Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Morality and Theology    Quantum theory, Vedic tradition, and Theology proper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quantum theory, Vedic tradition, and Theology proper Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this link today and thought it may spark a topic of interest among the members here. The correlation between the unified field theory and Vedic tradition (or eastern mysticism in general)is a correlation that I have been leaning toward for some time. Of course, I am a Christian, and my worldview includes a distinction between the Creator (God, as revealed in scripture)and the created (the Unified field, or pure consciousness). However, it could easily be understood how pure consciousness (unified field), the source of all that is seen (physics), could mistakenly be identified with the "god" of vedic, or, eastern traditions. I would be interested in hearing some of your thoughts (all) on this topic.

Heres the link, enjoy!

http://www.uspeacegovernment.o...hets_conference.html

Tracy.

Posts: 1 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings, Tracy. I haven't had time to listen to the presentations, but what you describe sounds much like what many teach who are into "quantum theology." Popular writers like Deepak Chopra have also explored this topic.

I don't know how deeply you want to go into this, but Jim Arraj has written a very fine book on the topic.
- http://www.innerexplorations.com/catchmeta/the.htm

I'm not enough of a physicist to understand what physics is meaning to say by "unified field," but I have read some unorthodox teachings by people who want to make this understanding the basis for a total overhaul of Christian theology. That said, the notion of an underlying field of intelligence and consciousness from which creation derives its existence is a fairly basic intuition of God's existence.

I'm transferring this thread to the theology forum, so we can continue the discussion there if you'd like.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tracy:

I wanted to take a look at the site you posted but without high speed internet service it looks like it will take me hours to download. But I would be very interested in hearing a bit further about how you understand and integrate God and the Unified Field within Christianity. As I have
experienced some of these things myself and have
considered it part of YHWH but was then told it had nothing to do with Christianity.

Then On another site Phil gave this website on Akiane.
She has drawn a picture she titled quantum world as well as God. And others talking about different
dimensions, time standing still. I have heard these things talked about in Eastern religions but never in Traditional
Christianity. So it was intersting and confusing for me Phil, if your happening to read this, to see that her work is so highly respected within Traditional Christianity.

Her poetry that goes with the pictures is very
interesting also.

Here's her website:
- http://www.artakiane.com/

I also plan to look at the book Phil has suggested on this topic, as time permits.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Ajoy

quote:
Originally posted by Tracy Van:
[qb] Hello everyone,

Of course, I am a Christian, and my worldview includes a distinction between the Creator (God, as revealed in scripture)and the created (the Unified field, or pure consciousness). However, it could easily be understood how pure consciousness (unified field), the source of all that is seen (physics), could mistakenly be identified with the "god" of vedic, or, eastern traditions.

Heres the link, enjoy!

http://www.uspeacegovernment.o...hets_conference.html

Tracy. [/qb]

Posts: 135 | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post