Shalom Place Community
Kundalini Symptoms & Experiences

This topic can be found at:
https://shalomplace.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/25010765/m/9144037218

31 December 2011, 02:45 AM
aviela
Kundalini Symptoms & Experiences
Hope it's okay to start a new thread to discuss symptoms. I'm interested in getting opinions on my experience.
I have been noticing lots of tingly and mild
electricity like prickling here and there.
I feel it on my head and forehead and sometimes it creeps around towards my face and cheekbones.
This morning it was very active in my left leg, but the day before it was in my right leg and I felt pain when it was in certain areas..it was in my knee for a few moments and was painful (2 months ago I had a minor injury to my knee that cleared up in less than 2 days) when the energy was in that area it felt like it did when I injured it, but then it went back to normal.
That same night/morning I felt like something was coarsing my throat/upper palette and went into my head...like a little movement or something...it was mild but I felt the need to swallow and something was different.
I also sometimes feel it in my lower back & mid back and around my stomach area between my belly button and bottom rib. Sometimes i feel it in my hands.
I had a very intense experience in Mid october where it felt my brain was being squeezed out of my head. I was asleep at the time and it was so painful that it woke me up and as I was awaking I was telling it to stop. Words or thoughts in my head became all garbled for a few minutes and then I went back to normal. I didn't know of Kundalini at the time but then did some research and discovered it.
This intense experience was preceeded by a few visions, very blurry, but now frightening at all and actually somewhat comforting. These experiences coincided with a telephone call I had from someone with which I have had an emotional situation with 10 months ago. I almost view them now as some sort of psychological preparation for the telephone call, but at the time I thought it was coming from the other person, or something paranormal.
Then the painful experience came 3 days later which I thought someone was doing something to me.

In the past, years ago, I remember feeling tingling in my legs, especially,the left and have sometimes felt it in my hands, but it was very slight and I attributed the legs to circulation. Now I don't know if I am just paying too much attention to it so it seems like more, or if it really is different.
Sometimes I feel a little nauseous, my digestion is a little different and I had some feelings of anxiety though it was physical and not mental/psychological.
Dreams are different somehow.
Still get ringing/tones, but have had that for years and always think of it as intution and knowing something and at other times as a signal to listen to what I am thinking especially if it is negative.
Other than that, all is well. Smiler
I'm working on getting myself back to neutral and finding my spiritual belief center... I don't see Kundalini as being spiritual, and from what I've read it's a biological/psychological that does better with somekind of spiritual belief and guidance.

If anyone has any comments let me know.
31 December 2011, 05:26 PM
Phil
Aviela, it's difficult to say for sure what's going on with you. People call so many things "kundalini" these days . . . K usually conduces toward higher consciousness, especially 3rd eye, with all the commotion usually related to cleansing the body-mind. This can indeed be painful, and accompanied by tingling sensations in the body and brain.

Can you identify anything that stimulates the energy? And what is your manner of prayer/mediation?
31 December 2011, 11:35 PM
aviela
Thank you for your response Phil.
I don't meditate or have any prayer practice,
though I am very in tune with my dreams and find that my thoughts usually effect my dreams (up to a certain point)....in other words I do feel as if I have a certain amount of self awareness. I don't follow any specific religion and believe there are many paths, and I always strive to grow, evolve, be a better person, re-balance, learn,change etc. I consider myself to be spiritual, but I find that my definition of that is changing.
I have had some psychic/clairvoyant experiences on and off throughout life, intuitions, dreams etc. but they come when they come.
I usually notice the energy when I am still, in bed or quietly reading or working on computer. There is nothing specific that stimulates the tingling. But I do notice it on an off the past week or so in my head/face and legs and back. It's not constant, so that is how I evaluate that it is not my imagination. Last night/this morning I definitely felt a slight pressure in my head. The tingling in the brain I can feel even now.
I don't drink or smoke. I'm very sensitive to anything chemical, even herbs, more so than most people. These sensations are completely different to anything I have felt before. I am trying to discern what is going on.
If it is Kundalini it was a spontaneous
emergence and would be definitely emotionally stress related. It's quite possible that what I am experiencing are of someother kind of stress related symptoms.
02 January 2012, 02:09 AM
aviela
just wanted to share this article...very good analysis and explanation

