Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come To Your Senses Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted
I've already briefly described Dr. Stanley Block's book on the 12 Step Thread. Out of the 15+ years of exploring stress management techniques and therapeutic models, his is so far the simplest, and yields the nourishing glow of the present moment most easily.

I'm not equating the glow of the present moment with the Holy Spirit; they are qualitatively different epiphanies. But having said that, Dr. Block's approach is a good way to receptivity of Phil's "Be Here Now In Love."

So I'd encourage the purchase of this book; it's short, (175 pages, large print) and has exercises that take only a few minutes each.

My experience so far is that it makes the nature of the true self viscerally apparent, at least on the horizontal dimension of creatures, and helps smooth out kundalini considerably, allowing flows inside the body to emerge and integrate on their own. As we rest in the present moment through his simple, nurturing manner of allowing it into our awareness, the beingness of the soul begins to illuminate the body-mind. Moreover, these are almost always eyes-open openings, at least for me, not trance-states. The simple delight and peace I've been experiencing with sounds, tastes, sensations, colors and shapes is both enriching and peaceful. No wonder 3 year olds are never bored! At times I hear what I see, see what I hear, and sense seeing and hearing.

All without heroine!

But it isn't a high, or intense awareness at all. Just what can emerge when the drama is layed to rest.

What is also clear in Dr. Block's approach is that our usual ways of dealing with emotional pain only reinforce them. He talks about the "Identity System," which would be the false self as Phil describes it. Within this identity system are two basic drama-producing habits, the "fixer" and the "depressor." These two are continually invested in maintaining the sense of a damaged self, and so there is no rest, with endless healing work to do.

I hope you guys will take a look at this one. It would be good to share it with you.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post