The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    Kundalini and the releasing of energy cords in regards to forgiveness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and the releasing of energy cords in regards to forgiveness Login/Join

posted
Just wondering if anyone has experience releasing energy cords? Hope I'm using the correct terms. Recently I had a healing experience with a visiting Hindu Healer who spent some time teaching me how to do this as part of forgiveness work. I did ok on my own after he left till it came time to do work on a relationship with a person who is seriously mentally ill. I experienced deep pain in this relationship. Removal of these cords was difficult and I experienced some bleeding with two of the cords in my lungs as they withdrew. I'm just wondering what might have happened here? Thanks so much for any insight into this new area for me.
Peace
Sue

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with this as a discipline, Sue (I hope Linda still checks in at times; perhaps she could help). Could these energy cords be the same thing as the nadis, which are subtle energy passageways? I have had experiences of these becoming blocked, pressured, and so forth.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sue, the nadis are cleaned through right diet, breathing, rest, sunshine, air, and, or course, right intention, especially in terms of cultivating the love of God. Forgiveness plays a powerful role here, and that goes along with some of what you shared.

I've not run into the teaching about bands connecting shamans and other spiritual teachers with others. If you have a reference, I'd like to pursue it further. It's possible that a shaman could be a Christian mystic, but I haven't heard of any who claim to be, or vice versa.

I'll ask Linda to take a look at your posts and see what she thinks. w.c. has been offline lately with no ISP at the moment, but maybe he'll see this at work or the library and have a comment. Anyone else with feedback, please feel free . . .

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the board must have been calling out to me because I got an intuitive hit to check things out.

Sue, I'm happy to hear that you've had a successful experience having disruptive "energy cords" removed from your auric field (subtle energy bodies). The "bleeding" element concerns me, though a real healer can certainly stimulate such an episode. Something like that happened to me after working with a shamman and I darted off to my western MD for a host of tests since I got worried that it was something else. Thankfully, the tests proved nothing wrong while the shamman told me I'd had a serious "clearing" in my field.
And in that area of my body, I've had no further problems.

So, (naturally),I've heard of the energy cords, have actually "seen" them in people's fields during the times when my third eye was more active, and have had experiences with a healer, shammanic type removing negative ones myself.

Supposedly, in most energy healing modalities, and I include shammanism in this, everyone has energy cords. Cords are formed both good and bad - heart cords, for example, to loved ones, like parents or children, and then more negative cords that connect to various chakras that block development, growth, through such patterns as co-dependence, other emotional or sexual abuse, boundary issues,other negative personal relationship issues, etc. all of which can certainly take place even within a spiritual walk, from Christianity to guru, depending on the nature of the relationship one forms with authority and how much of one's "authentic" self has been given away in the process. These cords are supposedly "etheric" energy strings - sort of mentioned (in my opinion) in the Bible's Psalms in the very negative sense of "snares" set by the enemy, those spiritual such as demons or physical enemies in real bodies.

But, and here's the rub - the healing of those cords (whether one can feel them or not in your aura, etc.) is the issue. In the Christian walk, the purification rituals of prayer, fasting, regular ones that Phil mentions, as well as the faith that Christ is the way, truth, light, exclusively, the healer, those cords or snares will be healed in Christ/God's/the Holy Spirit's timetable. In other walks, yeah, you can go pay someone to do this work for you, which puts it on your timetable and gives them the spiritual authority to act as intercessor. Or if you'
re in a spiritual walk with a guru, your guru may decide the time table and method for healing when he/she feels it is appropriate for you. It becomes something you can dialogue about with someone whom you think has the power to put things right and that person is right there in the physical world.

So that puts Christianity at a frustrating disadvantage in a way, because you can't hire anything like removing "Cords" to get done - at least in the way Christianity is currently practiced, or have a priest promise you you'll be healed by doing certain things at a certain time to heal a specific issue. Those rituals I've mentioned are all we have as well as prayer, alone or with those on our walk, or praying with someone who has a specific, and strong healing charisma. But still there are no outside promises of when and where healing of any typewill or can occur.

