New
Find
Notify
Tools

Words to Live By Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Boy Scout until our scoutmaster couldn't lead us any more and the troop dissolved. I made it all the way to Life with a few merit badges toward Eagle. It was a good experience.

Too bad about the jaded article. Man alive, to think that someone had to express sour grapes about that kindergarten book.

Personally, I like chicken soup for the soul a little better, or Readers Digest, or the Sunday funnies, or anything besides cynical liberal tirades about how stupid traditionalists are.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Phil! I never made it past Webelos.
My mom was a den mother. Smiler We could begin a thread on the Scouts as a subversive organization who are raising the next generation of right-wing haters. Wink

My grandmother gave me a Reader's Digest subscription when I was a kid, and I still read it today. I keep hearing the "Reader's Digest mentality" miligned by the press. It may be a tad bit on the black&white side, but at least some are
thinking beyond the eternal greys of relativism. Smiler

People are very receptive now, or at least they were after 9/11. Spiritual and self help titles have seen a surge, but the election may have diminished it of late. I see those Chicken Soup books everywhere. People are reading them in passing cars and on the public transportation. The grocery stores have them out on the racks. Something's going on here...

http://apologeticsindex.org/news1/an011013-13.html

Give them some chicken soup.

That vouldn't help.

Vell, it couldn't hoit! Wink

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post