Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Book and Movie Reviews    The Kundalini Process by Philip St. Romain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Kundalini Process by Philip St. Romain Login/Join

posted
Well Phil Smiler I finally got some time to read your book "The Kundalini Process" A Christian Perspective and it was very well written and as I said before something like this book needed to be written and you have done it Smiler and you did it very well.

But, here is the problem: There are two Kundalinis Smiler . The Kundalini that you wrote about is the one that the Sidha yogis and the Taoist/Daoist teach. And if you ask a Sidha master they will tell you that there is only one Kundalini. But if you ask a Raja Yoga master and if they are being honest with you because this is secret stuff, that there are two Kundalinis. The male Kundalini and the female Kundalini. The female Kundalini is the spiritual Kundalini, it goes up through the center of the spine and exits through the top center or the top back of the head and the male Kundalini is the body physical Kundalini and it travels up the front of the spine to the center of the head and then exits out through the upper part of the forehead.

If you go to ancient Egyptian pictures you will see snakes and birds. The female kundalini is the bird and when she exists out through the top of the head she enters into the Eye of Horus. The male kundalini is the golden snake and he exists out through the top of the forehead into the Eye of Ra. The Sidha yogis are teaching the Female Kundalini side of the ancient Egyptian system and the Raja yogis are teaching the Male Kundalini side of the ancient Egyptian system.

Both Kundalinis can have a spontanious awakening with each having different results or symptoms. And a lot of the negative symptoms that folks are attributing to the female Kundalini are actually uncontrolled male Kundalini rising symptoms. Is all Smiler .

Good Book! Love, tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good review, Tucker.

You're the only one I know who speaks of male and female kundalini, so I guess you must have been exposed to sources that aren't written about much. In my experience, the energy seems neither yin or yangish -- just energy, pressure, flow, etc. As you know from my book, I speak of it as accelerated flow of bios, or biological life energy.

Glad you enjoyed the book, and thanks for reading it.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Thanks for the good review, Tucker.

You're the only one I know who speaks of male and female kundalini, so I guess you must have been exposed to sources that aren't written about much. In my experience, the energy seems neither yin or yangish -- just energy, pressure, flow, etc. As you know from my book, I speak of it as accelerated flow of bios, or biological life energy.

Glad you enjoyed the book, and thanks for reading it.

As a person who has spent their life in meditation studying mind body yogi stuff, your book Phil was a real gift to me Smiler ! I have never come across anyone that could explain what the female kundalini was and the how and why of it like you did Smiler . After reading your book "The Kundalini Process" everything fell perfectly into place. So I can now and have raised both of the Kundalinis uninhibited with a solid ground into their respective eyes with a free flow of energy between their grounds and their so called respective eyes. From there we will see what effect that this has on my spiritual awareness and on my physical body over time. And I do admit if nothing else it really feels good.

Both kundalini systems are stand alone systems with one being for the physical body and life longevity and some other abilities, and the other being for spiritual awareness and other abilities. Anyway the reason I mentioned again that there are in some systems two Kundlinis with the male Kundalini being a huge golden snake that is coiled and writhing in the physical groin area while your Kundalini is more of a thread like coiled energy that lies in the hollow center or nerve bundle of the coccyx is because a lot of the negative symptoms that are being associated with the kundalini that you are talking about are actually being caused by an uncontrolled rising the other kundalini. One example is the demon like behavior stuff. That is not your kundalini. Your kundalini is relatively gentle except for things like over whelming emotional responses to things and things like overwhelming mind awakening experiences. Which are some of the reasons why some call it female. The golden snake kundalini when uncontrolled can cause one to be quite bonkers and unstable because it can dump a lot of testosterone into the blood stream along with adrenal push along with the emotions of anger and/or feelings of extreme power or panic. And the only reason that this bonker unstable stuff happens is because they don't keep the snake grounded. Which is also a problem with your kundalini when it causes strong emotions and mind awaking stuff. It is the maintaining of the "Solid Grounding" that is the hard part and what takes the most time to learn not the actually raising of these two energies.

