Subscribe to "A Daily Spiritual Seed" eNewsletter.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
7. Ego and God: Journey to Belonging Login/Join

posted
Please use this discussion thread to post your questions and/or comments about Chapter 7.

Our video conference will be on Weds. the 16th at 7:30 p.m. CDT. Hope to see you online. I will post a link to the youtube archive here and on our ustream page later in the week.

Posts: 3604 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil:

I will not be able to make the video, but here are some questions:

1. Could you please elaborate more on the relationship between psychological individuation in Chapter 6 and the connecting the ego with God in Chapter 7. It sounds like these two events can (and perhaps should) occur simultaneously.

2. Similarly, could you please describe the relationship between God and Ego in Chapter 7 and God and Self in Chapter 8. Should these occur simultaneously or is it better to have the Ego lead first?

3. This may be another question better addressed in Chapter 8 but could you please describe the similarities and differences of developing a spirit-centered ego vs. the Buddhist concept of non-self. It seems like the latter is an example of what you are commenting on in pages 104-05.

4. Is it possible that as the ego comes in contact with God, it could temporarily lose its efficacy in dealing with others (not debilitating but not able to perform at the same level as previously)? Would this be more pronounced if the ego were especially self-centered prior to moving into the spiritual-ego zone?

Peace,
Greg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gregory Lynch,

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 March 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good questions, Greg. I'll probably hold off on #3 until next week, but should be able to address the rest during the video conference tonight.

Posts: 3604 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the youtube. No one showed up, so it was good that you had shared these questions, Greg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avV6pEj4LDo