New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and Christian Theology (essay) Login/Join

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its not like the Kundalini is a real snake its the energy of the sexual force that grounds us in the physical realm. Once we overcome that in ourselves we are no longer bound by it. The Kundalini Process is about undoing the Original Sin and returning to the Guidance of the Holy Spirit.

PHI, I can go along with that and it's even congruent with our thread topic. Smiler Of course, what you've just written above is quite dense and would need to be unpacked, but we've been doing quite a bit of that through the years on this forum.

Some of those youtube links are a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. I gather that music really speaks to your soul.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your thoughts...

Music does reach my soul and the soul for all

Here's another way to look at it...

What is the Matrix?

Mind over Matter

One can buy the Illusion but for Truth they must walk the Path in Righteousness.

In Order to Reach the Heart and the Subconscious you have to have a tool that
reaches the person, music does such and is why it is used by even those passing bad messages also. It is a vehicle to learn to transcend the emotions of entrapment in our temporary world. It is the Spirit that is everything; the rest is just experience in matter in the physical plane. When we break the attachment and just come to appreciate it we are no longer entangled in its web. Our Senses and interpretation of the Physical Plane is the diversion that keeps us from God, it’s really that simple. We let our Minds definition define our state of being but yet we are only to bare witness of God's Will. It doesn't mean you have to give everything up but you have to learn how to view it in another way and the focus on the Spirit of Matter versus the Matter itself. Then the change in Matter doesn't possess one or tie the emotional body causing illness and discordance.

Music is merely a tool that reaches the emotional body, it can attune us or cause us upset and imbalance. Vibration is the Word of Life. Therein the same goes for our own Matter of Vibration in our Physical Form and Perception of the World around us. Smiler

If one watches of listens to discord that will be their own vibration. If one surrounds themselves with peace and tranquility in vibration that will be their vibration and state of being.

As the mass we are manipulated by what we see and hear until will claim our own sovereignty.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 27 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The World is Not Enough"

MJ12: And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. Mark 4:10-12

http://youtu.be/2kvluWTgZYY "The Path"
(The Razors Edge) Wink

THE STRAIGHT PATH...

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Matthew 7:13

Blessed are the Pure in Heart, for they will see God. Matthew 5:8

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hey PHI, just curious about what church you belong to. That might help us to get a better sense of where you're coming from.

Thanks, Phil

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't belong to a Man-made Church. I don't agree with their methods of division I have found so far.

Romans 17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. 18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. 19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil.

There is also no Official Religion in "The Word". To be Christian one must have been Baptised with Fire and the Holy Ghost.
Prior to that they are only practicing to be alike Christ.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Romans 2:28-29

I know a very limited amount of people that can say they have gone thru this.

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Colossians 2:11-13

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31

I took up sharing "The Word" with others again by guidance of "The Holy Spirit", that's why I stop in here and there sharing what I do..

I have found much of the World to be very off course when it comes to "The Real Path of Repentance"...

I share this in a nuetral way, since you asked I have merely answered honestly.

Much Love and Blessings

posted Hide Post
hi Phi piper...

i hear what you are saying.. as i have a strong , strong inclination for quiet reflection and silence.. but i have also found that no man is an island.. Jesus did not come to establish a church of ' one '..

also, for your consideration........

it is easy for the ego of man to sit by oneself in silence and read, contemplate. meditate and pray and be very sincere... this is great BUT... we set ourselves up to never fully mature spiritually as we are our own counsel, even if that counsel is good and we are blessed with the guidance of Holy Spirit to help us in our understanding......

if we still have an ego, much is still filtered thru that ego and we can fool/ deceive ourselves into thinking we are further along the path than what we are. We can even set ourselves up as a spiritual teacher, blissfully unaware of our ignorance. It takes real 'humility' to step down from a place where we self isolate and reject community all together in favor of our self projected , self knowledge without any reigns to pull us in from our self delusion.

Circumcision that of the heart'.. in truth cannot be wrought without the spiritual guidance of the Church that Jesus established here on earth...words like 'submission' and 'surrender' are dirty words for the ego. Ego likes to be its own agent.

Ego wants to go off and do its own thing..this is not so for the one who is sincere in his/ her walk in obedience to the Holy teachings of the Church.. where true humility can be cultivated under It's authority and direction and with grace, a God given spiritual guide to help us in our walk in Christ.

so many today are rejecting the authority of the church in favor of ones own authority..

without humility and obedience we cannot go far in our spiritual walk.. we remain on the surface of spiritual maturity never really comprehending the fullness of Christ.

this is a tough thing to 'realize' and it takes grace and prayer to move beyond the ' i am a teacher and know more than the church that our Lord established here on earth'...

ego will never ever hear this.. as it thinks it has all the answers and knows everything....
humility does .. not.

blessings.. christine

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly respect what you are sharing. My ego has not lead me to this conclusion. It was found thru deep search and much prayer and meditation on "The Word".