Wouldn't you say mystics have a more develop charismas than others - perhaps one or two gifts versus just the ones listed in Corinthians? But I can't think of a Christian mystic who has been able to control the time table of their healing or talked about getting energy cords removed. What they have written about is the grace of forgiveness, in the sense that the grace comes from Christ. He bestows. That's it. Both easy and difficult. But at least we know the gift comes from him. The difficulty is in not knowing the hows or whys of the when. We have no control, only our faith. And the cost isn't ours, its his, on the cross. He only decides to use us when he decides we're ready for his grace. That's one of the basic mysteries of Christianity.

But Sue, I think, one can be a Christian mystic and a shamman - at least in metaphor. If you know anything about shammanism, the shamman normally goes to nature - particularly animals (and Paul discusses this in Romans) - for the spiritual soul strength to overcome obstacles. Each animal or natural substance (be it the "bear" or "elk" spirit, flowers, grass, specific herbs, even tobacco) are gifted with powers in the shammanic world and the shamman goes out of body to unite a portion of his/ her soul with one or more of these substances on the astral/spiritual plane to give him/her more power to help heal a person. Gurus, in turn, go to their guru, usually connected to a lineage of healers, and in the Hindu and Tibetian Buddhist tradition, a lineage of saints, as vessels of oomfed-up spiritual power.

At Christian Healing Ministeries, whose head Francis MacNutt, told me he has had years of discussions with shammans about their healing rituals, Francis told me (when I had a zillion questions about all of this years ago), that Christ takes the place of the other "energies" generated by the natural images or lineage of saints - though Catholicism certainly has some saints in line for help. As Christians, we ask Christ to heal us, and by his death and resurrection, we have access exclusively to him. And since his Father made the universe and all that's in it, we're talking about a lot of power here! Also, Francis certainly has stories about shammans who have successfully become Christians as well as written about people seeking healing who have had unsuccessful healings via Christianity and turned back to their shammans, gurus etc. (And often with negative results.) I suggest MacNutt's book "Deliverance From Evil Spirits," where he chronicles his and others involved in Christian healing in India and other parts of Asia.

Now to anyone reading this shaking their head, I don't quote anything about Christian healing only as a matter of rhetoric. Christ really does bestow healing graces on his followers, so strong as to sever any negative energy cords. The problem, I've personally found, is that many Christians who claim to have a highly developed charism in healing, simply don't. (And I've found that true at Christian Healing Ministeries, which is regarded by both the Protestant and Catholic churches as pretty highly evolved in understanding healing on many levels.) But I have seen that specific priests do have those kinds of charisms. Attending a healing mass and praying with a priest that has a true healing charism has been, I've found, safer and more effective than working with any energy healer or a healer outside of the Christian walk.

And, believe me, I've certainly treaded through my share of shammans, gurus who claim a healing charism (particularly in kundalini) and energy healers who claim to be able to tap into the energies of distant universes to help them out.

Safer is really the key word for me.
Sue, I'd like to hear if your healing "sticks." (And I hope it does.) I'm not discounting the capabilities of all healers in these other walks. I truly believe many of them are sincere and many of them are the real thing. But the purification, both physical, emotional, spiritual required in these walks takes years and years -- just study the training of a real guru in any Hindu or Tibetian Buddhist walk, a Native American shamman, etc. And I've found it takes years to even evaluate whether even the most popular of these figures are the real thing. Just check out any websites devoted to spiritual abuse and you'll see a lot of names and postings (not to mention law suits) related to some household names in this realm that will make your heart drop.

