Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Words of Life from John the Beloved Login/Join

posted
All,

I'd like to commend to you, Words of Life from John the Beloved, written by Frances Hogan. It is a wonderfully done commentary on the Gospel of John. She is a wonderful scripture scholar, methinks.

Available FREE via downloading from www.franceshogan.com/en/

Easily gotten in time for Holy Week.

Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Pop-pop,

I am babysitting my grand daughter, she is sleeping so I turned on EWTN and I think I listened to Frances Hogan. She was teaching on Psalm 88 & 3. Is this the same lady? If so what a insightful & gracious woman of God. So, I just had my daily bread as in the word filling my heart. Happy Easter to you & yours! HE IS RISEN

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Gail!

How is Charlotte treating her G'ma? Is she a good baby? My recent addition (Edie), now 3 months, was originally one that wanted to be everheld. Lately we are able to put her down. Other wise she's a cutie. I am told that in July I will be rocking a Ruby. Fruitful year here.

Yes EWTN on Thursday afternoons provides Frances Hogan. I have almost finished her book on the Gospel of John. I am also listening to her CD series called Quo Vadis Europa (great for the car). In it she discusses western civilization today in light of the book of Revelation. Sobering stuff on a timely and interesting topic.

I have been reading your posts on the anger thread (and KristiMarie's) and the rest of the gang. Some long awaited and deserved healings underway.

Hope your Easter season (all 50 days of it) and your entire future is blessed with ever increasing wholeness and holiness.

Oh, BTW. I have figured out a new trick for homecare. I call it bib-in-a-box. I was always having to do more and more laundry washing the bibs I use on mom, and which never seem to be that protective of her clothes anyway since she spills everything in her glass or spoon on the way to her mouth. So I now use Glad Press N Seal as a bib. It sticks great to her clothes and is water proof and I don't have to wash it. It's a great sweater cleaner too - does what a little piece of scotchh tape does but in spades! So I clean her clothes when I remove the bib. I bring it to reataurants, tear off a big strip, press it on her and we mange! LOL.

XXOX,
Pop-pop

Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd like to commend to you, Words of Life from John the Beloved, written by Frances Hogan. It is a wonderfully done commentary on the Gospel of John. She is a wonderful scripture scholar, methinks.

Dear Pop Pop,

Thank you for mentioning Frances Hogan. I had wondered what had happened to her; I attended her scripture classes weekly for 3 or 4 years. That was in the early eighties I think. And I used to leave the class each night feeling on fire. She was a superb teacher and all that I learned still stays in my heart.

I must get in touch with her again. Her parish then was only a half hour's drive from my home. Perhaps she is still there.

Many thanks for the link, I will enjoy its contents.

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O poop, Pop-pop,

I was in the process of writing this long winded response, went to check out a verse at Bible Gate, came back to paste it... All my words vanished, gone... waa waa Red Face

Going to 12:15 Mass. I need to get on the ball here... BBL. (be back later)

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Pop,

Charlie aka Charlotte is treating me well! I have to believe the love that fills my heart when caring for her is a healing grace.

I really enjoyed listening to F.H. I am going to keep dialed into her Thursday program. I noticed Clare's post of feeling on fire after leaving her class, my heart was warmed listening to her... I want the fire. Yikes

You are going to have to help me out on the 50 days of Easter... Does that mean I get to buy Charlie 50 chocolate bunnies? J.K. I have a lot to learn about Catholicism. So, I know (duh) that there is one day of Easter, but the season lasts for 50 days? Never knew that. Is that how long Jesus stayed around after the resurrection? Maybe, I just answered my own question.

Thanks for the good & holy longing for my (our) long awaited healing, wholeness, and thank-you for your prayer-felt words that I will increase in wholeness & holiness. (Well, it seemed like a prayer)

Also love the tip: Glad press n seal. I haven't bought any bibs, just been wrapping a smaller towel to catch all the mess. So anything to get out of doing more laundry is just grand.

Rockin a Ruby aye! Ha. I am ruby baby, oh the little Leo's can be lions. rrooaarrr. I think some of your playfulness rubbed off on me, but just so you know I don't bite and I'm scared to throw snowballs, sure admire that about A.J. Your banter is delightful and sometimes I am like wth is going on? lol.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been reading your posts on the anger thread (and KristiMarie's) and the rest of the gang. Some long awaited and deserved healings underway.
Hiya Pop-Pop,

Just wanted to take a moment to say "thank you" for your acknowledgment, here.

Aaaaand, having worked in nursing facilities, that I so smiled when I read your bib-in-a-box and sweater de-linting trick. Mighty thrifty!

Kristi

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gail,

I have known the agony of losing a planned post. The cure: prepare your post (especially if it might be long or a work of dedicated effort) in a Word document (Word perfect, Works Word Processor whatever you have), Save it. Then after opening Live Cloud, paste it into the posting dialog box in Live Cloud.

As for Easter Season, you have indeed answered your own qusetion correctly. Forty days of resurrected life prior to His Ascension, and another 10 wherein the disciples waited on the Holy Spirit to descend (Pentecost) is considered the Easter Season.

I'd forego giving Charlie the 50 chocolate bunnies (this first year anyway). .... If your daughter is nursing, she might have a candy kiss for 50 days and who knows how much Charlie might or might not enjoy that. But your daughter might. And as for sugar worry warts -- if that is the case, then make it a chocolate chip a day. Ummm! I love dark chocolate.

As for wondering 'wth is going on' -- sometimes I don't know myself. But I can handle dealing with mystery. You have to be able to, in order to walk in the darkness of faith. That's what SJOC says. LOL.

Kristi,

You took your laptop on retreat, I see. LOL. Be careful you don't become an SP addict.

Pop-pop

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pop-pop:
Kristi,

You took your laptop on retreat, I see. LOL. Be careful you don't become an SP addict.

Pop-pop
Hi Pop-pop,

No, I sent that just before leaving Saturday morning. I don't own a lap top. I don't even have one of them upgraded phones, yet. IPhone, Androids... whatever they are called! Smiler

SP is a wonder-fulled space!

Kristi

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post