It is also clearly stated our body is our Temple. The rest is just outer Parable in Man's creation. God's Divine Light is in All people. It a matter of when they can discover it.

To date there is no preacher of a Man-made Church I found whom taught me more than "The Holy Spirit" directly. That is how my Path to Christ opened for me. For other's it may come by means of a Physical Church.

This is how I was taught:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

Under those crircumstances I find no need to follow in the footsteps of another or a Public Church. Direct experience is my Teacher and thru all in reflection I have found clarity of Truth as it is written.

These are few Scriptures I will share to others whom may have interest in my direct approach. Otherwise I respect everyone's choice for I can only choose for Myself...

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. Acts 17:24-29

Reasons I rarely attend Church or Pray in Public...

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands; Acts 17:24

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 1 Corinthians 15:40

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. Matthew 6:1-8

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
PHI, you pick and choose the Scriptures that suit your pre-determined perspective, ignoring all those that do not fit. While you criticize "man-made" religion, and absent yourself from such a sorry endeavor, you essentially make up your own -- one that suits you, that is.

Jesus belonged to a religion: Judaism. He practiced its tenets faithfully, and even stated that he did not come to do away with the Law (Mt. 5:17).

Christianity as a religion emphasizes community -- that the Spirit gifts individuals to build up the community. Furthermore, the community is "organized" with leaders, administrators, etc. It is also clear about its core beliefs. That's all in the Scriptures as well. See 1 Cor. 12, for example, and many other places.

You are a good example of the new gnostic Christianity. It's not that what you share is nonsense so much as it is out-of-balance, one-sided, and with implicit condescension toward faithful, orthodox Christians.

posted Hide Post
PHI,

one simple question: how do you know that the Bible is a word from God? you seem to believe that the Bible is inspired by God, but what is your reason for that?

logically, it is (1) either because you believe some other people who told you the Biblie is inspired by God (parents, grandparents, priests, other believers living now, living ages ago, and ultimately back to the Apostles who met Jesus etc.),

(2) or because you claim to have some kind of private revelation, experience, insight that revealed to you the Bible's authority.

In the first case, you have to humbly accept the authority of others, of a sacred community, of a tradition. In the second case, you regard yourself to be a prophet or a mystic with a direct connection to God.

If the (2) is true in your case (and I suspect it is), then you are an authority to yourself, you rise yourself above all humanity - there is only God above you. And you don't think you can be mistaken or wrong, or fallible - you are a perfect interpreter of a direct communication from God. If this is true in your case, then I think it is spiritually dangerous. Because I believe in the original sin, which means that we are weak and limited, and even our mystical visions are fragile and dubious. But maybe you believe that a man is perfect? divine?

PHI, being enclosed in our own subjectivity, mystical or not, is a sad thing. We end up narcissistic at best, psychotic at worst.

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(2) or because you claim to have some kind of private revelation, experience, insight that revealed to you the Bible's authority.

The above is my reason.

I humbly respect eveyone's thoughts and ideas here and I am appreciative to be allowed to share on your forum.

I do have direct experience and have met God. That may seem rather odd to make such a claim. But that is my True Claim. One can disagree with me in doubt if you like. The scriptures I choose have been revealed to me by "The Holy Spirit" that is why I share the scripture I do. How you determine to recieve it is your own choice and I merely witness. No I am not officially a Gnostic, I claim to none other than "The Holy Spirit".

That is the best way I can explain it all to you.

I seek no acceptance or recognition.

Love and Blessings

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
PHI, maybe in time, the Holy Spirit will help you to discover the REST of the scriptures -- all the parts about covenant, community, mystical body, sacrament, and how God is truly present to us through those means as well.

