Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C. Day Three Login/Join

posted
One way of understanding the Christian spiritual life is that it is an ongoing process of conversion. We are constantly being called to let go of attitudes and behaviors that go against the ways of God's love, and let God be the great Love and guiding Light of our lives. There is pain in this process, as old patterns resist change, and emotional pain is often buried beneath the defenses that keep them intact. But the alternative to letting go and letting God is to become more and more selfish, alienated and unhappy. Who wants that?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Focus: Awareness of Sin

Scripture Readings:

A. John 3: 22-30

B. Romans 7: 14-25

C. Luke 16: 19-21

-----------------

End of day:
What spiritual reading are you doing? How does it contribute to your retreat? How might it be hindering?

- -

A prayer:

I ask you neither for health nor for sickness, for life nor for death; but that you may dispose of my health and my sickness, my life and my death, for your glory … You alone know what is expedient for me; you are the sovereign master, do with me according to your will. Give to me, or take away from me, only conform my will to yours. I know but one thing, Lord, that it is good to follow you, and bad to offend you. Apart from that, I know not what is good or bad in anything. I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom.”
- Blaise Pascal

Posts: 3949 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post