Just as there are many damaged Christians and priests, the same goes for the healers in these other traditions. One must be very careful in selecting and working with any healer, in my opinion, outside of a very traditional Christian healing walk, because you have to know what the source of their healing power is and be assured it isn't a form of magic. The problem is a true Christian "healer" is likely never to market or charge for their services because they know the power only comes from Christ and is not theirs to claim. Going to non-Christian healers, which is easy because so many of them advertise in various places, means, for me, greater risk. You could be leaving yourself open to occult energies - whether it be black or white magic, its dangerous because by putting yourself in those energy realms, you are automatically opening your subconscious and superconscious to those realms. If you've been in a good relationship with a guru, then the guru will have been preparing you for various stages of healing via various purification rituals and can help you through the process, which usually takes more one appointment. The problem today is that many people go to a variety of healers, instead of being in process with exclusively one person who supposedly has the power to help. Mixing all those energies can be really dangerous on every level. I know, I've been there and can recount dozens of people whom I know have experienced negative consequences by not walking one walk with one teacher at a time. So Sue, I find it disturbing that this, from what I remember reading, was a one-stop appt for you with what seems to be a very powerful Hindu healer.

Consequently, Sue, you're also right in posting about negative cords. These can also occur by working with healers/shammans who abuse their power and hook into other people through cords to drain their energy. I know, I've really experienced that and its taken a lot of work in my Christian walk, both in prayer and therapy, to work it out as well as being prayed over and prayed for by some very powerful Christians with a healing charism. But I also must add, in all fairness, that I'd had multiple sessions in particular with one Tibetian Buddhist healer in the past and never had any negative consequences.

To anyone unfamiliar with energy cord healingthis, I'd just advise BEWARE. Also, Sue, did this Hindu healer give you a specific meditation to do to sustain your healing? That's pretty common and it does keep your energy linked, usually, to that healer if you fall into any distress. They can psychically pick up on it (and you can psychically be called upon by them, I've experienced that) for better or worse.

Also, on a different note, I did check out the www.har-tzion.com website that had been in a posting on this board. I could immediately feel the energy of this man, (shaktiput?) and completely read through his website (he provides a background regarding every guru/holy man he's ever studied with, it seems.) Quite a journey and certainly proves my point of how long the road of enlightenment is, at least from an energetic standpoint. (And I'm not claiming Christians are particularly enlightened. But Christ is! We struggle for it on our walk as well.)

But energetic automatically translate into spiritual? I think not. Also read the English message boards on his forum. I certainly don't doubt his sincerity, energy enlightenmnet, good heart, etc. But I challenge anyone to read through all of those forum postings - esssentialy a Q&A - and consider his responses and experiences as any worthy substitute for the spiritual direction, comfort or healing in attending mass, Christian prayer or what the Bible has to say about living your life as a member of Christ's body.

Long, long post, but makes up for months of absence!

Posts: 100 | Registered: 20 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- originally posted on 5/27/03 -

Hi Sue,

I'd really just like to confirm all that Linda says. Her post was right on the money, as usual.I've experienced/detected these negative energy cords in my aura (indeed it was Linda who pointed me to their existance) and have tried to break them through such techniques as visualisation and prayer.

I'm often tempted to go to healers/shaman etc to "deal" with them and have to remind myself that just such a visit to an unscrupulous healer actually created or, rather, brought into effect the influence of these negative cords, if that makes sense.

Consequently, I try to discipline myself in the Christian path and leave the healing to Christ in God's time. Ofcourse this is not to say that sincere, well intentioned healers cannot bear fruit, but you do become tied to them.

Recently, I wrote to the author of a book on meditation as healing and, because of the unique nature of some of my problems, he recommended I contact his guru, Yogi Bhajan. I didn't feel inclined to do so and, indeed, received an audiovoyant warning(something I get a lot when I am about to make a serious mistake and which I hope I am learning to pay heed to, although not always) about such an attachment.

I don't know if you know the song about the old lady who swallowed a spider to catch the fly she had swallowed and ends up dying after swallowing a horse to capture the succession of animals she imbibed in order to deal with the original ingested fly.

