Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kundalini and antidepressants Login/Join

posted
As much as I'd like to be medication free, I can't function in the regular world without having to take something for my wretched and debilitating panic attacks. Earlier this year, I was off my SSRI (celexa) for a period of about 6 months, and as a spiritual antidote for the panic I began praying the Rosary nearly every morning. (And how wonderful! As a protestant, I feel robbed that we never get taught this awesome prayer, but i digress...) I experienced some soundless mouth movements during meditation before but now during the Rosary I began to experience full throttle glossalalia. I loved it! I'd also go through this heart wrenching soul sobbing (im sure you guys all know the kind) and it just felt so great. I felt closer and more connected to Jesus - it was fantastic. But in the regular human world i began to slip back into panic again, and by November i had to go back on Celexa or live the rest of my life inside my house. Frowner But now the Kundalini symptoms aren't as pronounced, the glossalalia is rare, the sobbing stopped, all the cool stuff I love about being blessed with this K energy is so - muted. I know you're not supposed to be so into the symptoms, but it feels like my spiritual practice is waning because of this stupid drug I have to take. Has anyone else out there had this same sort of experience? And what did you choose to do about it?

Posts: 6 | Location: toronto | Registered: 20 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Buttercup,

I empathize with your situation. I had very severe panic disorder for several years. It was extremely debilitating, and very very painful. Pure Hell.

I never took SSRIs, so cannot advise you on that. Something inside me told me "no". It is possible they will be beneficial for you.

I will say this, however. I have not had a panic attack for 10 years. I never took medication, and never sought therapy. I healed it through myself (with K of course).

Panic disorder is not under your conscious control, and though I had a very severe condition and was able to heal myself of it, it does not mean that everyone can do the same.

Everyone is different, but I would like my story to give you hope at least, because I know hope is in short supply with Panic Disorder.

Best of luck to you Smiler

Posts: 9 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: 20 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Buttercup, there's no doubt that drugs have an influence on the k process. I can't even take a Tylenol PM without weirdness in my head for a few days afterward. Happily, I can have a beer or glass of wine from time to time, but there were years when even this was not such a good idea.

There's a lot of info on the web about dealing with panic attacks naturally. Have you tried some of those approaches? (Do a search for "cure for panic attacks") The k process might also bring healing, eventually.

Sometimes in the k process we do find ourselves drawn to more solitude and silence, though not to be anti-social or reclusive. It's sort of like when a crustacean (crab, lobster, etc.) sheds its shell to grow a new one; for awhile, it's very vulnerable with its soft shell and so needs to hide out and keep still awhile until a new skin develops.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carmel43
posted Hide Post
Wow, another great thread for me to read. I am dealing with panic/anxiety now, and it manifests itself while in a car, karmachameleon, could you share more of how you dealt with your severe panic? thank you, Donna

Posts: 41 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: 08 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Donna, maybe try sending karmachameleon a private message if you get no response. You'll find this option by clicking on his/her user name in the post above.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carmel43
posted Hide Post
I will do that, thank you

Posts: 41 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: 08 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post