New
Find
Notify
Tools

There Be Dragons Login/Join

posted
Dear friends,

"Every Saint has a Past, Every Sinner has a Future"

This is the tag line for an upcoming movie directed by Roland Joffe, the director who brought us "The Mission." Set during the turmoil of the Spanish Civil War (1930's), Dragons tells the story of two childhood friends who became separated during the political conflict to find themselves on opposite sides as war erupts. One chooses the path of peace and becomes a priest while the other chooses the life of a soldier driven by jealousy and revenge. Each will struggle to find the power of forgiveness over the forces that tore their lives and friendship apart.

This movie offers a great counterbalance to the horrific depiction of priests as seen in such movies as "The Da Vinci Code."

Additional information about the movie can be found at http://www.dragonsresources.com/

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shasha, Thanks for the heads up... This looks like a movie to go see!

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks from me, too, Shasha---I'm going to go see it. Hey, the director might be a very distant relative of mine...I'm going to add him to my prayers.

Posts: 578 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shasha , the mission is one of my all time favorite movies.. thank you for sharing about this film.. i am going to go see it.

love christine

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I neglected to share the most important point of this movie is that it's about St. Josemaria Escriva. He started Opus Dei and is referred to as the "Saint of Ordinary Life." Here's a 7-minute clip about him in the center of this website.

http://www.josemariaescriva.in...tion/saint_josemaria

Opus Dei helps people of every race and walk of life to love and serve God and other people through their ordinary work.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also there be Dragons is an upcoming movie and I'd seen the trailer of the movie, it was amazing.
I'm planning to watch There Be Dragons movie this weekend.

Posts: 5 | Location: US | Registered: 05 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post