The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    How do you experience the kundalini - as feminine or masculine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you experience the kundalini - as feminine or masculine? Login/Join

posted
Hi guys
I am busy writing my kundalini book and wanted to do a bit of 'research' here, if you allow me.

It is my hypothesis that men experience the kundalini as feminine (as described in traditional literature that was written by men for men) but that women experience the kundalini as a masculine force. (Maybe it becomes even more complicated if we included gay and lesbian experience but I do not want to make this too complex).

So, would you mind telling me how you experience your kundalini? Your input would be much appreciated.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, what I wrote in my book years ago still rings true today: that it feels like "pure energy," which means that it has no particular affect/feeling about it, and no sense of being masculine or feminine. It's just energy, but where it flows there is a sense of more aliveness and higher functioning.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's probably the same for me too, "pure energy". When it first triggered I had lots of dreams about female archetypal figures, but those were probably something released from the unconscious by the energy rather than representations of the energy itself. "It" feels like an "it". It could also be said to highlight the yin or yang elements of particular emotions, thought or physical sensation, and perhaps absorb the feminine quality of compassion, say, or the masculine characteristic of certain types of thinking. In other words, it adapts to the quality of the experience and heightens it.

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah - okay...here goes the theory Roll Eyes

thanks for the replies

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KundaliniTherapist:

So, would you mind telling me how you experience your kundalini? Your input would be much appreciated.

Hi Tara:
I'm a bit late here to respond but I do not
experience kundalini as male or female. However
the animus & anima (sp) can be part of the kundalini process. But i did not experience
kundalini itself in this way.

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post