Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A possible Kundalini symptom? Login/Join

posted
Anyone have thoughts on how to deal with what I call "having a crab on my nose", a persistent ache in the area just above my nose? I understand there are exercises which might help.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rosa, I'll be moving this thread to the forum on kundalini and spiritual emergencies and closing it on this one. Please check that other forum for additional replies.

Not knowing much about your situation regarding prayer, meditation, faith, etc., it's hard to say just how that ache you describe might relate to spiritual emergence. It could be a sign of energy wanting to open what the Hindus and others call your 3rd eye, or eit might be something totally different--even a physical problem of some kind.

Could you tell us more about all this?

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Phil:

Thanks for your answer. I really wasn't specific enough. The 'crab on the nose' effect originally occurred mostly when I was centering (which I've been doing, usually twice daily, since 1996), but in the past eight months or so it's been happening more often and for longer. I think I'd recognise a sinus problem, so I doubt it's that.

I sometimes have headaches which occur in a sort of band running from the top of my nose to the base of my skull, and if when that happens I press on one of the top vertebrae, the pain will often switch to my nose. Weird.

When I started centering(actually re-started, not having done anything with it for twenty years)I had some pretty strange experiences. Bolts of lightning up the spine, sensations of spiralling, that sort of thing; not much, more recently, except the occasional mild spiralling, and waves of heat.

It's nothing like the sea serpent-on-a-merry-go-round ones I had then. I rather came to enjoy those. The first, by the way, was in a Reiki I class.

On the whole, now, I'd prefer to let sleeping dragons lie (unless they insist on waking up). I gave up doing Reiki partly for that reason (Jon, I'd suggest caution).

Many thanks,

Rosamond

posted Hide Post
Rosamond, sometimes the tension above the nose and the band around the head are symptoms of energy trying to push into the third eye center and brain, but finding them not fully open or ready, the energy "piles up" and produces those tensions. Please don't take this as a diagnosis for your situation, however. Just a thought.

What sometimes helps is to just cut back a bit on your prayer/meditation time so you're not intensifying subtle energy so much. Or, if you're open to having these higher centers more energized, just to be aware of them in prayer and gently hold yourself before God in those centers. Note the tension/crab sensations, but don't try to make them go away or do anything. Just be with the sensation and give it permission to do what it needs to do and go where it needs to go. Hold it in loving acceptance and let it work itself out.

Keep us posted on how this all goes and thanks for visiting shalomplace.

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Phil:

Shall do. Thank you.

Best,

Rosamond