Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spot on Base of Neck Login/Join

posted
It's been quite awhile since I had what seems to be a Kundalini Awakening. While practicing some forms of meditation on my own, I was kind of winging it with what information I found on the internet; leaving a lot of trust to the process and the universe and God and such. I hadn't come across mention of Kundalini until after this happened.While the experience was presented to me in a variety of ways initially, I eventually came across an experience that particularly unsettled me and have been working through that the best I could ever since. A lot of fear was brought up and it's been very difficult to accept certain aspects of the experience and the way in which I interact with it; inhibiting the process.

While the experiences have had a wide variety of interpretations within my own consciousness, there is one specific on going sensation that I have yet to find any reference to while reading about Kundalini and related topics; and thus have been unable to come to some kind of conclusion as to what it is enough to relax about it or fight it more enthusiastically.

While I have come across mention of pressure in the head, which occurs with varying intensity depending on thought and behavior and emotion and such.. The part, that is related to this, occasionally being where the energy or pressure feels like it comes from, is a point, a spot on the right side of the base of my neck..

This I have thought was a wide variety of things greatly affecting my perception of the world around me and the cause effect relationships between things based on my current interpretation.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what this might be in relation to Kundalini, or any other system of thought for that matter so I can relate it to my interpretations and readings to come to some kind of close and can move in some direction on the matter.

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 11 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi NSloan, and welcome to the forum.

It's been my experience that sensations such as you describe are usually where blockages of some kind exist. Sometimes they go away quickly as the issue resolves; sometimes it can take quite awhile. See if you can discover anything associated with this sensation -- what seems to intensify it, or what lessens it. Usually we can get a sense of what's going on like that.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I had figured that kind of thing early on, but without any real progress on the matter I moved on and it has over time become less of an so yeah, just haven't been able to pinpoint.. hmmm..

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 11 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post