Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible kundalini symptoms? Login/Join

posted
Hi dear all, I hope it is OK to open a new thread. Please move it to wherever you think is appropriate. I want to know if my kundalini is awakened. I was very into the teachings of Ramana Maharshi on the Self recently. And after a bit of research I started doing the Self-Attention meditation which was described by his disciple Sadhu Om in his book--The Path of Sri Ramana.

I experimented with this meditation for some time and starting from two months ago, I started feeling a numbing (tightening, pressing, or maybe prickling—but it doesn’t hurt, sorry I don’t know exactly what word, but it feels like energy passing) sensation on my left face every once in a while. I also experience a shooting/bursting type of pain in my liver sometimes. It lasts for only a second or two and then disappears.

For the past few days I feel that sensation on my left face almost every single day. Sometimes on the right side alone or on both sides as well. But mostly it is on the left side. The shooting pain in my liver occurs almost once or twice, every day too. Sometimes it occurs in the spleen as well. Since I eat a lot of herbs to protect my liver—have been doing that since a long time ago, I don’t believe it is any liver disease. I haven’t read anybody write about pain in the liver regarding kundalini, expect this lady on this website:

http://www.cit-sakti.com/story...ng-story-chapt13.htm

Ramana Maharshi has taught that Self, God and kundalini are manifestations of the same reality. So I think spiritual practice that aims at finding the Self will probably awaken the kundalini. Do you guys think this is kundalini?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the emotional/psychological level, the changes are mixed. On the one hand I feel I'm more vulnerable to negativities. A tiny thing can drive me to emotional extremes. But on the other hand I feel my heart is more and more filled with an emptiness. Anything is "buffered" by that emptiness. So unlike before I cannot really "fall" for anybody.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Fang, and welcome to the forum.

It is not uncommon to have psycho-somatic sensations and experiences consequent to a meditation practice, but that does not mean that one has awakened kundalini. From the kinds of experiences you share, I am wondering if you would not benefit from taking a break from meditation for awhile, or trying something else.

This is a Christian site and so we do not share Ramana Maharishi's view about the meaning of kundalini. Take some time and read around this forum a bit. My sense is that kundalini is more an energy/process rooted in the spiritual part of our human nature rather than the divine. Of course, contact with the divine can activate the process.

Are you meeting with someone for spiritual guidance? It sounds like that could be helpful to you.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Fang
I work with many people who have problematic kundalini awakenings and the first thing I say to everybody with physical symptoms is: get checked out by a doctor. Once you have green light from that side we can consider whether these are kundalini symptoms.

The answer to that question is, yes, this could be kundalini symptoms. Kundalini can mimic any disease and can produce a myriad of symptoms. I myself had the full textbook-like symptoms of liver and gallbladder disease but all check-ups with the doctor showed that my organs were in perfect conditions. But it was really painful - I can tell you.

Your emotional state of mind corroborates my 'diagnosis'. Amplified emotions combined with stronger spiritual feelings and love are very typical.

My advice is, be very careful now. Slow down your spiritual practice, observe yourself carefully and most importantly, do not push or try to get more kundalini. It might be extremely difficult to handle.

I do not agree that kundalini is the same as God. Kundalini is more like fuel or energy that can be used for good and bad purposes. If you use it solely for your spiritual path it will accelerate your development and facilitate enlightenment. But it is not the same.

Hope this helps.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a kundalini awakening.

My kundalini fully erupted in September or November 2013. All of the above I described were pre-kundalini.

Phil, I'm not using this website to spread Ramana's teachings. I am trying to describe how it awakened. I do recognize this is a Christian website and I respect that.

Have been dealing with many difficult symptoms ever since. Kundalini can be brutal at times.

Tara, thanks for all the help you have ever offered me. I really appreciate it.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Fang. It's been several years since this exchange, and I hear your concern about kundalini symptoms. Yes, it can be very difficult. I'm not sure how to help with that, but am glad you found some assistance from Tara.

Peace, Phil

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post