Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Morality and Theology    Thomas Reese resigns from America magazine (CDF involved?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thomas Reese resigns from America magazine (CDF involved?) Login/Join 
<Zinger>
posted
Thomas Reese resigns from America magazine (CDF involved?)

Editor of Jesuits' America magazine forced to resign under Vatican Pressure

Father Thomas Reese leaves America magazine

quote:
"Father Christiansen is an ideal candidate to take over the reins at America magazine," Father Reese said in a statement. "He has wide experience, editorial expertise and a deep spiritual witness that will serve our publication well." Father Christiansen said, "Father Reese greatly improved the magazine, adding news coverage, color and the Web edition. His technical expertise, in this age of new media, will be greatly missed." In his statement he added, "By inviting articles that covered different sides of disputed issues, Father Reese helped make America a forum for intelligent discussion of questions facing the church and the country today."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, well . . . I hope they don't lose the discussion forum format; they had some interesting exchanges during the past few years.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RE: Reese
http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org/fwis/

The importance of intellectual inquiry and discussion cannot be overrated. This is
chilling.

Felicity

Posts: 5 | Location: private | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Felicity! Smiler

I did not even know that there was an America magazine, so I'm learning all the time. Thank you.

The only living Jesuit I have read is William Johnston, whom I enjoy very much, and find intellectually liberated and liberating, if not liberal. Wink
caritas, mm <*))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post