Again anyway Phil, your book was a valuable gift to me! And I think that it is a valuable gift to others though in a different way. And what you explained in your book really needed to be said and I don't think that it could be explained any better or clearer than the way that you did it. You are a very good writer. Love, tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the affirmation, Tucker. It's also heartening to hear that you have benefited personally from the book.

I'm still grappling with the distinction you're making between male and female kundalini, and am wondering how you came to that understanding. Is that from some little-known branch of yoga? Would the Taoists teachings on yin and yang polarities come into play here -- what you're calling "male kundalini" being more yangish, and "female kundalini" more yinnish. There are times, after doing extensive writing, counseling, teaching, etc., that I feel somewhat yang-depleted: drained, empty, even somewhat depressed. That's also when the K process feels more raw and grating, even burning in the nervous system. So, to me, the Taoist teaching on keeping some balance in these polarities makes sense and is important for integrating kundalini. Does any of this resonate with your understanding of male and female kundalini?

You know from my book that I've not considered serpentine symbolism to indicate diabolical presence, but that it more likely represents the human unconscious. The spinal cord, after all, looks like a snake, and so what a better way to represent intensified activity in the spine than a writhing snake?

From what you've shared, it sounds like you had not worked much with what you're calling female kundalini, and now you have opened yourself to this? What exactly did you do to become more open in this manner, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks, Tucker. I appreciate your feedback.

Phil

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks again for the affirmation, Tucker. It's also heartening to hear that you have benefited personally from the book.

I'm still grappling with the distinction you're making between male and female kundalini, and am wondering how you came to that understanding. Is that from some little-known branch of yoga? Would the Taoists teachings on yin and yang polarities come into play here -- what you're calling "male kundalini" being more yangish, and "female kundalini" more yinnish. There are times, after doing extensive writing, counseling, teaching, etc., that I feel somewhat yang-depleted: drained, empty, even somewhat depressed. That's also when the K process feels more raw and grating, even burning in the nervous system. So, to me, the Taoist teaching on keeping some balance in these polarities makes sense and is important for integrating kundalini. Does any of this resonate with your understanding of male and female kundalini?

You know from my book that I've not considered serpentine symbolism to indicate diabolical presence, but that it more likely represents the human unconscious. The spinal cord, after all, looks like a snake, and so what a better way to represent intensified activity in the spine than a writhing snake?

From what you've shared, it sounds like you had not worked much with what you're calling female kundalini, and now you have opened yourself to this? What exactly did you do to become more open in this manner, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks, Tucker. I appreciate your feedback.

Phil

Well Phil Smiler the internet is different than it was fifteen years ago. And the only kundalini that they want to talk about is your kundalini. They show two Smiler but they only describe one and that one is the spiritual one. Phil I really lucked out and got access to some really secret stuff Smiler . I found a website that told you how to raise the Golden Snake Kundalini (male). I followed the directions and except for accidently ending up stuck outside of my body because I zigged when I should of zagged and had to get God to put me back inside of my body everything went quite nicely. At the time, I had a friend that was a Kriya Yoga guru and when I explained to him what I had done and how I did it, he told me that what I had done was the eighth initiation in Kriya Yoga and that what I was doing was dangerous and that I should put the male kundalini back where it sits when it is at rest. Apparently the fellow whose website I had accessed was posting very secret stuff. My guru friend also said that the same technique for raising the male kundalini was also taught in Raja yoga.

Now, the Taoist and others do not call it Kundalini or any kind of snake. They call it "spinal Breathing" and it is not considered male or female. That is why they think of it as Pnuma. Kundalini is the Hindu way of conceptualizing things. To be honest with you Phil I think that the Siddha yogis are attempting to bring Taoist/Daoist concepts into to a Hindu reality which is why there are Shakti and Shiva concepts attached to the spinal breathing technique. And another thing Phil is that things are set in threes not twos. There is a high probability that the spinal breathing technique raises, wakes up, the third thing Smiler which is why it is not actually yin or yang. If you use the Unicorn's horn technique to attach the yin and the yang (or the two kundalinis) to the Source it doesn't really work unless you have a three point connection with the entangled horns being only two points. I think we now know where the third point comes from (which has always been a curiosity to me) the third point is the Pnuma. The two snakes that wind up the spinal column are the two kundalinis and the breath that flows up the center of the spinal column is the Pnuma. And that gives us our three Smiler which then brings the yin and yang into a state of balance or holds them together. And when the Pnuma is taken out through the top of the head it stimulates the spiritual awakeness part of the brain and when the Pnuma is taken out through the upper part of the forehead with the two kundalinis intertwined it connects the body physical with the Source (The area that you connect with when you raise you hands and arms and your eyes to Heaven which makes you feel really good. The Egyptians called it the Ra).