http://www.kundaliniawakenings...i-krishna_(89pg).pdf
12 January 2012, 10:10 PM
aviela
I'm starting to think that Kundalini is pretty much active for most people, and that traumatic experiences disturb the energy and certain situations/practices increase/guide the activity.
Most of my symptoms have subsided but I still have ear ringing at times and intuitions. We are all connected on another level but we are here to connect to eachother in this reality....and I think it's really important to be spiritually grounded and stay emotionally balanced. Sensitive type people can get thrown out of balance quite easily....and maybe K causes some havoc until one reaches a new level of balanced consciousness???
28 January 2012, 11:37 AM
Bob May
Hi all,
Below are some symptoms or "side effects" of Kundalini.
Has any of you ever looked at the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ as a description of some of these effects?
I am thiking that may very well be the case.
In particular the scorpions that are given the power to sting men. This would seem to fit with the stinging sensations and resultant muscle spasms. It is those who have not the mark in the forehead that experience this. This could mean that a person who is not yet operating from a full opening of the brow chakra, or "Single Eye."

from - http://kundalini-support.com/b...hp?topic=9.msg9#msg9

Quote:"The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

* Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

* Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

* Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

* Intense heat or cold

* Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one\'s body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

* Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

* Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)

* Intensified or diminished sexual desires

* Headaches, pressures within the skull

* Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

* Digestive system problems

* Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

* Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

* Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

* Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

* Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

* Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating (Brain Fog)

* Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

* Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area."

Re 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
EBD NTB STR TTT
Re 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Re 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Re 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
Re 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Five is a designation for Grace in scripture.
The sound of many horses could also fit with the sound heard of rushing water, waterfall etc.

It might be a interesting study to see if and how many other aspects of John's Revelation would fit both the physical/emotional and opening of awarenesses (Revelations)with the descriptions of people's experiences.

Some thing I have been wondering for some time.

Bob
30 January 2012, 07:42 PM
Phil
That's a good list, Bob, similar to the one I published in my book. I experienced most of these at some time, especially in the early days of the awakening. When you read that over, one might wonder why anyone would be interested in pursuing this. And, truth be told, I don't think anyone should, and have written such many times. If it happens of its own accord in the process of spiritual growth, then that's best.
07 February 2012, 06:50 PM
aviela
Thank you for the list of symptoms.
Things subsided for awhile but they have started up again.
Nothing painful--tingles & heat, electricity sensasation all over my back...sometimes in my legs. Sensations in my feet.
I had the feeling again that something was moving in a wave live manner inside my body.
I have alot of tingly sensations across the top of my head.
I actually had a dream/vision of 4 or 5 smoke stacks suddenly blowing smoke prior to this.
I have that white noise in my ears at times.
I've also had some snake dreams.
And I also dreamt that a woman was trying to attack me and she referred to some of the other K experiences I had a few months ago(intense pressure in my head/ears that woke me out of my sleep one night) and told me that if I didn't go along with her then it would happen again....
very strange....
Not sure about these biblical interpretations because there are so many things that are made analogous(? to biblical writings.
10 February 2012, 10:26 AM
Tucker
Bob the list that you have posted is a very good list and accurate. What is interesting is that medical science if given that list would conclude that a person with those symptoms are experiencing a panic attack. Now based on my experience with panic attacks and raising both the kundalinis, panic attacks do cause the kundalini (energy from the sex chakra) to manifest itself spontaneously. And when this energy is not grounded properly it can be an overwhelming and unpleasant experience. This is why when one does the kundalini meditations to raise the kundalini they first learn how to properly ground themselves.
12 February 2012, 10:39 AM
Tucker
quote:
Originally posted by BlissInTheHeart:
Hi Aviela

quote:
And I also dreamt that a woman was trying to attack me and she referred to some of the other K experiences I had a few months ago(intense pressure in my head/ears that woke me out of my sleep one night) and told me that if I didn't go along with her then it would happen again....
very strange....