Or, you could just pick up a Bible yourself and read all about it any time. Wink All those passages are as equally inspired by the Spirit as the ones you like so much.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I do have direct experience and have met God.

hey PHI.. i hear ya.. so have i.. you can read the story about it in the transformative section of these forums...( Jesus of the divine Mercy and the child)

i still continue to have inner locutions and spend most of my day in prayer...and i don't think it particularly unique .. all of it grace and i suggest many who love the Lord are experiencing such things these days.

i would like to share a bit here with you. hmmm, kinda going out on a limb and sharing here.. but most recently my husband and i decided ( i see this as Gods movement in our lives) to become active again in the visible church.. in this case Eastern Orthodox. we were invited to stay with the parish priest and his family for the Orthodox Christmas January 7th..

a humble man .. we went to confession and were sincere in looking at all and everything that may be displeasing to the Lord.. we went to bed that night and both my husband i were awakened at the exact same time with a satanic attack in our sleep.. i talked with the priest about this later that day and he smiled and said" well seems you must be doing something right to get that kind of response!" i.e., returning to the church did not make the demons happy. i have seriously had to look at this ... like you i was certain i could listen to the Holy Spirit only and that was good enough... like you i was extremely confident, sharing scripture etc. i sincerely try to live a life solely for Christ... so it isn't that my husband and i were into anything weird..

i assure you it took me by complete surprise to have this kind of response with the demons as i have never focused on demons. Although in the earlier years i had many attacks similar like this one... always, always in conjunction with a deepening of my faith by returning to the Most Holy Church God has established here on earth. Coincidence? i do not think so... and a good shot of humility has not hurt me one bit LOLSmiler i am grateful for the Holy Spirit and His movement in my life to get me back to the basics that i thought i was so aboveSmiler

hey this one is for you old pop popSmiler i have returned to my ' blue meme rootsSmiler yes i still see unity in all of life and in my heart know that there is a great move of God on the earth today that is unique.. BUT i am seeing now , with both feet planted firmly in HIS Most Holy Church...

PHI.. to be honest i do not expect you to hear what i have to say here and take it to heart.. been there, so i know how strong ego is.. so thoroughly convinced was i ( unconsciously) i was special / different and i could be a church of one and i could, like you pull all the Scriptures out of the good book to prove my point...

my unexpected trial here with the demons is because I am following Gods will.. to be obedient and not follow my self deluded ideas.. Let me be clear here , within my heart i sincerely thought i was hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit..as my life is and has been completely directed toward God.. but i was mistaken. yes i did hear the Holy spirit.. but it was also incredibly mixed up with my own voice my own self will.

i see many today in the same boat...renegade Christians following their own counsel, certain that they are on the right track...pioneers for Christ Jesus.. re de ra de daSmiler self will does not cut it, not in the eyes of God.. no matter how well intentioned we are...He established His church for a reason... and in my delusion, i saw my self will as *God's will*.. ego is a hard thing to see in oneself...arrogance is subtle.. particularly spiritual arrogance which i have been full of.

i also want to say it has been hard to come back to center..i filled up much of my day with self deluded thoughts.. i had my whole life wrapped around my unique understanding... blissfully unaware of it!! i had to deal with a whole lot of emptiness ( i still am) and have found my mind still trying to justify ' my positions'.. all in the name of God and inspiration from the Holy Spirit of courseSmiler

i now have a spiritual guide who is a humble man who is helping me get back on track.. thank God for him!

i am thankful for Gods great mercy upon me..taking my hand and leading me back to His Truth.. HIS Church.. not my truth and a church of one

rich in His mercy...

may He be praised!.

christine

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHI,
now I understand better your position.
Only one more remark. Words, their meanings, are established by communities or societies. Only a crazy person can make their own words. We learn to speak from our mothers and fathers.
So if you say that "Holy Spirit" revealed something to you and yet you place yourself outside of a community or a tradition, I wonder what "Holy Spirit" means...

I'm quite sure, though, that this term does not refer to what Jesus' Church believes the Holy Spirit to be and what was defined by sacred councils in Nicea, Ephesus etc. I know what the Holy Spirit is, because I accept the meaning conveyed to me by people much more wiser and holier than I can ever be. But what you call the Holy Spirit can be really anything. And since it is not something we all can see with our bodily eyes or precisely define with our reason, it has meaning only to you, not to other people. Which does not seem to be a problem to you. But it is a problem to me.

My reflections, of course, are not primarily directed to PHI who says that he does not need any recognition from other human beings, but I think they are important points for Christians. For example, it is my little problem with Protestants (I mean - the grounds for accepting the Bible, for example). At any rate, I do think that if we just go using words any way we please, our dialogues will become meaningless. Which is exactly the case in postmodern culture which changes and twists meanings of words, and yet, curiously and ridiculously, persecutes you for using words that are forbidden, because they are judged to be hateful, racist, sexist, gayist, masculinist, americanist, christianist or other -ists (whatever, you just have to pay if you lose in a court).