"What exactly did you do to become more open in this manner?" Phil, I went Pnuma instead of snake or coiled energy Smiler . God as the infinite absolute nothingness from my coccyx to the area above my head through the inside of my spinal column. I become more open because the Pnuma is not a Kundalini Smiler . My problem was like you, it never felt male or female, it was something different. And now because of your book and the untold hours of research that you did I can bring all three systems into a state of balance and attach them as a bundle to the Source (whatever it actually is Smiler ) as well as attach them to the spiritual areas above the head (at this point I have experienced five of them, Desire, will, I, Cosmic, and Subline, from there everything goes out of words and descriptions and becomes the absolute nothingness).

Love, tucker

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your response, Tucker. It sounds like you've come across many teachings that I am not aware of, and I do have a considerable library on kundalini and Eastern spirituality. I'm also glad to hear that things are going well for you.

The two snakes that wind up the spinal column are the two kundalinis and the breath that flows up the center of the spinal column is the Pnuma.

To my understanding, this is a symbolic way of speaking of the autonomic nervous system in relation to the central nervous system, and the energized cerebrospinal fluid that flows through the spinal cord.

And when the Pnuma is taken out through the top of the head it stimulates the spiritual awakeness part of the brain and when the Pnuma is taken out through the upper part of the forehead with the two kundalinis intertwined it connects the body physical with the Source.

Yes, the frontal lobes of the brain. One can feel this energizing.

In all of this, I prefer to emphasize a spiritual practice that focuses on growing closer to God and letting the energy adjust accordingly. To my thinking, it's kind of dangerous to become intentionally involved in moving energy around, but then you are a yogi and you know what you are doing.

________

Note to reader of this exchange: the first chapter of my book is a free sample, so you can read the approach I am taking, which is a more direct engagement with Christian anthropology and energy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for your response, Tucker. It sounds like you've come across many teachings that I am not aware of, and I do have a considerable library on kundalini and Eastern spirituality. I'm also glad to hear that things are going well for you.

The two snakes that wind up the spinal column are the two kundalinis and the breath that flows up the center of the spinal column is the Pnuma.

To my understanding, this is a symbolic way of speaking of the autonomic nervous system in relation to the central nervous system, and the energized cerebrospinal fluid that flows through the spinal cord.

And when the Pnuma is taken out through the top of the head it stimulates the spiritual awakeness part of the brain and when the Pnuma is taken out through the upper part of the forehead with the two kundalinis intertwined it connects the body physical with the Source.

Yes, the frontal lobes of the brain. One can feel this energizing.

In all of this, I prefer to emphasize a spiritual practice that focuses on growing closer to God and letting the energy adjust accordingly. To my thinking, it's kind of dangerous to become intentionally involved in moving energy around, but then you are a yogi and you know what you are doing.

________

Note to reader of this exchange: the first chapter of my book is a free sample, so you can read the approach I am taking, which is a more direct engagement with Christian anthropology and energy.

Note to reader Smiler it can be kind of dangerous to become intentionally involved in moving energy around without professional guidance. Phil is right about that Smiler !

And yes it is all a symbolic way of relating toward and waking up the central nervous system which includes the different areas of the brain. And the Hindu yogi folks want to take things into you becoming God (self realization) and the Christian folks want to take things into becoming closer to God. Because I am a Christian mystic and have been for sixty-three years I also want to take things into becoming closer to God. Which means that I am at odds with the yogi folks in general. Which is one of the reasons that I love Phil's book "The Kundalini Process". It is not yogi folks stuff Smiler . And it helps you to understand a natural process that brings you closer to The Father of our Christ and Savior Jesus.

Love, tucker