Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerging Western Buddhism Login/Join 
posted
For my Buddhist friends, here you can listen to
Joseph Goldstein , cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts, where he is one of the resident guiding teachers.

Books by Joseph Goldstein

One Dharma: The Emerging Western Buddhism

Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of Insight Meditation

Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom

Also, check out my good friend, Ursula Goodenough, and other great thinkers in the Science & Religion Dialogue, such as John Haught, at Meaning of Life TV .

pax, amor et bonum,
johnboy

Posts: 2881 | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can one resist checking out something called "Meaning of Life TV"? Okay, JB, I've just installed the RealAudio player and if my computer gets messed up I'm not voting for Maria Cantwell again! Wink

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That really is a very good web site, JB. I'm impressed not only with the excellent slate of presenters online, but with the quality of the site layout and with the Real media. I've never seen Real movies look so good; the new encoders must be better than the old were, for I pretty much gave up on anything but streaming sound files. And the use of javscript for rollover pop-up windows works very well. No "mickey mouse" of a web designer there!

Jack Haught looks older than when we had him over in Baton Rouge in 1985! Still sharp as a tack, however.

All who read this just follow that link recommended by Johnboy above. Very high quality stuff. Thanks.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post