Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Genesis/Reveltion Login/Join

posted
I have developed a unique theological perspective on Revelation (as is meant refering to the experiences described in the book by the same name) and Genesis quite similar to the work of Itzac Bentov and am interested in other people's takes, input, experiences, etc.
Bentov speaks of meditative experiences that lead the consciousness to a point where it becomes absorbed in what, to haphazardly borrow a scientific term from astrophysics, can be likened to a spiritual singularity. A white hole so to speak. In modern cosmology, there are both black holes and white holes. Black holes absorb light, whereas white holes emit them. Bentov goes on to suggest (as Einstein and Godel did) that the universe is actually a torus (read, donut) shaped entity. At the center of this donut-torus is the kingdom of Heaven (that's my take). At any rate, I have come to believe that two important questions of space and time (in the form of reincarnation and eschatology) can be understood very succinctly within this format. We are projected into existence (space) by God when we choose to reflect his love into the universe. We each choose a task in life according to our own, limited part in the divine plan of the Father, and, we live until that task is complete. When we complete this task, we return to heaven where we can either choose to stay (nirvanic bliss) or return to being to project more love into existence (avatar). It seems to me to answer a challenging question come Christians cannot respond to: why would God create a universe in which people are bound to be destroyed? It's a trick question in part, but, at the same time, this answer provides an answer which includes God's truth but recognizes our own "mortal" limitations on the concept/experience of time and existence. If God created a universe where people believed they lived only once it would generate psychological impetus to do the singular task that soul has been given to carry out with that life. Yet, were the task not done to God's expectation grace could occur when people would be allowed to try again to ease their own sense of imperfection (as counter to the point that God's work is always perfect). Furthermore, it is a wonderfully eternal perspective. The more people learn to love, the more self-sacrificing they become. Seeing as how that is true, then it would only make sense that people would be willing to return from heavenly perfection into a universe where they could help imperfect beings.
There's much more to this theologically-centered cosmology, but, this ought to be a good starting point. Have at it folks. And, God bless.

Posts: 27 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I very much like some of what you say, Will. Some years ago, I read a book by Peter Russell entitled to "The White Hole in Time." in it, the Russell waxes eloquently about the relationship between white holes and enlightenment consciousness. He doesn't go so far as you have to develop and a universal metaphysics on the relationship between white holes and the phenomenal universe, but, it was a very compelling read nonetheless.

I take some of what you're saying with respect to reincarnation can be understood in other ways. We have a thread going in on this in another forum, as you know, so perhaps I'll make some of my remarks there, but I'll add a few here.

I don't think we need reincarnation to salvage a means by which a creature can fulfil the destiny for which it was created. Obviously, there aren't too many souls who attained a very high degree of development in this world. But, it may well be that that's not at all necessary. Maybe all that is necessary in terms of this life is to get started on our journey, and to establish as best we can the direction in which we are headed. I'm not sure we need to be born again and again and again in order to do that. What if our ultimate perfection comes through our involvement in other dimensions of existence that or more subtle than this physical universe? Of course, there's no way to know about that for sure, but it would square very well with our idea about purgatory.

I know this is not giving some of your post the attention it deserves, so carry on, please, that we may reflect along with you.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post