I'm guilty of swallowing a host of creatures in an attempt to deal with these cords but have finally, I hope, learned to give it to Christ. The energy and power he distributes in order to break the bands of unforgiveness or dis-ease is truly sufficient. however, Linda's account of shmanic healing etc is really fascinating.

Thanks and best wishes,

Stephen.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Linda>
posted

Hey Stephen,

Good to hear an update. I thought you might have an opinion on energy cording given the astral harassment you've written about in your posts over the past couple of years.

And may I add my two cents re Yogi Bhajan. One of his most famous students, Gurumuck, operates a popular yoga studio in LA, and when I lived in LA, I went there for classes since the focus is kundalini yoga. I had great hopes. I thought these "experts" might have the solution. She's also written a good book, in my opinion, re poses that help kundalini process and Yogi Bhahan has written a ton - including small pamphlets on specific poses for physical, mental distress, not just K-related, but general health, vitality, etc. I've found the info in these books good re nadi cleansing, but as I went to more classes at Golden Bridge, the yoga studio, including one with Yogi Bhahan, who spends most of his time on a huge ashram with his devotees in New Mexico, I found both the vibe and some of the "messages" subtly anti-Christian. Teachers would always get a negative opinion in about the shortcomings of Christianity and I found that increasing disturbing, as well as the interactions!
between students and some of the teachers there in terms of co-dependence and a bit of star-system, not unusual given the fact that real movie stars do frequent the place. Then I started hearing other things - re the cult like nature of the organization in general. Look at cultnews.com, Rick Ross's website and you won't believe all the negative filings under 3DO, which is Bhajan's organization, was well as under his name, including some big law suits. I met another "healer," who was dating a friend of mine who had a pretty disturbing experience re that organization about two years into being a devotee and bolted.

I know these things can happen in any organizational setting, but some of the testimonies by former students on the cult news website are really among the most chilling of any found under other names, mostly in terms of business dealings. But in Yoga Bhajan's defense, let me add I personally talked to plenty of students who had had some wild K experiences who seemed to have been properly led by his advice in terms of cooling down their systems, and not buying into the kind of meditation madness that can take place with an active K. Bhajan has a very practical approach. Gurumuck gave me a specific meditation to do to balance my left and right brain waves. It was really rigorous, basically a mantra used by their students who are in deep energy distress, and I really couldn't keep up with it on a daily basis, because it had an emptying effect. Instead of brain balanced, I felt brain drained.

But for the most part,I found the general yoga instruction from a practical standpoint very good re K problems, but the belief system and group mindset increasingly suspect. (as well as the veneration of Yoga Bhajhan, who is actually quite old and ailing, disturbing from a Christian perspective.)

Anyway, in my opinion, your intuitive guidance was right on. Best to bypass that organization.

Keep the faith! Best, Linda

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Phil>
posted

Good to have you posting again Linda, and you, too, Stephen.

From your posts, I have a better understanding of what you all mean by energy cords; it sounds like the subtle energy component of an attachment, with which I am very familiar. Psychological projections and psychic bonds also seem to fit your descriptions.

Here's a principle I've found: energy follows attention.

That's it, but it's so absolutely true that we can use this principle to work free from difficult attachments. I know that's hard when they're "pinching us" and so make a claim on attention, but at least we can understand from this principle why they keep a hold of us.

Some of the steps I use to break an attachment are outlined here. You'll see how a process of letting go and forgiveness can be helpful for disentangling. Ultimately, we must shift attention to being here how and doing what we're doing in a spirit of love. Some of these attachments resist this movement, but God's grace is ultimately stronger.

Does this speak to the issue at hand?

<Linda>
posted
- originally posted on 5/29/03 -

Sue,
I can only say don't mix the energies. If you're working with healers in the eastern tradition, stay with that. If you plan on following the Christian path, then go exclusively on that path. Don't expect anything from trying to do both.

I'm sorry you had a negative experience with Christianity ( I did, too, in my youth), and there are certainly plenty of abusive Christians out there, or negative ones that might be responsible for the recent physical reactions you had while searching for a new church.

