Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classical music Login/Join

posted
Hello,
It would interest me to communicate with other classical music lovers.
To begin with, I make a list of my favourites:
1. Bach
2. Mozart
3. Beethoven
4. Brahms
5. Schubert
6. Schumann
7. Jana�ek
8. P�rt
9. Tavener
10. Nymann
Greetings,
Fred Delameilleure
Ostend (BELGIUM)

Posts: 123 | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Freddy,

Re: Bach....I simply adore the B Minor Mass - I believe very inspired.
And Mozart - with all his works, you cant beat the Requiem.
Brahms German Requiem is another I love- so rich.
Schubert violn concertos i can listen to for hours.
Schumann - not familiar enough with all of his works.
Part - I would love to sing some of his compositions one day. I sing oratorio.
And John Tavener is a wonderful 20th century composer. Song for Athene is beautiful, `i have a couple of his CD's. One of which i got with a book on icons a number of years ago.
Michael Nymann - yes, very haunting indeed. Love the theme from the piano.

To add to yours Fred, I love Messiaen.......especially his turangalila symphony including the last movement - the ascent of christ to the father . Thanks for opening up this thread.

And for me no-one beats Mahler. I have all his symphonies, and have sung in this symphony of a thousand his 8th, twice.!!
Such a powerful way to mediate God.

Clare

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Clare,

I didn't see the reply until now. Thank you for sharing your love for classical music. I don't know Messiaen very well, but will try it.
Please look at the new thread on Christian faith and imagination!

PAX,
Fred

Posts: 123 | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, this is a wonderful website. thanks so much clare and fred. i have been wanting to learn more about classical music. i have some cictersian chants that i purchased while thinking about a one woman show or screenplay( i'm beginning) about a 12th century nun. but i thought of just using some classical music. God is Good! rebecca

Posts: 45 | Location: over the rainbow | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reecca,

There is a CD called Vision - The Music of Hildegard of Bingen, http://www.amazon.com/Vision-M...Bingen/dp/B000002SL6

As you are aware I'm sure, she was a 12th century mystic, so if you are planning a screenplay around a nun from this era, you couldnt get a more accurate portrayal of music around that period.

Beannacht

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
Here is one of my favourite contemporary music compositions:

Steve Reich: "Music for 18 Musicians" (part 1)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post