Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Symtoms/Kundalini Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Revkah, I too have wondered about deluding myself and I think such wondering is a healthy thing. Looking back on my personal history of delusion, I think I probably had more persistent delusions about myself before the energy awakening.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
"When I was awakening at night with the spontaneous impulse to "move", I often suppressed it because I didn't want to bother my wife beside me. Sometimes I got up and went to another room before letting if flow. Once, my foot was off the bed. I let that part of my body move and only that part because it didn't shake the bed. That amused me. It was during afternoon naps, when I was alone, that I really let it flow for hours on end during the few weeks of maximum intensity.

I occasionally still "move" but usually I respond in bodily stillness to that "feeling of just being electrically charged" -- a feeling I cultivate and enjoy daily these days when I meditate. A common explanation for the shift from movement to stillness is that movement helps open up energy channels in the body and once the channels are opened there is not so much need for the movement. Maybe you have some channels that still need opening."

Hello, Forgive me if I'm not doing this right. I haven't posted in a long time.

I am wondering if this movementyou are talking about could be happening to me during the day when I am sitting. I have been noticing more and more that I seem to have so much "blocked"? energy in me that I can't sit still. I feel extremely uncomfortable when just sitting for a few minutes... maybe something like restless leg syndrone.. only it's my whole body... something of a crawling sensation. I just feel it has something to do with energy.. Does this sound like what you are experiencing? Could it be a kindalini thing? I have had many K exp. in the past. That is why I wonder if this is another manifestation of the K energy in me. I really am getting quite concerned about it. Thanks.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Katy. Good to hear from you again.

It's hard to say what's going on with you . . . if it's kundalini related or not. Have you tried doing some kind of meditative movement to see if that helps? Are there other symptoms besides what you've described above?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Katy:
[qb] " I feel extremely uncomfortable when just sitting for a few minutes... maybe something like restless leg syndrone.. only it's my whole body... something of a crawling sensation. I just feel it has something to do with energy.. Does this sound like what you are experiencing? " [/qb]
Hi Katy,

Nice to hear from you. A while back, I visited your web page and found it instructive. I think I'm an HSP too.

I think I might know what your are talking about. Here are some of the questions I ask when I experience that. Have I been getting enough sleep? What have I been eating and drinking? Caffeine, sugar? Is my stomach empty?

There are various options in how I might deal with it. I might take a walk to work out the energy. I might eat something naturally low in caffeine and sugar to reduce the symptoms. Or I might sit the the symptoms and see if they shift. I might notice my breathing (as I recall, you have done some breath awareness training.)

The spontaneous movement of the body I'm talking about feels quite different from ordinary fidgetiness or restlessness. It sounds like you have not experienced the spontaneous movements I'm describing, but you are worried that it might start. I would encourage you not to worry. If it happens it happens. And in my experience, if I wanted to stop it, I always could. So there is no danger of physical injury. It is not like a seizure that is unstoppable.

I hope this is useful. Please correct me if it sounds like I have misunderstood what you are going through. Warm Regards,

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Ryan and Phil.

Phil, there are no other symptoms at this time, at least nothing I would attribute to K activity.
I do yoga, but that seems to give me MORE of this energy. I just think I have a lot of blocked energy. I don't know a whole lot about the chakra system, but I kind of intuit that is what I may be experiencing.. a lot of blocked energy or maybe I don't know how to integrate it...

Ryan, Thanks for visiting my web site, and I'm glad you found it instructive.

As I said to Phil, I think I just have a lot of energy, whether it's K energy or what, I don't know, and I don't know much about the different kinds of energy. Oh well.

I usually eat very little sugar, very little caffience, and usually get enough sleep, but those are some good things to consider when I am feeling especially fidgity. Now walking, I think, may be the best thing I could do. Thanks for the reminder. It's been so hot and humid here I haven't been walking. I'll get back on track. ;-)

I have also thought about just sitting it out as you mentioned. Hmmmm I wonder what would happen. Maybe it would pass, or maybe I would have a spiritual experience. :-)))

Thanks for your reply.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Ryan, I looked at your profile and see that you are Mennonite! Interesting. I am presently reading a series of books by Bevery Lewis, all about the Amish (Old Order). I know Mennonite isn't the same as Amish, but there are some story lines in the books about the Mennonites too.
I'm really enjoying the books.

