Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eckhart Tolle -- A New Earth Login/Join

posted
Back in the late 80s and early 90s, I read a whole bunch of this kind of material. Reading Eckhart now is like taking a walk down memory lane.

Given that so little of what he says is original, how come his books have become so popular?

I think it’s because he writes with such admirable clarity. He expresses himself in simple sentences and ordinary words.

His work has the feel of a modern classic. I can see people still reading it decades from now.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tolle is simple and unassuming and his message is clear. His real break came when Oprah introduced his "The Power of Now" to the mainstream audience. Absent that visibility he might be like most other spiritual writers: hawking their spiritual wares on a website and working hard to build up a cadre of followers.

I think the mainstream reader was probably fascinated reading about the other side of life, and Tolle gave them assurance that they could find it if they could just let go of the ego centered life and Be.

Posts: 17 | Location: PA | Registered: 23 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
We had an extensive discussion of Tolle's works sometime back.
- see https://shalomplace.org/eve/for.../18910625/m/75610406

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post