Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few new features of interest Login/Join 
Picture of Phil
posted
You'll note, now, a Facebook and Tweet icon above forum discussion threads. Clicking them takes you to those social media and links to the post.

Some of you may have noticed, too, that when you start a topic or post a reply, there's a film icon second to right above your post. If you click it, you will be given a tag for Flash Video. Post the imbed code between the open and closed tags and the video will display in the post. Nice! Like this:

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Note: for youtube videos, check the option to "Use old imbed code" when generating code to copy/paste.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Good one, Derek. Plenty of space on youtube to park video clips, for sure.

I've just skimmed your blog post on nonduality but will reply sometime soon. Thanks for posting a link to it.

posted Hide Post
Hey Derek, nice to see you.

Yes, I suppose we could do video responses. A neat idea. However, I don't think I could get my thoughts across as well on video recordings. But maybe I'll try it some time.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice video, Derek. Do I correctly hear a vestigial non-North American accent?

Posts: 82 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! There are actually three layers in my accent -- Scottish in early childhood, then English on top of that, then perhaps a wee bit of Canadian.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That makes sense; I thought I could hear both Scottish and English accents.

Posts: 82 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ariel,

Are you related to Henry Higgins?

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the "My Fair Lady"/Pygmalion guy? No...but gee, if I could sculpt someone from marble then bring them to life as in the Pygmalion story....hmmm, I'm drawing a blank.

posted Hide Post
Pennsy,

You sound as if you haven't seen the movie. It's a great flick with Rex Harrison & Audrey Hepburn.

Try netflix -- you won't be disappointed.

My kids used to march around the livingroom doing the ready aim FIRE to Just You Wait!

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pop-pop---I did watch the movie, but it was years ago. I think I've seen a DVD of it at the library, so I'll have to check it out.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
We now have chat rooms activated. You can access it under the Go tab and use it to chat with members who are online.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil,

posted Hide Post
You mean, "We now have chat rooms..."

That's neat, Phil. I guess we have the option of taking some of our 'chit-chat' to the Chat Room. Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post