:-)
Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher:
[qb] The problem I am having now is the K is so great that anytime I relax, drive in my car, pray, or meditate, grunting and groaning sounds start to happen. (the abdomin tightens,and K is forced upward into my neck, forhead, and for a time there, into the crown) When I pray the sounds can be very loud. I am always on guard not to become to still or relaxed in public, for the vocalizations may occur.
This has been going on for many months. When I am in our church, I have to be careful not to close my eyes in prayer or get to caught up in the service. At this time I meditate only
occasionally. I have changed my eating patterns to include denser foods which helps.
It seems it is just impossible to sit and pray or sit in silence without K pushing inside. Prayer with others is out of the question.
Well I think I have said more than I had intended to say. I am learning to accept this and leave it in the hands of Christ. However, It can be frustrating at times.
[/qb]
Christopher,

I had these exact same groanings, etc. going on for several months back in 2000. It happened when I would meditate, and also upon falling asleep, in other words, when I was very relaxed and/or in a meditative state. This was just before I was married, and my husband to be was almost afraid to marry me after I told him about that. :-) Anyway, the symptoms gradually subsided, but to this day, I still experince it a little bit, once in a while. So, you are not alone.

Blessings to you!

Katy

posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] I am presently reading a series of books by Bevery Lewis, all about the Amish (Old Order). [/qb]
Hi Katy,

Yes, I'm Mennonite with Old Order Amish roots When my parents were children, their parents left the Amish under the influence of traveling evangelists. The Amish I know of don't go to formal school beyond Jr. High or High School. My dad stopped at 10th grad. My mom graduated high school and went on to get a one or two year nursing degree. The main reason I'm glad they left the Amish is the educational opportunities it opened up for my generation.

Regarding the experiences we call "Kundalini," In Pennsylvania Dutch culture there is the idea that some people feel inner "electricity" and some of them have healing gifts. I discussed it once with a great uncle who is an Amish Minister. He shook my right hand and left hand at the same time, crossing one arm over the other and I did feel some "electricity." That was back in '93 or '94, just before I started going though inner changes.

I have not read any Beverly Lewis books. How is it you started reading them? What are your religious/ethnic roots?

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

Well, I think I have some of that Pennsylvania Dutch electricity in me. Somewhere along the line my mother and grandmother picked up a lot of the Pennsylvania Dutch dialect. A lot of funny words they used, and I still used some of them.

My mother in law started reading the Beverly Lewis books, and gave one of them to me to read, and so now between the two of us we have about ten of them. I am learning a lot about the Amish!

I am mostly of German/Dutch ancestry and my religious background is Catholic.

Katy

posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] Well, I think I have some of that Pennsylvania Dutch electricity in me.... I am mostly of German/Dutch ancestry and my religious background is Catholic. [/qb]
Interesting. I'm glad I asked. Did you know that the Amish are like the Catholics in using the Apocrypha as part of their bible. They read Tobias at weddings.

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

I didn't know they used the Apocrypha as part of their Bible, but I have noticed they have a lot of beliefs like Catholics, especially the pre vatican stuff. Their shunning reminds me of catholic excommunication, only the Amish can get shunned for far less serious matters.

Also I learned that the Amish and Mennonites come from the anabaptist movement. It is interesting about the different beliefs on baptism. Oh, and my husband tells me the founder of the Mennonites was a catholic.. Menno, I believe his name was?

Maybe we should have a separate Amish/Mennonite thread here?

Katy

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for a yoga course this fall. Re-reading this thread I came across this comment from Avlokita from awhile ago:

quote:
...practicing yoga moves or pranayama creates "too much" energy within... the group of people that i work with where i live have all had bad experiences trying to sit and do a hatha yoga course...when coupled together with an already active kundalini, this creates more phenomena because energy pathways are being connected that are too much for the body/mind to handle. [/QB]
Have others of you had this experience? What has your experience of yoga been? I've done only a little bit of yoga in the past, and really enjoyed it. But things are still pretty active with me; I'm looking for ways to make the k symptoms better not worse.

Posts: 82 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Yep. But not with light yoga stretches for short periods. I had to quite a yoga class two summers ago because of increased k activity. Tai Chi has also been calming and is a suprisingly good stretch.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is the way it has been with me. The more yoga, stretching, breathing I do the more energy I feel within; whether it is K energy or what, I don't know. And I only do light yoga. But that is what I was trying to describe in my posts above.. "too much energy within."
Don't know if that's good or bad. Usually walking or other arobic exercise will help to balance things out. I don't really see any problem in taking a yoga course. Basically I have felt MUCH better after doing hatha yoga.

Katy

posted Hide Post
I haven't been in a group yoga class for over a year, but I, like revkah, am thinking of joining one again in September. There is a fee introductory class. I plan to go and decide from there.

It does stimulate "energy." But it also created awareness of the conditions that stimulate particular expressions of that energy. I'm drawn to it for both.