New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mother Teresa Login/Join 
posted
http://www.motherteresacause.info/

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Teresa/

I'm impressed Smiler She blesses my sox off !!!

This is the great Christian 20th century success story and model for us all. Somewhere in all of our lives we can attempt to be just a little more like she was. Smiler She smiled and served even when she was exhausted and in pain. She felt little of God's presence for many years and served anyway.

There were two funerals in 1997 Princess Di and
Teresa, in the same week. All the world watched one and the other went relatively unnoticed.Why?

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There were two funerals in 1997 Princess Di and Teresa, in the same week. All the world watched one and the other went relatively unnoticed.Why?
I assure you, MM, that I was at least partially aware of Di's funeral.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Via the Wall Street Journal, I learn there is a new book about Blessed Mother Teresa's previously unknown mysticism:

quote:
On Sept. 10, 1946, on a train to Darjeeling, on her way to a spiritual retreat, she had, as Father Langford puts it, "an overwhelming experience of God." This is known. But its nature?

It was not some dry command to "work for the poor," he says, but something else, something more monumental.

For many years, she didn't like to speak of what happened, or interpret it. So the deepest meaning of her message remained largely unknown. Says Father Langford, "It was not her wish that this secret remain forever unknown."
The book is Mother Teresa's Secret Fire by Fr. Joseph Langford, published by OSV. It sounds intriguing, though many of the Amazon reviews suggest that, apart from the new revelations, much of the book is repetitive.

Has anyone read it?

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post