Hmmm....

Sounds a little bit like a problem !

Now, dreams, as everybody nows, must not always be true. It can be simply a psychic projection to the unconsciousness.

But if there is some truth in it, i see two possibilities:

1) The women that was "attacking" you might have been a good women, and you only felt it like an attack. This can happen because of some (let me call it) impurities inside you who do not want to be erased by the transformation process that is induced by k, and simply send you then their own feelings and message of an "attack" or danger, or

2) This women is bad, and wants you to surrender to her.

In both cases the best thing i see is : Pray For Protection. Those who are under this k transformation process are often attacked by entities of the subground. They want to get you or force you on their side to missuse you. A person with an awakened Kundalini is much more worth to them than a normal person.

I see this as a very common rule: Everybody with awakened K should constantly pray for protection. I was often attacked by these ghosts. And protection prayer helped! As an example one time simply a picture of Jesus appeared, and they were off .... And also, dont be affraid of them. Your fear is their food !
But be caucious. They can be very tricky ! For instance they can take the form of somebody you trust. But it happened then to me over the years that i was blessed with a gift: very quickly, within seconds, their face is morphing and changed into their real face, a very ugly appearence.

Pray to God for protection !

We have to learn to deal with that. The same way that we have to learn in this world how to deal with bad people we have to learn this in the spiritual world also.

To everybody again my humble advice:

( I do this every day, weather there is a problem or not. )

God sure has gotten me out of a lot of things that I have gotten into Smiler !
12 February 2012, 12:42 PM
Shasha
quote:
...Those who are under this k transformation process are often attacked by entities of the subground. They want to get you or force you on their side to missuse you. A person with an awakened Kundalini is much more worth to them than a normal person...

Hi Bliss,
I am very curious to know more about what you mean here. I recall that you've given a similar warning in a past post or two. I've not heard kundalini teachers talk much about this.

When you talk of "entities of the subground," are you referring to deities that are explicitly called upon by many kundalini folks who worship pagan gods/goddesses? Or something more covert and pervasive regardless of whether one is explicitly involved in the occult or pagan worship?

If you mean the latter, it suggests that awakening kundalini energy has risky or even dangerous ramifications. Being used by entities of the subground who want to control the souls of spiritual 'awakened' seekers sounds pretty dangerous, doesn't it?

I guess that's why you give strong encouragement for protection prayer.

I've concluded that kundalini awakenings are dangerous when transmitted through shakitpat and other energy transmissions from Eastern gurus who do, in fact, call on pagan gods. They did so for the sake of enlightenment, or course, equating their gods/goddesses with kundalini.

So a bizarre thing happens in such cases: You get a spiritually enlightened person (who enjoys the bliss of unity consciousness) but whose soul is under the influence of dark energies...lovely!!

Any thoughts and reflections would be welcome.

Peace,

Shasha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shasha,
14 February 2012, 12:33 AM
aviela
Thanks for your comments Sasha & Tucker
I think the dream was in this case a product of my imagination if you will.
I've been reading so many descriptions & negative things about Kundalini that I think my subconscious dramatized things and was simply expressing some fears.
Dreams can be like that at times.....
Sort of like what you mentioned in #1....if what you mean by "impurities" are fears and unknowns, self-criticisms, negative thoughts, etc.
Emotional upheaval has sort of thrown me off balance a bit....working on it day by day....and the K experience just came out of nowhere....so I'm still integrating it.
It's a new experience to me so naturally it can unsettle one in a psychological way.
It seems that I have different kinds of dreams right when the K is about to start moving around....not all bad.
I don't feel as if I am in any danger from entities really...the woman in the dream was someone that I know, so she was most likely a "shadow" type figure...
interesting idea of there being something that doesn't want to transcend....I think emotional pain & fear can do that to people....
thanks to all for your thoughts on this.
We are all very fragile and it's only love and forgiveness that can heal anyone of us....
Love & Light,
Josie
14 February 2012, 07:19 PM
aviela
quote:
Bad forces and dark energies appear in all religions, in Christianity too.
The Vatican at the moment has trained about 300 exorcists, and i guess they are not jobless.
And i wish them biggest success all their way long.

when you mention exorcists....do you think the K itself is a bad energy or that one who is experiencing a K awakening maybe vulnerable/open to dark entities that come from outside of oneself and outside of one's psyche??
I'm thinking you mean 2 different things.

