Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October Baby Login/Join

posted
October Baby is now showing at select theaters.
The writers were inspired to produce the movie after learning of the remarkable story of Gianna Jessen, the pro-life activist who survived a saline abortion when her mother tried to have her aborted in her third trimester.
Here's some of Gianna's story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...MPuQ&feature=related

"October Baby" is not at all about the details of Gianna's life, however.

There are many more positives than negatives in this pro-life movie. Much of the dialogue is cheesy and there are some forced, under-developed scenes. But don't let that stop you from being moved by a beautiful story of love and forgiveness. Bring some kleenex and don't leave during the credits. The best part of the movie (perhaps) is delivered during the credits!

http://octoberbabymovie.net/

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Shasha. That one's on my list of movies to see.

Posts: 3951 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Lisa and I saw this movie tonight. It's on Netflix streaming now for those of you who have the service (also on DVD as well).

Very well done. A powerful story of forgiveness and reconciliation!

Interesting that rottentomatoes.com gave it a 22% rating composite from movie critics while the composite rating from over 30,000 audience reviews was 82%. What do the critics know?

Posts: 3951 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you catch the very end, the testimony from the actress? That was the best part probably.

I didn't like mother-dtr relationship acting, and many scenes were a bit too forced. They should have consulted with a woman, I think, to direct this movie. Still, the writers were responding to God's call to get this message out according to an interview I watched. Good guys!

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Yes, we saw the testimony of the woman during the credits. That was powerful!

I agree that the dad was a bit over-the-top, and the story was a bit far-fetched (but possible). Still, all in all, a good pro-life movie without being preachy. The priest's counsel to the young woman was especially good.