The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    Relationship extremely difficult for me... ready to throw in th towell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Relationship extremely difficult for me... ready to throw in th towell Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There is a huge difference in the way I feel today, and the way I felt last weekend. Am eating "right", no coffee, no sugar, been doing my centering prayer, and yoga. Seems I am an altogether different person when I FEEL good.

Do any of you find this to be true for you?

Most definitely. The question is, why don�t we do this all the time? I was watching Dr. Phil the other day (the other Phil) and he was talking about New Years Resolutions. He said that they are all basically crap if we don�t first acknowledge that we are worthy of being happy, of being worthy of good care and attention. That�s not such an easy hurdle, as obvious as it seems.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Nelson:
[qb] There is a huge difference in the way I feel today, and the way I felt last weekend. Am eating "right", no coffee, no sugar, been doing my centering prayer, and yoga. Seems I am an altogether different person when I FEEL good.

Do any of you find this to be true for you?

Most definitely. The question is, why don�t we do this all the time? I was watching Dr. Phil the other day (the other Phil) and he was talking about New Years Resolutions. He said that they are all basically crap if we don�t first acknowledge that we are worthy of being happy, of being worthy of good care and attention. That�s not such an easy hurdle, as obvious as it seems. [/qb]
Hi Brad,
Thanks for your reply. I know, I quit making N.Y. reslutions a long time ago. However, in the N.Y. I like to think of new beginnings; how I can improve; in other words, sort of take inventory.

I know a lot about nutrition and healthy lifestyle, but I admit I don't practice a lot of what I preach. Mostly because I have little support.. and so I go along with the herd and do what everyone else is doing. But, boy, do I pay the price. The holidays, and this and that, did me in physically. I guess I'm now paying for my "nutritional sins"

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Katy,

I honestly believe that one of the pitfalls of self-improvement is that when we're trying to improve ourselves we often have a hidden agenda: to run away from our selves.

I know that when I've stuck to my diet that I've felt better. But my motivation isn't just to feel better. I want to *be* better and that often equates, in subtle ways, to not being me. All that stuff gets mixed in. I go through this process of feeling better, do all this hard work, and find there's often nothing on the other side of the rainbow, so to speak. I'm still the same person I was but without some of the pain. Sometimes I even feel more defeated because here I am even screwing up health!

To stay on a diet, or anything else like that, requires a belief that things can get better or else we're often simply putting on useless trappings of normalcy. I think as Phil, W.C., or anyone else would rightly tell you, getting into the habit of good behavior, whether your heart's in it or not, can lead to this stuff seeping down into the soul where it eventually sticks.

My advice is to just to be. That's the consonant "b" followed by the vowel "e". You won't suddenly sink by letting all your expectations take a break for a while. Why drives us nuts is if usually the idea that we're not good enough, don't have enough, can't tolerate what we have now, etc.

A diet is a particularly tricky thing because, gosh darn it, we deserve a little pleasure for all the other crap we put up with. That's a hard cycle to break. Very hard. So just for now, ease up on yourself. Concentrate on what's going right, not what needs fixing. Let go of all the petty things that, if truth be told, probably don't make a big difference on way or another.

Anyway, that's about the extent of my wisdom on the subject. I don't know what, if anything, relates to you, but I hope at least you find a kernel of something helpful.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Gee Brad, you brought up so many things that I have something to say about! I appreciate your input, but I do disagree on the nutritional issue. I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt that what I eat also determines who I am.. not only how I feel.
Well, I don't want to sound defensive. Maybe you will know more about where I'm coming from by reading my website which is all about holistic health, if you haven't already. www.holystic.com

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
"I go through this process of feeling better, do all this hard work, and find there's often nothing on the other side of the rainbow, so to speak. I'm still the same person I was but without some of the pain"

Brad, Last summer I did an experiment and did all my "health things", and felt very good; I also heard God's voice very clearly. I felt that I had glimpses of a higher dimension.
I know who I am In Christ. Christ, the Truth in me. I think one needs to have a clean vessel in order or Him to do His work thru us and in order for us to hear His voice. That's the way it seems to work for me, anyway.

BTW I do not go on diets. I am not overweight, nor in pain. I just like to try to keep my "temple" clean.

Thanks for your comments.

Katy
Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Brad, one more thing, you said "A diet is a particularly tricky thing because, gosh darn it, we deserve a little pleasure for all the other crap we put up with."

Sorry folks, don't know if I'm posting correctly with the quotes, etc.. but anywho..

With me it has always been the other way around. I had/have a lot of crap to put up with largely because of the junk foods I had and toxins in the body messing up my brain chemistry. Now when I eat "right", etc. when something happens.. a challenge, a mean person, whatever... I am better able to deal with it. I'm not saying the problems will go away. It's not what happens; it's how we deal with what happens.
Don't know if I'm explaining this right, as I am not much of a "debater".

I guess we are all on different paths, or at different places on the "path"

Katy

posted Hide Post
Katy said: With me it has always been the other way around. I had/have a lot of crap to put up with largely because of the junk foods I had and toxins in the body messing up my brain chemistry.

Yes, that�s a great perspective. I know what you�re saying, but it�s also a way of putting a new and maybe better perspective on what I previously said. A lot of things seem to be big deals when we�re not in the best frame of mind. We wouldn�t have to run to our crutches if perhaps we weren�t using them in the first place.

Don't know if I'm explaining this right, as I am not much of a "debater".

Well, being able to put into words precisely what you�re thinking takes lots and lots of practice�and even then the best we can do is just an approximation. I think you did a splendid job.

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
O.K. thanks. I'll re read what you wrote and see how it all fits together.

Katy