But Christianity, as it is practiced in most churches, is not a journey of physically activating soul energies as the eastern traditions are. Consequently, by following a Christian tradition of healing, my point is that a person is likely to put themselves at less risk than going to the eastern types or New Age healers because the energy exchange in Christianity is only between Christ and the person, with no one is acting as an physical intermediary, such as a healer or guru. In Christianity, the assitance comes only from praying with other people, not having someone act an intercessor and help manipulate a specific type of energy healing with a goal in mind. Sure, you can petition by yourself in prayer or with others praying for you for specific type of healing, but its not the same as the equivalent of psychic surgery as a healer helping you remove energy cords. And that's a huge difference.

<Phil>
posted

Sue, I've no problems either with seeking help to deal with any kinds of problems, even psychic or spiritual ones. The issue is, as Linda has mentioned, a mixing of energies, and even here, that need not be an issue unless the healer is attempting to lead you to another paradigm.

My earlier point about energy following attention needs to be qualified by noting that one's manner of attending implies a certain intentionality, which in turn implies a certain formation. What are we intending/seeking? How are we pursuing this? Here we see why spiritual formation is important, and why it's often better to stick with one paradigm than to be too ecclectic.

What this would mean in your concrete situation is not clear to me, however. You sound very, very "open" and sensitive at this point, which could signify a need to work more on grounding and on forming a proper container for the energy. This in itself is a vast topic, but we could pursue it to some extent if it seems to fit for you. Perhaps the others have something to add to this.

<Sue>
posted

Hi Linda and Phil :
I finally understand what you were trying to say. There are two overlapping issues here. There is probably a lot of validity in what you are saying. On rare occasions, twice in the past 10 yrs. God has lead me to experience help in energy healing. There is deep peace and feeling totally safe when this happens or I would not enter into the process. So I will pray on what you are saying and also why God wished me to meet this person.

The other thing is the issue of recently experiencing psychic violation with this Christian minister. My feelings only started surfacing last night. At first I didn't know where this was coming from. As I prayed over the next few days I discovered it was from her. I prayed for her and the energy retreated coming back only once the next day. I again prayed for her and have not been affected since. Seeing as how religious abuse is an issue for me it is an unhealed area as of yet. I'm really rather POed about this experience at present. It was violating, unsettling and went on for 5 days. I am taking many breaks, breathing deeply, offering my feelings up to God. I've done heavy exercise and could probably do some more to help ground all this anger I'm feeling today. I'm open to other suggestions.
Thanks
Sue

posted Hide Post
- originally posted on 5/30/03 -

Sue,

I can relate to your anger concerning spiritual abuse. I've been plagued by it for the past few years now. Sometimes, however, terrible attacks can result from the most well intentioned encounters. I went to a Christian healer once and he seemed to aggravate these cords we're talking about opening up links with an occultist I had known. The resulting attacks and psychic turmoil was horrendous. It seems to me that a lot of Christians don't have a clue about subtle energy systems and true healing. Most of the Christian healers I have known only want to zap the living day lights out of you. They're totally unaware of energy systems and are prone to pronouncing such things as chakras or Kundalini energies as Satanic. However there are some Christians out there who know, you know? Like Phil, Linda . . .

Having said all this it seems to me that an awareness of just what part of our beings are being dealt with in healing processes is crucial. It's perhaps necessary to distinguish between the part of us that God deals with when we go directly to Christ through the Holy Spirit and the part of us that is being worked upon by healers - Christian or otherwise. The healers seem to me to deal with the grosser elements of our soul - Kundalini energy, chakra energy, the grosser parts of our psychic field. Direct contact with Christ via the Spirit will influence these parts but there is a more subtle part of us - our spirit perhaps - which Christ affects. This spirit is subtle, more refined, and is the part of us that is directly linked with God. The Bible talks about the Spirit giving birth to spirit(John 3) and the Spirit testifying with our spirits that we are children of God(Romans). In otherwords Christ awakens our spirit, makes us aware of his love and tenderness and heals us!
through that contact, working outwards towards soul healing and physical healing. I hope all this makes sense. Just running these thoughts off the top of my head.