By the way - other topic - they just try to change some meanings in France - "marriage" will be a union of man and woman, man and man, woman and woman, and, perhaps, also other combinations if they will appear, and if they unfortunately will get a child from contemporary grocery stores with little babies for everyone who has the money, they, perhaps, will be called "Parent number 1" and "Parent number 2", because "mother" and "father" is so sexist/gayist/racist/fascist/christianist.

Maybe in the future they will speak like this:

"Parent number 1 and Parent number 2 decided to use their right to honor their reproductive freedom, and, after that, expressed their charity by decisively easing the suffering of Parent number 2 of Parent number 1."

Translation into fascist/christian language:

"A mother and a father killed their unborn child, and then killed the old and sick father of the woman."

I've recently read that in Amsterdam are creating ghettos for people who will offend gay people. They and their families will be sent to slums outside the town, where they will be "re-educated" and taught tolerance and love towards the gays. Perhaps, it will be done without a court order. And maybe then, finally, we will have tolerance and freedom at last...

It was already nicely pictured in George Orwell's "1984". Poor guy, didn't think that democracies of the 21 century can do something similar to the totalitarian nightmares of the 20th century.

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In respect of each of you whom asnwered and shared your thoughts. I appreciate your stories and experiences.

About Scripture, yes there are many and I can use many more that are already written. The one's I have shared have been more focused towards Baptism... So I present a question to all...What does Real Baptism in Christ mean to you and have you experienced the Fire and Holy Ghost Baptism? If so would you share some of your experience with it?

Regarding "The Holy Spirit" why do you all feel so uncertain and doubtful I share from that source. I have no questions about it myself nor doubts. Have I shared something that disagrees with your Spirit or is it your Mind that disagrees?

I don't have problems with congregational meetings of like minded people that are supporting the Lord. Man-made Churches can be a very wonderful place to gather in the Glory of.

What has concerned me is the Alteration of True Christianity. It is not a denomination: (A name or designation, especially for a class or group.) That tends to create division which is against God's law. That is where I have concern. Would you all please share your thoughts on that... To be Christiian as far as I am concerned is to have gone thru the Full Baptism and be alike Christ.

Regarding Demons and attacks, yes I am very familiar with such things. And of course being the extend I share "The Word" these days I have encountered many battles. "The Word" itself keeps Darkness from the Heart and to keep them away one just need read it regularly.

Clean Heart, Clean Mind, Clean Body

Anyway, those are some thoughts I wanted to share and am interested in yours on those topics. We all learn from Oneanother and I look forward to anything anyone here may be able to share that I am yet to see.

Thank You

PS I am not here to convince, compete or combat. Please don't let anything I share offend you.

posted Hide Post
This one for MT

Your Topic is certainly a Delicate One...

My thoughts on that one is as follows...From My Website:

Pardon the Writing in Caps, I cut and pasted so I didn't have to rewrite it all.

And please know what I share about this is in respect and I have no direct judgement about those whom choose that for lives. I have friends that I know that are also gay and I love them as much as all other friends I have.

(Quote from Site)

THIS COMPLICATED MATTER...

WE WILL JUST SAY THIS MUCH, KNOW THAT THE TRUE MARRIAGE WITH GOD IS WITHIN IN YOUR HEART. PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE IS NOT THE ISSUE ITS

ACTUALLY SELF ACCEPTANCE.THOSE WHO CHOOSE THE SAME SEX RELATIONS WILL PROBABLY HAVE THE HARDEST TIME FINDING THEIR BALANCE.

AS THEY HAVE NOT AN OPPOSITE TO REFLECT FROM. NO MATTER HOW WE CHOOSE IT YOU STILL HAD A MOTHER AN FATHER WHERE AS THESE TWO
ENERGIES MUST BE BALANCED TO ACCOMPLISH THE GOAL. (Achieving the God-Head) WHEN IN BALANCE SOME MAY FIND THEY WERE ACTUALLY NEVER REALLY GAY AT ALL...

THE MORE LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING WE GIVE EACH OTHER THE FARTHER WE WILL ALL COME IN OUR EVOLUTION OF SELF AWARENESS...

The one statement I will make is that obviously all creation is Male/Female in order to exist at all. Knowing that simple Truth we do have to accept the fact that obviously God didn't grant Woman/Woman or Man/Man the gift of Reproduction of Life Unless they came together as Male/Female.

No matter how we look at it and justify it creation must live in accordance to Design or it will not Survive. Otherwise, we all have Free Will and for that we must accordingly respect each others choices.

As it is said : Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

I too admit, at times I do need watch my own ego as of course being a person we all have one. I do my best as I learn to word things nuetrally. I update my own descriptions regularly as I learn better how to explain things in a non biast approach. It take time.