Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Right to be Wrong Login/Join

posted
A book which may be of interesting to this crowd. I haven�t read it myself.

The Right to be Wrong: Ending the Culture War over Religion in America.
By Kevin Seamus Hasson

quote:
The same war breaks out every December. Some angry group sues to have a nativity scene and menorah taken down from city hall, while another angry group agitates to have them put up. And it�s not just holiday displays that causes this conflict. From public school curricula to zoning permits, no area of civil government seems safe from the ongoing struggle between those who say only the true faith belongs in public and those who say that no faiths do.

Who are the people behind this battle? Kevin Seamus Hasson thinks of them as "the Pilgrims" and the "Park Rangers." Pilgrims believe that their truths requires them to restrict others' religious freedom. Park Rangers believe that their freedoms require them to make sure others' religious truths remain private. Together, these groups are responsible for the impasse over the role of religion in our public life.
Here�s a good idea. You can read real all of chapter one.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.reclaimamerica.org/

This man has influenced my views more than anyone else. I'm still attempting to get over the brainwashing, but he is a very intelligent fundamentalist with eight or nine post-graduate degrees. He omits facts at times that run contrary to the good olde blue meme religion, but he'll give any liberal a run for his money, or run him rapidly
in the opposite direction.

Careful, signing petitions can be habit forming! Wink

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post