Find
Notify
Tools

Death of a President Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
Eurabians flailing over the death of multi-culturalism in this one, it seems:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213289,00.html

"There�s a feeling of insensitivity here. For me, it overrode any sense of fair play. President Bush is already roundly criticized and well-mocked � whether it�s for his policies or his personal comportment � in the press, on comedy shows and in protests. �Death of a President� goes one step further and paints a target on his back.

The producers say they couldn�t make their character a fictional president because they wanted the movie to feel �current.� But by using Bush, they undercut their own point. Is it the act of profiling they want to expose, or is it really just Bush they want to annihilate?"

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's sick and I hope the movie loses lots of money.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHOA! I'm not a George Bush fan, but this is just incredibly wrong!! The Fox news story begins by saying, "I�m guessing there are a couple of things Americans, no matter what their party affiliation or political ideology, really don't want to see in a movie. One would be the assassination of a sitting American president, and the other would be a black man getting pinned for his murder just to make a point about anti-Arab sentiment since Sept. 11." They certainly got that part right.

Posts: 82 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
revkah:

Yes, there are certainly several straightforward reasons to criticize Bush, and without resorting to this sort of ugliness. You and I, for instance, may disagree as to why we are both so disappointed with him. We could actually both dislike him, but for divergent reasons. Not since Carter can I remember that being possible. Those like myself that supported the Iraq war are disappointed he didn't let the military generals do their job; whereas others more to the left of center (not assuming that is you), are forlorn over the fact that he invaded in the first place. No need to fictionalize, or conspiratorialize, any of that.

<HeartPrayer>
posted
I must confess I was shocked when I read about this movie and its storyline.

Ok, I can appreciate Stephen Colbert at the White House corresponts� dinner, but this, and the movie about suicide jumps off the Golden Gate Bridge, is in totally bad taste. They should never have been made.

I hope the directors, producers and investors lose their shirt.