I tried to deal with these cords we're talking about by focusing on them and visualising Christ's light and love running thro them. This only aggravated the situation and resulted in some severe attacks. Now my approach is more general, less focused, more of a general awareness of my aura than a direct pinpointing of the cords and the results have been far better. I can only say that the process of healing from God through spiritual discipline like prayer and contemplation has been evident in my life over the past few years and any time I have sought to hurry things through healers etc, there has been a massive set back.

P.S. - Linda, I had a look at some websites. Francis Macnutt is coming to Scotland this November> I hope to check him out. Ta!!

Stephen.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by <Stephen>:
[qb]- originally posted on 5/30/03 -

Sue,

I can relate to your anger concerning spiritual abuse. I've been plagued by it for the past few years now. Sometimes, however, terrible attacks can result from the most well intentioned encounters. I went to a Christian healer once and he seemed to aggravate these cords we're talking about opening up links with an occultist I had known. The resulting attacks and psychic turmoil was horrendous. It seems to me that a lot of Christians don't have a clue about subtle energy systems and true healing. Most of the Christian healers I have known only want to zap the living day lights out of you. They're totally unaware of energy systems and are prone to pronouncing such things as chakras or Kundalini energies as Satanic. However there are some Christians out there who know, you know? Like Phil, Linda . . .

Having said all this it seems to me that an awareness of just what part of our beings are being dealt with in healing processes is crucial. It's perhaps necessary to distinguish between the part of us that God deals with when we go directly to Christ through the Holy Spirit and the part of us that is being worked upon by healers - Christian or otherwise. The healers seem to me to deal with the grosser elements of our soul - Kundalini energy, chakra energy, the grosser parts of our psychic field. Direct contact with Christ via the Spirit will influence these parts but there is a more subtle part of us - our spirit perhaps - which Christ affects. This spirit is subtle, more refined, and is the part of us that is directly linked with God. The Bible talks about the Spirit giving birth to spirit(John 3) and the Spirit testifying with our spirits that we are children of God(Romans). In otherwords Christ awakens our spirit, makes us aware of his love and tenderness and heals us!
through that contact, working outwards towards soul healing and physical healing. I hope all this makes sense. Just running these thoughts off the top of my head.

I tried to deal with these cords we're talking about by focusing on them and visualising Christ's light and love running thro them. This only aggravated the situation and resulted in some severe attacks. Now my approach is more general, less focused, more of a general awareness of my aura than a direct pinpointing of the cords and the results have been far better. I can only say that the process of healing from God through spiritual discipline like prayer and contemplation has been evident in my life over the past few years and any time I have sought to hurry things through healers etc, there has been a massive set back.

P.S. - Linda, I had a look at some websites. Francis Macnutt is coming to Scotland this November> I hope to check him out. Ta!!

Stephen.[/qb]

Posts: 12 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<BonnieB>
posted

BonnieB

Message: I'm sorry you had a negative experience with Christianity ( I did, too, in my youth), and there are certainly plenty of abusive Christians out there, or negative ones that might be responsible for the recent physical reactions you had while searching for a new church.

Linda,

Are you an energy healer?

I, too, had an abusive experience with a Christian, in my case, it happened to be a priest.
Now, although, it is years later, I experience
repeat incidences of the abuse when other priests
in the diocese seem to deliberately set off triggers for me about the initial incident.
So, it's been a long series of emotional abuse that is continuing until the present. I have
no way to stop this abuse because it is emotional
and it is not recognized by civil law.....besides
it would be my word against his....

I've gone to energy healers, healing services, therapy,
the whole gamut, but, as long as I live in the
local where I live and am immediately exposed to these people, I am still being hurt by them.

I am also intuitive, have had precognitive
experiences, various types of psychic experiences,
and, at times, synchronistic episodes abound. I use centering prayer as my meditation twice a day and have done so for years. I have a very good
relationship with God.