And thank you Bliss in the Heart for your thoughts.
15 February 2012, 08:11 PM
Shasha
quote:
Shasha,

Serious and responsible kundalini teachers certainly talk about the dangers,
Serious and responsible kundalini teachers give shaktipat to their disciples only when the time has come
and they have spiritually matured that much that they are ready for that. (This can take years, or sometimes never happenes)
Serious and resposible kundalini teachers who are really enlightened do not allow dark energies to have an influence
on their disciples but protect them against the dark forces.
All others are not serious and responsible kundalini teachers.
And unfortunately there are a lot of them. But there are others too.

The Vatican at the moment has trained about 300 exorcists, and i guess they are not jobless.

Sure, Bliss, the Catholic Church is aware that Christians are vulnerable to being harassed by evil spirits. In fact, at our parish, we pray the prayer of St. Michael the Archangel for protection after each Mass.

That's not quite my point however. I was wondering: what is it about kundalini transformation that puts one at risk for being exploited by evil spirits?

I'm really trying to understand and benefit from your experience.

Meanwhile, I found this post from years ago that I wrote about the connection between pagan worship, exorcism, and kundalini activation.
-------------

Here is an excerpt from a book, Deliverance from Evil Spirits, by Francis MacNutt. He and Derek Prince are the most balanced, intelligent and gifted ministers in this area, each having about 30 years of experience.

"In 1977 I met a fine priest in India, Fr. Rufus Pereira, who in two brief years had prayed to free more than four hundred individuals from demonic influence. He estimated that about one third of them were delivered from demons identifying themselves as Hindu gods. I should mention that Fr. Rufus is not a wild-eyed enthusiast but a highly educated seminary professor who studied Scripture in Rome and is highly regarded by the Indian bishops, who gave him permission to perform exorcisms.

Fr. Rufus acknowledged the noble aspects of religion in India but was also willing to face the darker, demonic side of Hindu culture. He graciously granted me an interview, in which he said:

I love my country very much and have great respect for Indian religion, but perhaps there is no religion that has within itself such a wide spectrum, ranging all the way from the highest form of religious endeavor to the lowest degradation of humanity, all in the name of religion. I have been led to believe that many of the gods and goddesses in Hindu mythology are nothing other than demons." p. 112

He goes on to describe a case of possession of Catholic girl who, during a conference, was taken into a classroom and was laid out on a table, assuming "the dancing posture" of shiva, the dancing god. Though she knew nothing about Indian dancing, "Yet, here she was, assuming the absolutely correct dancing poses in her fingers, her wrists, her hands and feet the exact poses of this very god. It was something fantastic to watch, as her eyes and her mouth were all changed into the features of this Hindu god. I later found that it got into her because of a spell cast by a Hindu doctor." P. 113.

By the way, this god, shiva (the male counterpart of kundalini shakti), is essentially the mantra of the Siddha Yoga tradition which spread like wildfire around America and the world when Swami M. and his followers initiated kundalini awakening in thousands beginning in the 70's. So while you may get kundalini awakening through the mantra/touch of the guru, you're also open to the infestation of the evil spirits upon whom they've summoned.----

So, I hear your point, Bliss, that you believe there's a valid and safe way to give shaktipat if you have a serious and responsible kundalini teacher. But what if that teacher is innocently calling on a deity, whom he believes is God, but that god is a demon, as suggested by the above?
See my concern?
16 February 2012, 08:59 AM
Tucker
quote:
Originally posted by Shasha:
quote:
Shasha,

Serious and responsible kundalini teachers certainly talk about the dangers,
Serious and responsible kundalini teachers give shaktipat to their disciples only when the time has come
and they have spiritually matured that much that they are ready for that. (This can take years, or sometimes never happenes)
Serious and resposible kundalini teachers who are really enlightened do not allow dark energies to have an influence
on their disciples but protect them against the dark forces.
All others are not serious and responsible kundalini teachers.
And unfortunately there are a lot of them. But there are others too.

