Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

credible references Login/Join 
posted
I've noticed that there are some references to wikipedia in some of the threads. There is an article in USA Today that questions the credibility of some of the articles in this online encyclopedia. Seems that anyone can write just about anything for submission, even things that
are false about others. It is definitely not recommended as a scholarly reference. Thought you might want to check out this story:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/n...-05-wiki-rules_x.htm

Posts: 11 | Location: Evansville, IN  | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Thanks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read about that, and have wondered the same. The positive side is that one can challenge an entry and submit a correction to it. Nevertheless, wiki is a good site to use in doing research, so long as it isn't considered the "last word" on anything.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Attila the Hun chair of the Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies claims to be on the cutting edge of societal evolution. It is, which is why 20 million listen weekly. They catch Rush once in awhile making inaccurate statements, but for speaking 15 hours per week, he's holding up pretty
well.

I wonder how many mistakes occur during 15 hours of Air America?

Theoretically, wikipedia is unbiased over the long term, or a composite of whatever levels of truth are floating around these days. Overall, they seem to do fairly well. Truth remains elusive, but the overall quality inches forward. As I am very interested in the truth, I thank you for the input. Smiler Great-full (and often full-of-myself)

mm <*))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post