My question for you is: How do I protect myself?
These men are priests and they are using the Liturgy to hurt me! The healing place has, now, for a long time been a place of poison. I've tried going to other Liturgies but this man apparently has lots of friends.

I'm really not nuts but I am being hurt....psychically, emotionally, and spiritually.

How can I possibly ever heal under these circumstances?

Help!

Thank you.

BonnieB.

<Linda>
posted

Stephen, well said! In my experience, it has also been more helpful to be more general about what my need for healing, versus specific petitions - i.e making the faith assumption that Christ and God know more than I do about my situation, and keeping my energy focussed on magnifying God versus on some specific subtle energy problem (or very large one, for that matter)

Bonnie,

To address some of your questions:

I studied energy/psychic healing before I became committed to the Christian path. It was very detrimental for me energetically and spiritually, but reading and attending seminars related to energy healing over those years certainly educated me about what it involves, various methods and approaches, so I guess I have somewhat of an understanding of that paradigm.

When I referred to having an abusive situation in Christianity in my youth, it was not that horrendous - mostly the case of Born-Again relatives harassing my bench warming Protestant parents and me re the fact that in their opinion we weren't saved since we didn't go to their church (versus a Methodist one in town), and other such reasons and spent a good deal of my youth trying to save my soul. (They dragged me off to a Billy Graham crusade without telling my parents when I was a pre-teen.) So I miscorrectly used the term "abuse" in light of what really goes on. But the impact of me from the judgements of those relatives was pretty serious - I didn't attend church regularly or take Christianity very seriously through much of my 20s and when I started hitting some hard times in my early 30s, I turned to the occultic stuff, which was a real mistake.

Re the abuse situation you've written about. I don't have any expertise in advising anyone regarding something this serious. My spiritual take on it is that the priest doing the harrassing could be possessed, has a lot of power in terms of group energy and that you're up against something very big and dense. I would think your only recourse is to find another church, most likely of another denomination, and keep away from that negative energy. Please completely trust that Christ and God are protecting you constantly, even if you're feeling the energy harassment. But you'll have to stay in prayer and positive thinking, magnifying God's power, constantly, to overcome this.

I would also find a prayer group not related to that church and ask them to pray with you for spiritual strength. What I wouldn't do, given the small religious community you've alluded to in your area, is give them any real details about what you're fighting through unless you have real support from other parishers from your church.

But those are only off the cuff comments. Perhaps Phil or others would have greater insights.

<Sue>
posted

Well, thank you all very much. I've had a chance to sleep on things.
Phil, thanks for bringing up about grounding. I believe this may be some of the source of my hypersensitivity at the moment to sound, others emotions. I went to a new level about 6 weeks ago and I must still be integrating everything. There is always a period of adjustment for me when this happens. So I'm taking some quality time off to assist this process. Diet, being out in nature, tai chi is very grounding for me, ect.

What I also hear you guys saying is not to mix spiritual lines. I agree with you. I will still at times, go outside of Christianity for conversations with people from other religions however. I do not spend time with people who are in anyway disrespectful of Christianity not do they have any desire to change my direction. And I feel the same about them.

And what I'm getting from what Linda and Stephen are saying, and I agree, is not to spend my time in developing psychic abilities. This isn't what the Christian contemplative/mystical path is about. Because once these channels have been opened far enough it's difficult to close them. I'm still at the point where this new opening can be closed for me.

I truly am sorry to hear of others religious abuse issues. Regardless of the religion. I am much more at peace today with this latest experience with this minister. I have just found that it is ok to tell God exactly how I feel, & think about these types of experiences. In otherwords I don't have to be socially acceptable when I'm standing naked in front of God. This is who I am God nothing to hide. I hurt, I need your guidance. I surrender to your healing. What do you what me to do? And I must remember why I am on this spiritual path and all that that entails.
Peace to all
Sue