Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am new here (I think my Kundalini is rising) Login/Join

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I have moved the somewhat contentious discussion on gnostic spirituality and related issues to another forum discussion on apophatic Christian spirituality.
- see https://shalomplace.org/eve/for...10625/m/76110806/p/3 and five posts down on that page and a post by Samson.

Sidebar tangential discussion happen on almost every thread, but clearing those out will hopefull restore the core focus of this one.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
somewhat contentious discussion

Hi, Phil,

I understand that you see it as contentious, but I don't believe that anyone reporting on their current, personal experience can ever be considered "contentious," let along a contribution from our friend of many years.

I was going to launch into a few points from Hans Urs von Balthasar, but I realized that we have had this discussion multiple times already on SP. I find I rarely have anything new to say on these topics now.

On a happier note ... here is a seasonal greeting from me to all our contributors and all our many lurkers on SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvj3x18KFj0

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I don't think we've seen the last of our old friend, Derek. I hope not. And, yes, I do believe I came down too hard on him. I've sent him an email, acknowledging as much.

Nice keyboard work! I didn't recognize the tune, though. Is it an original?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, I am so glad to hear that.

The tune is a 1974 hit that is exceptionally well-known in the UK, and almost totally unknown over here.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tanja.

Hope things are well with you.

Being wary of linking off site I notice (using the find function) that there are mentions of the word prana and Kundalini in these forums but no mentions of pranotthana.

This might be a precursor to further Kundalini activity (the main event as it were) or it may not. On other forums where I was a member there was a core of women going through changes in their lives (including some stressful relationship ones) and some going through the menopause. I believe both of these can initiate a energetic response within the body.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post