2012, 09:57 PM
Phil
Nice! Did you have to dust the snow off of it?
02 November 2012, 07:12 AM
Derek
Almost! We've had snow on the ground for almost a week now up here.
03 November 2012, 05:53 AM
samson
Could be the first book I download to my new iPad mini when it comes Smiler
04 November 2012, 11:08 AM
Phil
It is available via Kindle and Apple's iBookstore.

iPad mini, eh? Let us know what you think of it. I bought a Kindle Fire HD recently and like it very much.