Sure, Bliss, the Catholic Church is aware that Christians are vulnerable to being harassed by evil spirits. In fact, at our parish, we pray the prayer of St. Michael the Archangel for protection after each Mass.

That's not quite my point however. I was wondering: what is it about kundalini transformation that puts one at risk for being exploited by evil spirits?

I'm really trying to understand and benefit from your experience.

Meanwhile, I found this post from years ago that I wrote about the connection between pagan worship, exorcism, and kundalini activation.
-------------

Here is an excerpt from a book, Deliverance from Evil Spirits, by Francis MacNutt. He and Derek Prince are the most balanced, intelligent and gifted ministers in this area, each having about 30 years of experience.

"In 1977 I met a fine priest in India, Fr. Rufus Pereira, who in two brief years had prayed to free more than four hundred individuals from demonic influence. He estimated that about one third of them were delivered from demons identifying themselves as Hindu gods. I should mention that Fr. Rufus is not a wild-eyed enthusiast but a highly educated seminary professor who studied Scripture in Rome and is highly regarded by the Indian bishops, who gave him permission to perform exorcisms.

Fr. Rufus acknowledged the noble aspects of religion in India but was also willing to face the darker, demonic side of Hindu culture. He graciously granted me an interview, in which he said:

I love my country very much and have great respect for Indian religion, but perhaps there is no religion that has within itself such a wide spectrum, ranging all the way from the highest form of religious endeavor to the lowest degradation of humanity, all in the name of religion. I have been led to believe that many of the gods and goddesses in Hindu mythology are nothing other than demons." p. 112

He goes on to describe a case of possession of Catholic girl who, during a conference, was taken into a classroom and was laid out on a table, assuming "the dancing posture" of shiva, the dancing god. Though she knew nothing about Indian dancing, "Yet, here she was, assuming the absolutely correct dancing poses in her fingers, her wrists, her hands and feet the exact poses of this very god. It was something fantastic to watch, as her eyes and her mouth were all changed into the features of this Hindu god. I later found that it got into her because of a spell cast by a Hindu doctor." P. 113.

By the way, this god, shiva (the male counterpart of kundalini shakti), is essentially the mantra of the Siddha Yoga tradition which spread like wildfire around America and the world when Swami M. and his followers initiated kundalini awakening in thousands beginning in the 70's. So while you may get kundalini awakening through the mantra/touch of the guru, you're also open to the infestation of the evil spirits upon whom they've summoned.----

So, I hear your point, Bliss, that you believe there's a valid and safe way to give shaktipat if you have a serious and responsible kundalini teacher. But what if that teacher is innocently calling on a deity, whom he believes is God, but that god is a demon, as suggested by the above?
See my concern?

Shasha your concern is also my concern. I have spent the last thirty-nine years studying the Hindu approach to God. This study has been my life. The reason that I made the study of the Hindu approach to God my life, was because as a young man I discovered that Christians were being drawn away from Jesus by Hindu masters and their followers to seek something that these Christians already had. The question was, "Did the Hindu masters and their followers have it also?" The only way that that question could be answered was to become one of them and see what was real and what was not real. The result of this lifetime study is that I am a master of the yogi approach to things, a very advanced master not just a student. I can sit with any yoga master of any tradition as an equal. To make a long story short, what all yoga traditions are attempting to do, they can not do without Jesus. Only Jesus makes what they claim possible possible. They are not only leading people into danger, which makes your concern Shasha valid, they are also taking away the "key" to doing what they claim is their goal. Their claimed goal is to bring you into union with God, but this can only be done through Jesus. It can not be done their way without Jesus and with Jesus you do not need their way. Demons are a part of the mess that Christians are dealing with if they wander off to seek God through Hindu traditions, the other part is that Christians are doing something that they do not need to do; and if done the Hindu way, they loose the "key" to what they are attempting to do in the first place.